The online racing simulator
Favorite type of racing.
(68 posts, started )
Favorite type of racing.
Just wondering what some of the lfs users favorite types of racing is. I'm already pretty sure that 90% of the answers are going to be F1.
But I dont think everyones is.

For me. I Love NASCAR. I know that everyone says that turning left constantly would be boring but that is usually countered by having 4 or 5 cars around u at almost all times and the 180 mph speed and never having to slow to 20 mph for a turn.

This dosent just include F1 and NASCAR. Dont forget about Le Mans, kart racing, stock car, Late model, Sprint cars, Modifieds, Drag racing, Street racing, drifting, super bike and even horse and dog racing if u want.
I like ARCA the best. NASCAR satisfies me less than ARCA but NASCAR will do when ARCA's not on.

American Le Mans and the Rolex Sports Cars are pretty cool as well. I dont know, I guess I cant really rank all the motorsports that easily.

I guess ARCA and NASCAR would be my favorite, everything else is ok to me. But I dislike off road circuits like off road buggy/trucks, and Outlaws (Stock F1 to Europeans) the most (with an exception of Rally).

Also...is street racing a motorsport? Is there a legal street racing series?
I like most anything that involves motors tracks and fast racing.
V8 Supercars F1 DTM GT DA NASCAR proberly anything you could say but there are exceptions such as truck racing that shits me up the wall, and drag racing that just gets a tad repetative.
I didnt say it had to be legal. If illegal street racing is what u like then its what u like.
nascar arca craftsman truck series DTM V8 super cars.. i can pretty much like any racing as long as it don't involve motorcycle racing
Formula One. and V8 supercar as well
Touring car racing for me, I just love the door banging and the look of mid 90s touring cars. I have the 1998-1999 BTCC season reviews on VHS and love them to bits (not so much the 99, but 98 was just such a great season).
MotoGP, which somehow manages to be both the Formula 1 of motorcycle racing and the anti-Formula 1.

I watch World Superbike and AMA Superbike from time to time but I don't follow them like I do MotoGP.
I prefer bike racing. I follow Moto GP and World Superbikes and sometimes catch the BSB and AMA races on TV over here.

My absolute favourite is Real Road Racing - Isle of Man TT, North West 200 etc. Those guys are the bravest on the planet bar none I think.

If you get a chance to watch some of those guys on You Tube have a look, they are awesome.

The best car racing for passing seems to be the Touring Car championships but its not as exciting as the Bikes.

Cheers
Craig
V8 Supercars are the ultimate sport. F1 is good, but it's just not as exciting as the V8's. With the V8's, you can rub, push, shove, all that kind of stuff.

With F1, if you were to make contact with another driver, it's game over.
I like some race allow more style of car like Nur 24
Grass-roots open-wheel racing (karts, Formula Ford, F3), and historic rallying.
1.F1
2.MotoGP
3.V8 Supercars
4.NASCAR
5.WTCC
1. Something close and actionpacked like BTCC, or WTCC
2. Le Mans because all the cars go vroom and they are big and fast and are funny if they crash (put on 3 year old voice)
3. Cheese rolling (?)
4. Banger racing/Caravan Racing/Destructive racing
5. Me on a Go-Kart
#15 - aoun
F1, CCWS, MotoGP, Nascar, V8Supercars, Le Mans, Karting.

Simple list .
F1, BTCC

Grrr! i hate ARCA it's all thats ever on motors TV these days, im sick of the sight of it.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Touring car racing for me, I just love the door banging and the look of mid 90s touring cars. I have the 1998-1999 BTCC season reviews on VHS and love them to bits (not so much the 99, but 98 was just such a great season).

Touring car FTW

I like competition where beautiful cars race, so the closest to a road car, the better. Tskuba battles with road cars is my favourite kind of race.
Rallying. Mainly our own national events. F-Cup and Sprint events and Historic rallying. Rallycross too, first time this year they drive division 1 cars there too, but for me those RWD cars are the shit there. And if you're lucky you can get to see this on Sprint event. Althought gravel events are the best.

I like touring too, but mainly I have only been in Historic events. I was sad when I heard that they're not gonna anymore race Super Saloon in Finland, they were some hell of a nice cars watch to race.
#19 - Jakg
Quote from Craig WA :My absolute favourite is Real Road Racing - Isle of Man TT, North West 200 etc. Those guys are the bravest on the planet bar none I think.

Snap - Very few races I see on TV really get me into it but seeing proper road racing (i.e. over 180 MPH 3 wide on a country road on crazy fast machines then braking down to about 40 for an urban section) really gets me going
1.BTCC
2.V8 super cars
3.WTCC
4.DTM - I wish Motors coverage was better, they should take some notes from the Ausi V8s
I like NASCAR and DTM very much, coz its close racing. f1 got bit boring last couple of years.
Quote from Stefani24 :I like NASCAR and DTM very much, coz its close racing. f1 got bit boring last couple of years.

You have to admit that the DTM race today was more boring than most F1 races in the last years, though.
Pretty much anything, mainly F1, NASCAR and ALMS.
D1GP/Formula D

Favorite type of racing.
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG