The online racing simulator
[Release] New crash/wind/gravel sounds!
Hello again!

This time it is the release of some new in-game sounds. Here are some preview clips:
http://lfs.cyxian.nl/newsound1.avi (4 MB)
http://lfs.cyxian.nl/newsound2.avi (5 MB)

These new sounds make LFS seem more realistic then it already is! Now you can feel the pressure of the wind pushing on your virtual helmet! Crashes never sounded so real! You would almost want to...

This version contains:
- New road surface sound
- New hard crash sample
- New soft crash sound
- New off-road sounds (grass, gravel and dirt)
- New wind sound

The road and wind sounds are basicly the original samples, but modified. The other sounds are based on new samples.

That means that I excluded the skidding sounds. This is because the default skidding sounds aren't bad at all, and modifying them doesn't add much.

Known bugs:
- It may happen that you will hear a loud crash sound when you hit a tyrestack at low speed.

Installation:
1. DO NOT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR OLD SOUND FILES!
2. Unzip to the *\Live For speed S2\data\sound\ folder.
3. Have fun and drive safe!

Enjoy!
Attached files
new_sounds_by_darkone_v0.9.zip - 1 MB - 5262 views
+1 for the release but when you post something like this please add a preview =]
l33t.
Keep up the amazing work
Quote from MOSTWANTEDM3 :+1 for the release but when you post something like this please add a preview =]

He did. He added two. And I don't think he added them after your post because there is no last edited comment.

They actually sound pretty good - much better than most modded skid sounds. I'll give them a try and see how I fair.
Quote from MOSTWANTEDM3 :+1 for the release but when you post something like this please add a preview =]

He did add preview :P

Good work
Thanks, these do sound much better
Had a quick go at South City. No gravel or grass sound though, blame the industrialed city!

Clicky!
Nice, thanks for the extra preview RM
Oh also there's no colision sound but I never crash!
Crash on perpous!!! :P Go to FE Rally and test the crash/wind/gravel sounds

Possibly make a video for us of you drifting and racing rally style in the gravel hitting AI's and with high wind. And don't forget to flip it!

:P
These sound really good

especially from a 1st person view..

is this the 1st ever lfs sound mod?
Quote from squad_e :These sound really good

Negative, there was another skid sound mod. I believe it was by XCNuse but not sure.
tyvm, Darkone
Quote from squad_e :These sound really good

i made one

///
great great scrape sounds!!! im going to replace it with my defaults
i cant wait for skid sounds Darkone55
(althought i think u've given too much muffing to the sounds, not nessesery, since you can edit muffing factor via shift+a )
Quote from evilpimp :Negative, there was another skid sound mod. I believe it was by XCNuse but not sure.

There is also one made by DaveWS which I have currently used since Patch V (and will probably never replace it). There is a link to it on his signature.
Thank you, love it.

Btw, the tyre sounds you had there, do you share them`?
hey Darkone55, i think the sounds sound great. If i may give you my opinion, i think the skid dirt and grass need to be a bit higher volume. The surrounding effect is awesome though, seems like holophonic. Great job

Ah and i don't know if its just me but i can dinstiguish too much the loop on the skid sand, so i let the original.
I posted it to LFSEstonia forum and many of them love the sounds.
Thanks for the reply's!

Quote from LiveForBoobs :hey Darkone55, i think the sounds sound great. If i may give you my opinion, i think the skid dirt and grass need to be a bit higher volume. The surrounding effect is awesome though, seems like holophonic. Great job

Hah, that's great! I'll look have a look at the volumes. If I can improve it, I will. I love that holophonic stuff. For anyone interested:
http://media.putfile.com/Virtual-Barbershop (listen on headphones)

Quote from LiveForBoobs :
Ah and i don't know if its just me but i can dinstiguish too much the loop on the skid sand, so i let the original.

That's a good point, I noticed that today aswell. I'll try to make it a bit better.

Quote from Karl Morytz :
(althought i think u've given too much muffing to the sounds, not nessesery, since you can edit muffing factor via shift+a )

Isn't this only for the sounds of the cars itself? As far as I can see, there's only a volume slider for the skid sounds (which include the other sounds like dirt and crashing). That slider is on 0.9 here btw.

Quote from Kristjan.J :Thank you, love it.

Btw, the tyre sounds you had there, do you share them`?

I'm not sure yet. I wanted to release them separately, but I don't know if I like them enough. Also, they're pretty much the default sounds, just modified. If I want to make new skid sounds I would like to start with a totally new sound.
Very nice sounds
hey darkone. excellent scrape sounds ! i have my own skid sounds so i use them but im sure yours are good too but i love the collision sound. much better than default, ive been trying to find a good replacement for the scrape noise for ages because it does get quite annoying after a while. cheers !
NICE WORK
Great job
Good sounds. Thank you.
Can't wait for the reworked skid

Quote from Darkone55 :Isn't this only for the sounds of the cars itself? As far as I can see, there's only a volume slider for the skid sounds (which include the other sounds like dirt and crashing). That slider is on 0.9 here btw.

Cockpit muffing affects all sounds from the exterior, its like you opening and closing the windows. The more muffing the more closed the windows are, the less exterior sounds you hear.

[Release] New crash/wind/gravel sounds!
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG