The online racing simulator
Custom vehicle models
(59 posts, started )
Quote :I found an old classic game I used to love when I was younger. Zelda - Ocarina of time. That game isnt about graphics and eye candy, Its a fun adventure game, I had so much fun playing it. Much better then games of today. The storyline in that game, Is really long aswell. Quite suprising when you think how old it is...

I think at the time people were quite impressed with the graphics of Zelda (perhaps this was the first move into 3D for the Zelda series). Games have always been about graphics and 'eye candy' as much as anything else. I know it's hard to accept, but that's life.
Yeah, i understand. Nobody really knows whether it works the way i guessed or the way you guessed it.

Any way to get an official reply whether it's even possible to do in lfs? Otherwise we're just beating a dead horse.
#53 - wien
Of course it's possible. Anything's possible given enough development time. The question is is it worth it for something that doesn't affect gameplay at all, and which for a lot of players will be completely worthless?

I just don't see why the actual 3D model of the car is something you'd need to modify. Putting a Ferrari model over the top of an XRT won't make it anything other than an XRT. It's still the same car. It just seems like pointless bling that has potential to get real silly real fast once people start abusing it. I don't think it fits with a game that tries to come off as a realistic simulator. This is arcade racer territory.
Finally, a beautiful reply. You make a good point. The only question is 'how much development time?' if it's already implementable, why not?

Otherwise, this just got shot down and can be added to the list of shot down suggestions.
Quote from mxpxun :thats maybe because those games where made in old times when graphics where very ugly and everybody was happy about that , but in thees days nobody is playing game like zelda because of it poor graphics (2d, lots of squares and no cool effects).

I finished it again (zelda 1 - NES) 1 year ago and it still an awsome game.
OT:Why noone mentioned Enthusia (PS2)???
damn this game is awesome, its like a LFS on console!!!
it has very well done physics (you can search movies that compare enthusia driving with real driving) and the game has one movie too.
The intro is... interesting. dont worry bout it (!!!!).

get your DFP on your PS2 and the Enthusia Proffesional Racing disc inside. That is one of the coolest experiences ever! (not near LFS but....)

The AI is one of the best. it knowws youre there, tries to avoid collisions in most cases, and tries to overtake you too.

The game has a Point system tha, you lose points by cutting the grass, hitting walls or other cars. that way forces you to KEEP DISTANCE from these things. (if your points reach 0 you are disqualified).

no i dont work for Konami (wich produced the game)

Justa heads up. when i bought this one, i had forgotten GT4 for sure.

Just a fact: ive been noticing that when a game simulates real physics of cars, if you try to dorifto in it and it dorifts, it has a good physics engine. well i think it proves my point

later! /OT

On Topic: well the final answer os obviouslly... no.
does *bling bling* separates the kids from the men?
EDIT: damn Off topic i posted
Quote from Calvinaquino :OT:Why noone mensioned Enthusia (PS2)???

And you think PS2-game is nostalgic enough to mentioned in this (off-)topic..?
#58 - aoun
Ive finished Zelda, nearly all the games (the ones i know of) and have been playing them when i got a game boy as a little kid. Ive loved and finished all of them on game boy/color/forgot the last one or whatever, n64 and snes. The graphics are poor, but the best game I've ever played in my life. I want a Nintendo wii + ds just for Zelda, stuff GT5 on PS3! :P

Graphics in games means something, weather you can hack it or not. But in a simulation or something like LFS, who gives a shit.
Well, I still reckon some games on the C64 have great graphics, like Way of the Exploding Fist or the first Impossible Mission. There are different standards by which to judge, and I'm the first to admit that newer doesn't automatically equal better, because sometimes it doesn't, sometimes 16 colours and tiny resolutions is all you need. It depends on what you're doing.

My point about Zelda though was that the graphics there actually changed the way people played the game, and how at the time people were really impressed by that. By today's standards, those graphics might be regarded as being poor, but back then they were regarded as a breakthrough (impossible until n64), it was like watching Zelda (and Mario) step into a whole new dimension. It didn't mean that the Zelda games before that were bad, it just meant that some prior game design limitations (typical top down or side scrolling conventions of the past) had been removed.

Custom vehicle models
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG