The online racing simulator
Grid - Official Topic
(155 posts, started )
Have to say, I'm actually taking a bit of a shine to this game. I don't play many arcade racers (apart from some Trackmania) but that muscle car track is addicting as hell. I'm almost serious about going out to blow some cash on an arcade controller- it's that tempting.

The sounds are great- along with the realistic smashes they lend the game a realism that just wouldn't be there otherwise- nice little touches all over the place. FPS is silky smooth, it's neat seeing so much happening on screen at once at such a fluid frame rate- for a demo it's already very well optimised.

Anyway, I know lots of you guys have bagged it, but for for an arcade racer I'm finding it hard to complain. It's quite visceral stuff, and lots of fun when you begin to forgive its shortcomings.
OMG, I just tried the demo... strangely enough it runs much better than CMR dirt on my PC, but the physics... man... GTA3 is a sim comparing to this
I only liked the drifting because it was FUN not real but fun
it kinda feels like the cars on a ball point, its weird, could be that i was using a controller but i dunno..
Well, I tried it. Graphics are really crazy on max graphics and resolution (Yes, my new computer can take that WEEEE).

Now the physics... Well. it doesn't feel right at all. I can come into a corner practicly as fast as I want (Maybe just tap the brakes) and turn and ill make it almost for sure (This is without the driving aids on top of that). Other then that, the FFB and Vibration is really great. I love it. And the flying parts and cracked windshields really make it look good. And somehow that replay always makes me look like im a pro. Really brilliant stuff.

(I only tried the Touring car)
how are the physics? better then TRD3? (still can't find the Fking CD ). Is there a demo anywhere?
Quote from bbman :You tell me that is anywhere close to what you see with your eyes and I recommend you to go to an eye doctor... no, make that an eye surgeon...

Hey i said the graphics look great, in fact, i take that back. I think they look really great. But i never said they looked real.
I find the physics pretty bad. My bro says they're pretty good. Now he drives and I don't and he says that it's just that I got used to LFS too much and that's why the rest just doesn't feel right.
He also says that only the LFS fans say that it has the greatest physics ask fans from other games.
I think LFS physics are the best but meh. The GRID physics feel completly different and as I said theres a bit TOO much grip there but its still possible to slide the thing or to spin out while racing. If you go on the sand you lose A LOT of time and same with grass so that's imo pretty realistic. The crash modeling is simply amazing. Just try and you'll see there are demo's available on gamershell and others just google it. :P
I gave it a try. My computer aint fast enough, was lagging like hell!

Going to uninstall it now.
driving the car is more realistic in Toca race driver 3, but damage, graphics and all those object physics (smash into tyrewall etc.) are much better in GRiD.

I say once more, this game offcourse has kind of similar drivingto DiRT, because GrId uses Dirt motor, but advanced one. You really cant expect it to be sim or even TRD 3 driving... Everyone go get a good gamepad (like xbox 360 type controller, with triggers and sticks).
Well im sure at some stage they claim the best handaling pysics what ever but seriously if you look past that im sure you'll find a fun game.
Here's a reply I got back from correcting someone saying it's a sim:

Quote from ubernub on another forum :Its not gone arcade way. In real life a car would be like that. Plus thats only 1 type of racing, the finished one could be different

I saw TheVeryEnd online yesterday.

After getting used to the driving, it feels quite enjoyable.
Quote from evilpimp :I find the physics pretty bad. My bro says they're pretty good. Now he drives and I don't and he says that it's just that I got used to LFS too much and that's why the rest just doesn't feel right.

Well I got used to LFS too much, but still managed to play GTR2, rFactor, Toca Race Driver 2, and 3, Test Drive Unlimited, Flatout and even NFS Pro Street... and you know... I can't get used to Grid's physics (I TRIED TO DO IT FOR A FCKNG HOUR)

so, that brings us to a logical conclusion that even if you are used to good physics, you can play mediocre racing games, but when the physics is shite, it's just shite... (just like CMR DIRT and GRID)

Quote from AstroBoy :Well im sure at some stage they claim the best handaling pysics what ever but seriously if you look past that im sure you'll find a fun game.

ehm... great graphics combined with poor physics is like walking towards a naked supermodel with both your legs broken...
I can see the fun of a naked supermodel, but I can't look past the broken legs factor
Race Driver Grid released!
christ it looks even worse when playing
Quote :Originally Posted by AstroBoy
Well im sure at some stage they claim the best handaling pysics what ever but seriously if you look past that im sure you'll find a fun game.

It's a shame the driving physics aren't up to par with even some of the latest console titles (I haven't played them, only heard they're decent enough), because Codemasters have obviously spent quite a lot of time and effort on other stuff. So yeah, it's sort of a waste, but as far as I know they never set out to make a sim, and don't seem to be claiming that anywhere.
When i was trying the demo it was laggin as Hell,
But i changed the options a minibit (graphic)
and now it drives nice
Quote from Electrik Kar :So yeah, it's sort of a waste, but as far as I know they never set out to make a sim, and don't seem to be claiming that anywhere.

well, IIRC CMR, CMR2 and CMR4 had decent physics (not realistic, but good enough to enjoy the gameplay) aswell as did Toca RD, Toca RD2 and Toca RD3
I lost interest the moment they got rid of the BTCC and the ability to compete in a full season. Anytime you got enough points you were forced into a new season in bigger cars. I liked the storyline idea, but they are just doing a simbin and using the same flawed engine for all their games to save money and time.
Quote from evilpimp :He also says that only the LFS fans say that it has the greatest physics ask fans from other games.

That's quite logical. only rFactor fans would say it has the best physics, nkPro, Gran Turismo, etc etc etc
I don't think being too used to LFS would make you crap at the game, because I can still roast my mates on Gran Turismo then jump onto PGR and do the same, then into Forza and Forza 2. Then I can go on GTL and win races, going into a public LFS race afterwards and winning there too. Give me 10 minutes and I am certain I can beat the AI on Grid too, but I hated it so much that it would actually be painful for me to do that, just like when I decided to master Rfactor and Netkar.
played it for 5 min and it sux big time , i even installed other drivers other wise it wasent able to display it .

its just a stupid game, compare to the other versions of race driver it sux big time. it is just some child work

first complain u cant drive it with a wheel , because u dont feel anything.

when u drive with keyboard and you a steering with your arrows.
he is turning the wheel in 1 sec at max so you turn from left to right and you just have no grig because u a steering max.

i just think thatthe game is made for a playstasion3 and just chanced for the pc and xbox.

well i nearly know it for sure, because most of the files in the data folder is called, .pssg . sounds a bit like playstation or not....

so a nr. for the game , 1.5 out of 10,

just because the made it and not because there is one good thing

Grid - Official Topic
(155 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG