The online racing simulator
3D glasses liquidation sale $10 each
(15 posts, started )
I haven't tried these, but for $10 instead of $100 you can't go wrong. Be careful to read the article. They work only on CRT monitors and need an NVidia card.

http://xforce3d.com/
you cant really go wrong for that price but keep in mind that for those to work properly without flicker your monitor has to be able to do at least 150hz refresh rates (simply whatever you prefer times two) at the resolution youd like to use
LOL the two things most people don't have.

CRT Monitor (TFT FTW)
NVIDIA Card (ATi FTW)
i'd be scared of going on demo servers lol.
#5 - mr_x
Quote from shaun463 :LOL the two things most people don't have.

NVIDIA Card (ATi FTW)

I think you're wrong there.

Most people I know have an nvidia card and wouldn't touch ATI cards.
However I think the split between the 2 sales wise overall is 50:50.

If only I could afford some space for a CRT monitor

CRT Monitor (TFT FTW)
NVIDIA Card (ATi FTW)

Wrong. If you did a bit of market research you'd find that Nvidia are far more popular than ATI, they sell far more cards and many belive Nvidia to be far more advanced.

Very serious gamers still use CRT monitors, to get the perfect response time.
Quote from mr_x :

Most people I know have an nvidia card and wouldn't touch ATI cards.

Never ever had problems with Nvidia cards, unlike Ati, so yeah, I'll never touch it again
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Never ever had problems with Nvidia cards, unlike Ati, so yeah, I'll never touch it again

+1

I have only ever owned 2 ATi cards, and while somedays, they were running sweet as a nut, others, they were giving me non stop problems. I do love nvidia too bits. Only thing i like better about ATi is how it does AA. Providing you have a ATi card that can handle it, it can do AA better than most nvidia's.
#9 - ajp71
Quote from mcintyrej :

Response time of the cheapest (TN) TFTs is now really no longer an issue. Better TFT panels have slower response times but TBH they're not that bad. The thing CRTs offer is colour reproduction.
response time is not just about colour switching times but also about the number of frames the display can draw... 60hz is very limiting and afaik most of the best players use extremely low resolutions to get into the 150hz range and no vsync
Quote from Shotglass :response time is not just about colour switching times but also about the number of frames the display can draw... 60hz is very limiting and afaik most of the best players use extremely low resolutions to get into the 150hz range and no vsync

I always thought it just ran at half the refresh rate. So 60Hz would give you 30fps max. I didn't know there were CRT's that went to 150
#13 - Woz
Quote from mcintyrej :Wrong. If you did a bit of market research you'd find that Nvidia are far more popular than ATI, they sell far more cards and many belive Nvidia to be far more advanced.

I use a 21" crt for games. The trouble with LCD is unless you are at native rez it is just blur city. A good CRT is just a better picture.

Shame my Lappy has ATI solution otherwise would have ordered.

I have been playing Trackmania in Anaglyph mode recently (Red/Blue specs 3d) and it works well.

CRT Monitor (TFT FTW)
NVIDIA Card (ATi FTW)

Nah, I have a fooking big 21" CRT Monitor (don't even try to guess the weight of it, one hell of a nightmare when going to LANs) and Nvidia card.

THO, Before Nvidia I have had only ATis and I actually thought Nvidias are more stable. But now when I have Nvidia I miss ATi's (Omega) way much better drivers and tools/programs and wayy much better AA & AF and actually they were much more stable, at least for me. Didn't ever freeze or get BSOD, with Nvidia I have had few of them. Oh may I add Nvidia's control panel just sucks. The one weird thing is that with old ATi X800Pro I got LFS look way much better and with greater FPS, wouldn't happen with modern games tho. Proud 8600GT owner.

I was thinking about getting those 3D glasses too, but I didn't. Kinda useless and probably could make a bad headache faster. Or maybe the main reason was that their cost would get doubled with dispatching costs, so I didn't mind ordering one...
Give it a few years and we'll get OLEDs that are reliable and cheap enough that we can get proper 1680x1050 screens small enough to fit in some 3D glasses with head-tracking.

(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG