The online racing simulator
Custom vehicle models
(59 posts, started )
Quote from mxpxun :i dont agree, because if u make a game with poor graphics, nobody will play it because it looks ugly.

If you make a game with great graphics and non-existant gameplay, nobody will play it because it is boring.
Quote from zeugnimod :If you make a game with great graphics and non-existant gameplay, nobody will play it because it is boring.

both things are very important then
Quote from mxpxun :both things are very important then

How come Zelda was so popular game? The graphics weren't that good, even for NES...

Edit: And what about Tetris and Ping-Pong? Graphics? pffft.
Quote from Gekkibi :How come Zelda was so popular game? The graphics weren't that good, even for NES...

Edit: And what about Tetris and Ping-Pong? Graphics? pffft.

thats maybe because those games where made in old times when graphics where very ugly and everybody was happy about that , but in thees days nobody is playing game like zelda because of it poor graphics (2d, lots of squares and no cool effects).
Quote from mxpxun :but in thees days nobody is playing game like zelda

That's not true.
Quote from zeugnimod :That's not true.

O.k. some strange persons who likes to remember old times when everybody was playing zelda on nes.
Quote from mxpxun :O.k. some strange persons who likes to remember old times when everybody was playing zelda on nes.

And what's so strange about that?

Just accept that there are people who play games because they really like them and not because everybody plays them and they are the most modern.
I would still keep playing LFS, even if the max resolution would be 620-pixels and with 256 colours. It would probably be better with "crappy graphics", because then there wouldn't be drifters and wreckers.

Have you forgotten the main reason of LFS: Realism? Graphics > Realism...?

PS. I still play UFO: Enemy Unknown time to time because it is the best UFO-game ever made. True, Aftermath, Aftershock and Afterlight looks better, but: PFFFFT!
Quote from Gekkibi :I would still keep playing LFS, even if the max resolution would be 620-pixels and with 256 colours. It would probably be better with "crappy graphics", because then there wouldn't be drifters and wreckers.

Have you forgotten the main reason of LFS: Realism? Graphics > Realism...?

PS. I still play UFO: Enemy Unknown time to time because it is the best UFO-game ever made. True, Aftermath, Aftershock and Afterlight looks better, but: PFFFFT!

well i don´t know if 256 colors only wouldn't hurt your eyes, but anyway, graphics also matter in realism. i really would like to see you race this type of 3d game with the lowest resolution it can bear, a short range of colors and all graphics options at their lowest settings. play it for some time and then come tell us the results. some headaches, to say the least of them.
also with some good graphics (not like that crysis thing graphics, just enough for you to say "now this remembers me real life") you can immerse into the game more easily.
Quote from jonny__27 :well i don´t know if 256 colors only wouldn't hurt your eyes, but anyway, graphics also matter in realism. i really would like to see you race this type of 3d game with the lowest resolution it can bear, a short range of colors and all graphics options at their lowest settings. play it for some time and then come tell us the results. some headaches, to say the least of them.
also with some good graphics (not like that crysis thing graphics, just enough for you to say "now this remembers me real life") you can immerse into the game more easily.

How come I didn't had any headache problems when I played games like Stunts and Need For Speed (1)?
Quote from mxpxun :thats maybe because those games where made in old times when graphics where very ugly and everybody was happy about that , but in thees days nobody is playing game like zelda because of it poor graphics (2d, lots of squares and no cool effects).

Generally is still a sweet as game and certainly doesn't have any eyecandy to speak of.

Problem with today's kids is it's all bling bling bling. When I was a kid, games had playability instead... something severely lacking in most modern titles.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Generally is still a sweet as game and certainly doesn't have any eyecandy to speak of.

Problem with today's kids is it's all bling bling bling. When I was a kid, games had playability instead... something severely lacking in most modern titles.

Regards,

Ian

+1

I found out a few weeks back, About a Nintendo 64 emulator on the pc. I was looking around, And I found an old classic game I used to love when I was younger. Zelda - Ocarina of time. That game isnt about graphics and eye candy, Its a fun adventure game, I had so much fun playing it. Much better then games of today. The storyline in that game, Is really long aswell. Quite suprising when you think how old it is...
Quote from mcgas001 :And I found an old classic game I used to love when I was younger. Zelda - Ocarina of time. That game isnt about graphics and eye candy, Its a fun adventure game, I had so much fun playing it. Much better then games of today.

:lovies3d: Great game. Majora's Mask, too. Actually all Zelda games.
Quote from zeugnimod ::lovies3d: Great game. Majora's Mask, too. Actually all Zelda games.

http://www.pj64-emu.com/

Go download that, its a totally free open source N64 emulator. Install it. Then send me a PM. I'll upload the Zelda ROM for you.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Thx very much for the offer but I actually have a Nintendo 64 and the game myself so I can play the "original".

But thx for the offer anyway.
Quote from zeugnimod :Thx very much for the offer but I actually have a Nintendo 64 and the game myself so I can play the "original".

But thx for the offer anyway.

Damn you. I miss mine now...
I also still have the best console ever, SNES, to make you even more jealous.
Quote from zeugnimod :I also still have the best console ever, SNES, to make you even more jealous.

I only have an old PS2, but I have only a few games for it. They're boring, so I use it to watch DVDs ( That's why I don't wanna have a DVD player)
I have the only true gaming computer ever built: C64!

Suck on that!
I still have an Amiga A500+ here, although my A1200 and ~8,000 disks were scrapped when my ex moved

Also still have my Sinclair Spectrum 48k (with rubber keys!) and some old tapes with games.

And to top that off, I also still have my old Sam Coupé (that hardly anyone has ever heard of)

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :I still have an Amiga A500+ here, although my A1200 and ~8,000 disks were scrapped when my ex moved

And to top that off, I also still have my old Sam Coupé (that hardly anyone has ever heard of)

Oh ya, I also have Amiga500. One of my favorite games for Amiga500 was Stunts. It had incredible damage physics.

And what about that other machinery... Looking by the picture, I think one of my friend owns/owned one. He programmed it to maintain optimal sauna-temperature and humidity. Or was it VIC-20? Don't remember any more...
The thread got derailed to hell.

This thread was about giving the people to make the game more the way they like it. It's not going to waste anyone's time to apply such an option, it's not like i asked scawen to model me a car, i'll do that myself.

If you guys prefer to limit yourself because you're afraid of bad models (which i remind you, nobody forces you to download), then you can just forget about my suggestion.
#48 - dev
Quote from BullHorn :The thread got derailed to hell.

This thread was about giving the people to make the game more the way they like it. It's not going to waste anyone's time to apply such an option, it's not like i asked scawen to model me a car, i'll do that myself.

If you guys prefer to limit yourself because you're afraid of bad models (which i remind you, nobody forces you to download), then you can just forget about my suggestion.

Did you even read any replies you got in this thread? How am I "not forced to download" if different models change gameplay (physics calculations) in the game?
Part of my idea included not changing gameplay. I guess lfs was coded differently. The way i see a vehicle model in a game is just a shell for a person to look at, all the physics calculations stay exactly as they were for the original car.

Well, that's the way it would've been if i made lfs.

Just forget it.
Quote from BullHorn :Part of my idea included not changing gameplay. I guess lfs was coded differently. The way i see a vehicle model in a game is just a shell for a person to look at, all the physics calculations stay exactly as they were for the original car.

Well, that's the way it would've been if i made lfs.

Just forget it.

Yes, it happens when modding the GTA series, for instance. The car model and its specs are separeted. but remember there a car's behaviour can change because of the difference on the distance between axles, even if you don't change its performance (the handling.cfg file), and i believe the same would happen in lfs.

Custom vehicle models
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG