The online racing simulator
server problems//
(7 posts, started )
server problems//
Hey guys i try making my own server, and when i click "ok" to load the map i get a message that says TCP SOCKET: BIND FAILED

can someone help me? this my first time makking a server and have no clue what that means.

thanks
Quote from monkeejr1 :Hey guys i try making my own server, and when i click "ok" to load the map i get a message that says TCP SOCKET: BIND FAILED

can someone help me? this my first time makking a server and have no clue what that means.

thanks

You did not forward the ports. May i ask if you are using a router?
yeh im using a router, it works now but my friends cant see my server
Quote from monkeejr1 :Hey guys i try making my own server, and when i click "ok" to load the map i get a message that says TCP SOCKET: BIND FAILED

Odds are you set the /ip parameter with an IP which is not present on your machine. This setting is for machines with multiple IP addresses only and you shouldn't use it if you're not familiar with the point of it.

May I suggest looking at this thread for more information? Much of it is orientated around using a dedicated server, but there is a brief paragraph at the top which explains which sections to look at for any type of server.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9572
help please
hi guys when i start a new host when people try to connect it says"client connect: connection failed" please help me
Guide: Running a LFS Server. Hint. If you have a router read the bit on port forwarding. Also check the firewall bits. The guide is orientated around dedi servers, but those are the import bits for both dedicated and non-dedicated.

Also try not to post in massive font. It's considered bad etiquette and doesn't mean someone is more likely to answer your question.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Also try not to post in massive font. It's considered bad etiquette and doesn't mean someone is more likely to answer your question.

Give him a break, Hes 7.

server problems//
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG