The online racing simulator
Preview pic of 'wtf im nameless' racing cockpit
My goals for my racing cockpit were as follows:

1) Arcade-ish looks from the outside.

2) Real car feeling inside without being fully enclosed.

3) As immersive as possible without motion (pet and kid safe)

4) Properly placed good sounding 5.1 audio.

5) Triple Monitor Display.

6) Place to keep keyboard - mouse - drinks - other.

Heres some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sJQKGLblho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HWe8u6pwvw

Here is a pic:

:jawdrop: -> :bowdown:
Your name should be "wtf i have an awesome cockpit", if it can fit...
The only problem I see is the shifter because it looks like a black jellyfish.
Quote from Scatter ::jawdrop: -> :bowdown:
Your name should be "wtf i have an awesome cockpit", if it can fit...
The only problem I see is the shifter because it looks like a black jellyfish.

Yeah - for now it doesnt look great, neither does the e-brake... im getting a real momo wheel, shifter, e-brake cover and pedals in the next couple weeks.. once all that comes in you will no longer see the bottom of the shifter (modified g25).. it should look like a normal 5-speed manual car shifter. I'm also gonna put a real deck in there for some tunes while driving.
#4 - Tisza
WoW! This cockpit owns!!!:smileyrai:eclipsee_
#5 - jmkz
more pics!
OMFG, thats just GREAT!!!
Nice cockpit! What game is that? Gran Turismo Prologue on pc?
thats a pretty intense cockpit.
Holy shit! What kind of dashboard is that?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Holy shit! What kind of dashboard is that?

Thats a VW Bora/Jetta of previous gen dash if I'm correct

Great cocpit indeed
Ive been playing a lot of GT5 prologue on PS3... After playing rFactor and LFS I thought I would hate GT5 but im quite surprised at how polished it is. I have PS3, Xbox 360 and my gaming PC all hooked up in my cockpit so I can pretty much play whatever. It's very very comfortable to just grab the controller and play some 360 for extended sessions... For games that don't support triple screens you'll be able to watch tv on one, have your PC on the other and game in the middle.

Regarding the dash, yes it is from an MK IV Jetta/Golf. I picked this dash because I own a MKIV Golf GTI as my daily driver and wanted similar dimensions and seating position. All measurements are acurate, floor to seat height, distance and placement and angle of pedals. Angle and placement of steering wheel as well as fully functional car e-brake that even works on GT5P.

Thank you for all the great comments and feedback. It was a lot of work and it feels good to hear all that great feedback.

Regards,

wtf im nameless
Bravo.
#13 - Dru
I only see 2 pedals - where is the third?

Nice rig btw
Quote from Dru :I only see 2 pedals - where is the third?

Nice rig btw

You can't see that, but that's there.
looks a nice cockpit mate, i like the idea of using a car dash, but i dont think the inside from a range rover classic or an early discovery would look right lol
Quote from Dru :I only see 2 pedals - where is the third?

Nice rig btw

lol's - yeah the third pedal is down there for sure.. you just can't see it at that angle
1 word WOW ill swap you for a dust molecule PLEASE!!!
thats outrageous effort.
#20 - MR_B
Ooo I see the 3rd pedal! He's all shy, hiding down there.

I like how the PS3's sitting on top of the xbox symbolic?
Quote from MR_B :Ooo I see the 3rd pedal! He's all shy, hiding down there.

I like how the PS3's sitting on top of the xbox symbolic?

It's because the PS3 is curved on top but the Xbox 360 is flat... I'm going to be making a shelf over the monitors for my amp, 360, ps3, lan switch and cable box. I literaly had to put the 360 on a towel because the sub pounds so hard it locks up the 360.
You need to set up heating and air conditioning.
Nice cockpit!Let me guess, Logitech z5500?
Yes - it's the z5500 speaker system.

I was debating about hooking up the AC/Heater... It is a lot of work to make both actually work.. like, too much work. Fans hooked into the vents that come on when you turn the heater knob is do-able though...

We'll see though, i'll be working on a shelf for the gaming systems, finishing the paint, moving the gear shifter a little lower and covering it with a real car.. Decals.. and getting my new racing seat - momo wheel, pedals, ebrake and shifter... once that's all done I have to get my gauges working then i can start to worry about heating/cooling lol
#25 - JEP
WOW!
That look's amizing, have fun with that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG