The online racing simulator
Lfs Movies Pit
(506 posts, started )
I downloaded it about 15 minutes ago, works fine for me.
TITLE: drift
SIZE: 8 MB

pure crap....
Quote from kamo2000 :TITLE: drift
SIZE: 8 MB

pure crap....

What a description
Man i dont think thats something nice to do..
soo i can't say what i think about movie i added?... i think it's pure crap and nothing can change it..if u guys want i can add movies without my opinion np.
No - keep with the opinions!!! Please. It's the only way I know what to bother downloading, and you're usually pretty accurate
Exactly. :iagree: Whats the point of not writing what you think? Imagine this, the video is pure crap and the description is, the best movie of the month or something like that. Ok you think its great, youre downloadingit, (200mb) then you watch it for 3 minutes and say thats pure crap.
And what about respect of somebody's hard work ?
Ok, nevermind...
Quote from kamo2000 :soo i can't say what i think about movie i added?... i think it's pure crap and nothing can change it..if u guys want i can add movies without my opinion np.

I think its important to have your opinion at it, im just asking for you to be a little more professional, if you didnt liked, ok, you just dont need to say like that "Pure crap!", you work hard to keep moviespit running, nice, some people just started at video editing, and if that look like pure crap for you, what it is actualy i know, may took hours for the guy who did it, and was a hard work..

What about, "Content is not good and editing is rookie" or something like that.. its just a sugestion, ive seen some people mad about some of your comments, wishing you to deeply burn in hell,i wouldnt want to make future enemies...
If they don't want harsh comments then they a) don't have to release the 'movie' til it's better or b) don't upload it to MoviesPit.

But there are a lot of crap movies uploaded, and some of them are a lot worse than "Content is not good and editing is rookie". Pure crap is about right imo.
Kamo, please say your opinion!

Maybe rate them on the scale 1-10 as well.
1 - 10 scale would do the trick
If you include the negative 1-10 range as well I think if you ppl known about making movies, it'd be nice for newbies to get a few hints among being sledgehammered with critique

You are nevertheless, doing a wonderful job of hosting these vids for us.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :You are nevertheless, doing a wonderful job of hosting these vids for us.

You mean Kamo or me ?
You (either in plural or singular, aimed at either both of you or either one of you, depending which is more correct)
:d
well maybe i was to harsh..but it's the way i am..when i think it's crap i say it..this sometimes is wrong..i try to be more gentle..sry..scale 1/10 is a good idea...next movie is coming:

TITLE: Jibber goes racing
SIZE: 21 MB

that's 2nd movie recorded by hand camera i guess..but it's a nice movie..
6/10
hi kamo, just wanted to say sorry for uploading precision without packing it before. never looked into the official lfs forum so that i didn´t know how to upload it correctly
For the 3rd time some moron deleted my instructions from ftp...i don;t care anymore....don't ask me later why your file dissapeared.

TITLE: Bosse
SIZE: 57 MB

5/10 i don't like drifitng vids..
Quote from kamo2000 :For the 3rd time some moron deleted my instructions from ftp...i don;t care anymore....don't ask me later why your file dissapeared.

I second that
TITLE: Streetfighter Introduction Video
SIZE: 62 MB

3/10 download only if u must...i didn't liked it.
TITLE: Battle hard!
SIZE: 158 MB

3/10 no soundtrack. sound wasn't even synchronized with the movie..at least for me...and sry for delay.

authors note:

Quote :
-----------------------------
Author: Jamie Atkinson
LFS username: hardcoreobscure
Racename: Jamie
Encoding: Xvid
-----------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------
This is my first video for LFS, sorry for huge file size
thats the best I could get with reasonable quality with Xvid
codec. When I get chance Ill make some more but I could do
with some better editing tools than Movie Maker which is crap!
--------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------
This Video is mostly me battling for position after a bad start.
I hoped to capture the fact that LFS is not allways about being
the fastest driver, but rather having fun battling in close races!
------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks - Jamie

btw im the old style Vectra BTC in the race (I love BTCC) :P

Quote from kamo2000 :TITLE: Battle hard!
SIZE: 158 MB

3/10 no soundtrack. sound wasn't even synchronized with the movie..at least for me...and sry for delay.

authors note:

So is it pure crap, or mostly crap, or worth watching
I also liked the crappyness-scale .

Vain
Quote from kamo2000 :well maybe i was to harsh..but it's the way i am..when i think it's crap i say it..this sometimes is wrong..i try to be more gentle..sry..scale 1/10 is a good idea...

Opinions are of course good and can "sometimes" be helpful. A 1-10 scale thing is ok, but it isn't descriptive, and it only shows what you think... And a description about the actual content is what most people want to see when downloading in general, and is also why I made the description "field" in the first place

In the post above about the Battle hard! movie I think is a very good example of a description, which I think speaks for itself and gives people a good indication of whether it's worth downloading or not. But on the download page I only see "3/10 movie"

And that's what bothers me a bit because often the description on the download page is much shorter and different than what I read in this thread, which sometimes give more info about the actual movie content Keep in mind not everyone reads this thread

It's great when people attach a description when uploading their movie, and I know only very few does it, but maybe it would be better if it was made into a rule instead... Making it easier for especially you Kamo, but also helps making the download page better and more informative

About the the deleted instructions issue, I've talked to IceAway and unfortunately it's seems to be a bit complicated than "just" changing permissions

Anyway, just throwing in some things here...

Lfs Movies Pit
(506 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG