The online racing simulator
Returning a Pay and Go phone?
(16 posts, started )
#1 - garph
I brought a u600 from the Carphone Warehouse and was wondering if I can return it for either a refund or exchange.

The phone works fine there are no faults but it is very slow and the screen is basically unviewable in day light, as well as a few other minor issues I have with it which I can live with but the screen is a fairly major issue.

I got it about a week ago and was wondering if I could take it back for a refund or exchange but I don't know if I can do this or not?
You could probobly get SOME money back for it, but i doubt it would be exactly what you paid for it.
#3 - wild
I'm sure the Carphone warehouse does a 1 Year Warranty with all new phones. No harm in trying. Take the receipt, box, phone etc.. to the shop and they may exchange it or give you a full refund.
Quote from wild :I'm sure the Carphone warehouse does a 1 Year Warranty with all new phones. No harm in trying. Take the receipt, box, phone etc.. to the shop and they may exchange it or give you a full refund.

I mean *Cough* yea.... what he said...
#5 - wild
are you talking about the samsung u600? my sister has one and she hates it. the top buttons are so sensitive that the phone starts calling someone and you won't notice it. and you have to do so many things to cancel the call...
these new phones have all stupid layouts. very nice features but almost unusable. do you remember the great times of the nokia 3310? well i think i must stay happy with my Sharp GX17.
#8 - wild
Quote from jonny__27 :are you talking about the samsung u600? my sister has one and she hates it. the top buttons are so sensitive that the phone starts calling someone and you won't notice it. and you have to do so many things to cancel the call...
these new phones have all stupid layouts. very nice features but almost unusable. do you remember the great times of the nokia 3310? well i think i must stay happy with my Sharp GX17.

Now now not all "new phones" have stupid layouts. I had a Samsung E900 very good phone. But sadly i managed to break the screen . I now have the Sony Erickson K800i and i must say it is very good
#9 - Jakg
K800i feels like a brick. Looks fairly swish though (although runs even nicer with the K810i firmware even if the top buttons don't light up).

Did you buy from a shop or over t'interweb?
I still like my Sony Ericsson V630i. It does everything a £100 phone does, has great speakers and it's got an amazing build quality. Mine even came with free portable speakers. I recommend it, as it is also cheap, but not tacky. My dad has that W880i, and my mum has a K810i and they both wish they got mine!

The phone: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cw ... bilephones/overview/v630i

The free speakers: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cw ... ew/mps-70?cc=gb&lc=en

BTW: It is actually horrible in white. May look nice in pictures, but it is bad in reality, plus the back of the black version looks like carbon fibre!

P.S: I found there is a new version: http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/mob ... ld-+-free-speaker-bundle/
I don't like the style, but that's my opinion.

You can still get the V630i on online stores, but it's up to you a) if you trust online stores and b) if you want the phone.

The whole of above is my opinion, and I am not getting paid for this. Hope it helps.
I'm still using a Sony Ericsson T230 and the battery last a week, even when it runs down it still has energy left to make a quick call, it does have a camera but it's not built in but it does the job for me, it's easy to control (not when wearing gloves though) and it has basic features that are nesscery, i need a new phone tho, because the speaker mine has started to rasp alot.
N95 does the job nicely, and didn't cost a penny either, just wish the battey lasted more than 2 days (with moderate/heavy use).

My brother in law got one of them phones, and they're useless IMO - the silly keypad may look cool but gets damn annoying to use, the screen as you say is useless, they're a bugger to type out a message on, and some of the interface software - for the camera and such, is rubbish.

You should have 28 days to unconditionally return most goods under the sale of goods act, although there are exceptions for some type of products, including some electronics. Best do your research before you walk into the shop and fire off on one.
I was able to take it back to the shop and get my money back, pretty simple really, I just said why I didn't like it and job done. Didn't really have to explain myself either, just asked if I could have a refund and that was it.

If anyone is thinking of getting the U600 I would say DON'T! The touch screen style call buttons were way too sensitive and I kept calling people when I didn't mean to, ending things I didn't want to and the touch sensitivity options didn't apply to them.

You also couldn't turn off the navigation tones (that only applied to the number keys) so you had to turn the volume right down to stop the constant and low quality noises to stop and the hiss noise got worse the more you moved around with out a break for the tone to end.

It was VERY slow compared to my K800i, especially in accessing the memory card, a good 3 or 4 seconds before folders opened, music (same goes when playing music, a long wait for the next track to load) or videos started and pictures loaded. All that with the k800i is basically instant.

The camera needed a lot of tweaking to get a good picture, if you leave it as it came everything is too dark, needed constant
tweaking to get a good picture and it was slow.

You couldn't select default location for contacts, sim or phone, unless you want a double of every name. You have move all to the phone then delete everything from the sim, not a good idea.

You couldn't use a tone and vibrate for messages, either tone only or vibrate only.

And the biggy, you couldn't see the screen in sun light at all.

Too be fair it did have a few good points, it looked great, the video camera recording quality was 10 times better than the k800, even though it did take ages to save or load up (but the picture quality was worse).

Glad I've gone back to my trusty k800i, it is a much better phone, even though it is a little big. Sony Ericsson do everything I want, think I'll stick with them next time.

Thanks for the advice all and sorry for the long post but I had to get it off my chest
#14 - Osco
Quote from piggy501 :I still like my Sony Ericsson V630i. It does everything a £100 phone does, has great speakers and it's got an amazing build quality. Mine even came with free portable speakers. I recommend it, as it is also cheap, but not tacky. My dad has that W880i, and my mum has a K810i and they both wish they got mine!

The phone: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cw ... bilephones/overview/v630i

The free speakers: http://www.sonyericsson.com/cw ... ew/mps-70?cc=gb&lc=en

BTW: It is actually horrible in white. May look nice in pictures, but it is bad in reality, plus the back of the black version looks like carbon fibre!

P.S: I found there is a new version: http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/mob ... ld-+-free-speaker-bundle/
I don't like the style, but that's my opinion.

You can still get the V630i on online stores, but it's up to you a) if you trust online stores and b) if you want the phone.

The whole of above is my opinion, and I am not getting paid for this. Hope it helps.

I have the same phone
still like it very much
my krazr went in the washer. motorola sent me a brand new one now that went in too. now im getting a Verizon G-Zone Type-S

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG