The online racing simulator
R.I.P Ayrton Senna and Roland Ratzenberger...
Today's the May 1st of 2008...it's a holiday for workers here at Portugal at least (dunno if this applies to anywhere in the world as I haven't got much knowledge of countries' customs), but 14 years ago, at the very same day, we lost one of the best drivers in the world if not the best...His name was Ayrton Senna...And the day before, we've also lost one very well known driver in Austria and in Europe, he was Roland Ratzenberger, unfortunately his death was overshadowed by Senna's...

And here I make this thread for the members of lfsforum.net to pay their condolences to these great drivers...

Mine are here...
It's still unbelievable 14 years later to realize that Ayrton is dead, not to say painful...
And Roland...what to say?...One of the best GT drivers in the world took the F1 challenge and was killed in his only 3rd entry...
I'm gonna miss you both :'(

My condolences to their family and friends,
Madeira's biggest Sennafan
Condolences :tombstone
#3 - _rod_
Indeed doesnt seem like its been 14yrs since both of them died. I still miss Senna on the tracks, i was and always will be a very big fan not only of the driver but also the person Senna was outside the tracks. I dont really got to know Roland, but its always sad to loose such a great driver (s)

My condolences to Family and friends! :tombstone :
R.I.P Ayrton & Roland. I miss you both very much .

My condolences to their families and friends.
Condolences:weeping:
Quote from Senninha25 :Today's the May 1st of 2008...it's a holiday for workers here at Portugal at least (dunno if this applies to anywhere in the world as I haven't got much knowledge of countries' customs),

Here too...

RIP Senna, a true driver.
Condolences

to the freinds and family

I think its big hole in motersport with him not araound
R.I.P Ratzenberger and Senna. Instead of focusing on the death, we should think about the great battles he participated in, and how hungry and desperate he could be for wins.
Condolences? In internet forums that's so stupid thing to say, especially regarding death that happened 14 years ago. Not like their relatives are reading this thread.

Same goes for any other celebrity who dies. Threads are full of "RIP" and so on. Imho it's just spam.

Of course you can go ahead and "spam" but I just wanted to say this.
Quote from deggis :Condolences? In internet forums that's so stupid thing to say, especially regarding death that happened 14 years ago. Not like the their relatives are reading this thread.

Same goes for any other celebrity who dies. Threads are full of "RIP" and so on. Imho it's just spam.

Same here, even if I feel sorry about what happened I don't go here and there saying RIP.
#11 - Dru
Quote from deggis :Condolences? In internet forums that's so stupid thing to say, especially regarding death that happened 14 years ago. Not like their relatives are reading this thread.

Of course you can go ahead and "spam" but I just wanted to say this.

+1

Otherwise - should we feel guilty that we missed the making of the RIP Jim Clark Thread who died 40 years ago last month
Quote from JO53PHS :Could nobody think of anything 'induvidual' to say?

Couldn't you think of anything "induvidual" to say?
Quote from zeugnimod :Couldn't you think of anything "induvidual" to say?

Couldn't YOU think of something "Induvidual" to say, instead of Copying and pasting my post
Unless he typed it out, carefully copying your mistake to make you look silly, only to then find you think he copied and pasted it, and ultimately making yourself look sillier than even he could have managed.

Edit: Check the two posts - they are not copy-pastes.
Quote from tristancliffe :Unless he typed it out, carefully copying your mistake to make you look silly, only to then find you think he copied and pasted it, and ultimately making yourself look sillier than even he could have managed.

Edit: Check the two posts - they are not copy-pastes.

Maybe he copied and pasted and then changed a few words

EDIT: Why the hell do I bother talking to tristancliffe, because I always end up looking like a complete n00b
Quote from Gabkicks :R.I.P Ratzenberger and Senna. Instead of focusing on the death, we should think about the great battles he participated in, and how hungry and desperate he could be for wins.

yeah, I forgot to put that in the 1st post here...
then I'll start with Senna in Monaco 1984...the start of his feud with Jean-Marie Balestre (I'm sorry to also post this disadvantage, but it has become an advantage in SUzuka 1990)

Other good memories about Ayrton Senna and Roland Ratzenberger can be posted here
Well, that just shows disrespect for the drivers that were killed doing what they loved...btw, we post our condolences to them because of the great memories they gave us...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG