The online racing simulator
Admin abuse 500 servers
(68 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Gil07 :Just out of curiosity, what are you on?

He's on the oval which might explain a lot...
i know from experiance that the oval can send you crazy after a while, and he does do alot of oval driving
@popps, the problem has been resolved and you will no longer get a large list of 500 Servers host. Sorry it troubled you.

@others, Thanks for your support .
The LFS team have made no guarantee over the content of the servers that are managed by third parties. Since this is the entirety of the LFS servers currently out there, I'm not entirely sure what you're after?

The situation was explained by the lack of config backups by 500 servers staff. If LFS server configuration backups are not explicitly covered under the contract that 500 servers customers enter, there are no grounds for 500 servers to make any backup. If this is the case, the issue can be said to be with the individual customers?

There is no invasion of privacy, there is no abuse, there is no guarantee or statement that there will be no advertisement of services on LFS servers, there is no abuse of "admin rights" (by this I assume moderation rights*) that I can see. Anyone who is a member, or not a member, of the LFS community is able to do this by spawning LFS servers. Were this to be anything other than a known server provider who has been known to have issues over the last few days, I could consider your point to have merit.

* Moderators are volunteers who are unpaid and have no control of anything within the LFS infrastructure outside of moderating the posts made in the LFS Forums. Moderators have no control over the master server, and generally have no knowledge of the LFS development procedures or planned features that the LFS general public are not already aware of.

Edit Damn you franky I've told you before, don't post at the same time as me, it makes me look like a cock
Quote from franky500 :there is a reason for the current list of servers called 500 Servers. The list is going down several times each day.

The servers are ALL servers of clients of 500 Servers. Recently there was an outage which meant many of my clients lost their server data. All the servers have now been re-installed for clients and by default were installed with the name 500 Servers so that they were at least running. The list of 500 Servers hosts will decrease as each individual client of 500 Servers changes their server settings and re-claims their server accordingly.

If it really is that big of a problem and they must be shut down, i will be happy to send you the server bills to do so in order to refund the actual clients of those servers that you demand be shut down.

Sounds reasonable for me popps. Just set the empty servers filter to "no", problem solved mate.

Quote from ajp71 :He's on the oval which might explain a lot...

rather not but your comment certainly does...
Quote from the_angry_angel :
Edit Damn you franky I've told you before, don't post at the same time as me, it makes me look like a cock

:uglyhamme
Quote from the_angry_angel :

don't need my help (stop stalking me!)
You started it
this is getting funnier by the minit lol
This guy is 50 years old? You would have thought that his years of experiance would have taught him to read user agreements before signing up to things like forums and computer games. 500servers have done nothing wrong, and the issue was explained by franky already, although you didn't read that post, I suspect you have now since you have not replied. You however broke the forum rules by insulting someone. I've seen some of the 13-16 year olds on this forum post more useful and mature threads than this.

There is a lesson to be learnt from this, age doesn't bring you intelligence, maturity or common sense. By the way I am a grumpy young person.
Funny thread.

Looking forward to the court case.
^^ Noob moderators :rolleyes:
#40 - Jakg
Quote from popps258 :Oh and PS ban my account and it will give me grounds for a lawsuit
and i have the legal right to voice my opinion.

No, you don't - if you believe this to be the case then i'll quite happily go on your forum and troll about everything because "you have the right to voice your opinion".

It doesn't work that way on the internet.
Quote from popps258 : to me that is abuse of his admin rights.

What? He's a mod of this forum - nothing more.
Quote from popps258 :I have just opened multiplayer and saw a huge list of 500 servers
Guys what is this crap?
That is admin abuse, there is no need to have so many 500 servers
and the owner is using this a profiteering and also abusing his admin rights
Correct Frankie??
But i will bet you will delete this post
stop this admin abuse you are making a mockery of lfs a spoilng the game.
there are more servers than players

What an arrogant ass

Our server was one of the ones affected, and I have changed the server cfg now.

But anyway, so what if Franky did have 50, 100, 1000 servers in LFS, who gives a crap, talk about whinging about something just for the sake of whinging, some people........
"I may be an idiot but one thing i am not sir and that is an idiot"

I think we can all reflect on Peter Griffins words of wisdom...

Yet another oxygen thief, you should be thanking the guys that pay for public servers not abusing them silly man..
-
(teedot) DELETED by teedot
Quote from popps258 :I have just opened multiplayer and saw a huge list of 500 servers
Guys what is this crap?
That is admin abuse, there is no need to have so many 500 servers
and the owner is using this a profiteering and also abusing his admin rights
Correct Frankie??
But i will bet you will delete this post
stop this admin abuse you are making a mockery of lfs a spoilng the game.
there are more servers than players

you might want to lay off the crack pipe a bit there ya doof
Zeugnimod, ajp, jakg... same yes-men and oval haters, different year...
first forum visit this year and still the same stuff.
Still Boring! Like lfs at all. I´m off again, see you next year.
#45 - Jakg
Show me a post that makes me a "yes man" or an "oval hater"?
He forgot to add forum whore....no wait that would be the only true one then
Quote from Jakg :Show me a post that makes me a "yes man" or an "oval hater"?

This makes you look a bit daft:

Quote from Jakg :No, you don't - if you believe this to be the case then i'll quite happily go on your forum and troll about everything because "you have the right to voice your opinion".

So we don't have a right to voice an opinion? I beg to differ... but whatever...
Quote from Crazy Harry :Zeugnimod, ajp, jakg... same yes-men and oval haters, different year...
first forum visit this year and still the same stuff.
Still Boring! Like lfs at all. I´m off again, see you next year.

Yeah, too bad, I didn't get closer to your incredibly high level of "life skill".

Did you even read the first post or are you blindly defending everything another member of your team says and does? Kinda reminds me of Redline.
#49 - Jakg
Quote from nihil :So we don't have a right to voice an opinion? I beg to differ... but whatever...

I can't remember the specifics but the Free Speech right does not apply on the internet.

You wouldn't expect to go into Tesco's and tell every customer that Asda sold xxx cheaper and them not to throw you out
Quote from zeugnimod :Yeah, too bad, I didn't get closer to your incredibly high level of "life skill".

Never mind!
Quote from zeugnimod :It is also strange that you are on a server racing right now ...

You know more then I (sometimes).
This thread is closed

Admin abuse 500 servers
(68 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG