The online racing simulator
I wonder where he 'learnt' to use huge snap understeer in the wet, and use the outside line to gain optimum grip????
Quote from RocksGt :Hungaroring 2006, Alonso just kiking over the wet track

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=F5C6Xy2SeVM

He almost overtake Schumacher by the outside, that was an incredible race

He did go round the outside later on in the end here (however...Schumacher was on the Bridgestone wets which were shockingly bad, so it's not a true indication by any means). Something slightly truer was Villeneuve going round the outside of Schumacher at Estorial a few years back...that was an impressive move.
Quote from amp88 :He did go round the outside later on in the end here (however...Schumacher was on the Bridgestone wets which were shockingly bad, so it's not a true indication by any means).

Yeah! that's true... anyway that few minutes are just nice to see, so Hungaroring can sometimes (I mean rain :tilt give nice moments
Quote from Intrepid :I wonder where he 'learnt' to use huge snap understeer in the wet, and use the outside line to gain optimum grip????

He explain that on an interview for the Spanish TV.

When he was young racing on karts almost every race were on wet (always raining at Asturias, north of Spain), and he got confortable with the wet track

It's nice to see how his line on the wet it's so different to the other drivers. He uses to make a longer straight braking line and then take the turn very closed understeering to get the wheel returning soon to the centre and on gas again

He said too that the optimum line on dry has much less grip when wet cause of the rubber
That's what I was implying ... some on here suggest karting just teaches kids how to use a throttle and brake.., Alonso uses his karting skills to destroy the whole of an F1 field

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gfjSHbYaNZ4
Yeah, because karting is in the only form of motorsport running in the rain... :rolleyes: :doh:
And none of the others did karting obviously :doh:
and he used the wheel like that in the dry too in his old renault days

Quote from thisnameistaken :The Hungarian GP is alright when it rains, but even when it doesn't at least they have the best looking girls at that race.

indeed... must be the air in hungary or something time for a vacation i reckon
sutil = the sux
vettel = unlucky
bourdais = coulthard jr?
alonso = inspired
alonso haters = crybabys
heidfeld = screwed
hamilton = didn't choke
massa = also didn't choke
De la rosa had an awesome race in 06, Button just seemed to leap from no where though(similar to the last race).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG