The online racing simulator
Quote from duke_toaster :The new aero rules and slicks should help everywhere, and that monstrosity of a circuit is locked in with a rather long contract, which will look silly when Alonsomania dies out.

That won't happen any time soon, trust me..
Quote from amp88 :It looked almost like the wheelnut flew off the left front. You could see it on the external shot but I didn't see it on the onboard. As the ITV commentary crew mentioned, the fact you could see through the tub of the car is very distressing.

You could see it in the kubica crash last year aswell, so it isnt just a mclaren thing.
Quote from Clownpaint :
Heiki's crash reminded me of Schumacher at Silverstone in 99, I was quite worried at the time but it sounds like he's alright. I find it hard to believe anyone can be alright after taking a "100G impact" though, as I think Blundell claimed.

Dennis said it was a 26G impact, given the speed at which it went not only off the road but into the tires he was very lucky to have such a light impact, had he hit anything harder we'd have seen something as bad as Kubica's crash.
Here is a pic of Kubica's crash. You can clearly see his feet sticking out. (What is pulling with his hand btw?)

Quote from ajp71 :Dennis said it was a 26G impact, given the speed at which it went not only off the road but into the tires he was very lucky to have such a light impact, had he hit anything harder we'd have seen something as bad as Kubica's crash.

IMO comparing Kubica's crash @ Canada and Heki's today is like comparing football to rugby.

Kubica's crash looked dangerous because of all the parts flying off, but in that there is a lot of energy dispensation and the cars is gradually scrubbing of speed. OK Kubica probably was suffering from an extreme case of Nausea and spinning room syndrome.

Heki's was potentially more dangerous because of the sudden stop and impact into the tyre wall, thankfully unlike Schumacher's in Silverstone 98(?) it looks like the wheels snapped clean of rather than the arms penetrating the cockpit. If he does not have a really big headache tomorrow morning then he's got lucky.
Quote from diablo21 :Here is a pic of Kubica's crash. You can clearly see his feet sticking out and how he is pulling something with his hand..?

apologies for the double post.....but

is he trying to pull the ejector seat, either that or he's phoning 'Direct Line' to see how much this is going to cost.
Seems unlikely but did the right grip of the steering-wheel break off in his hand?
The steering wheel looks broken, I think there is a part of it in his left hand too.
Nah, he's just pulling the emergency brake.
Nah. That is the cause of the accident. He was talking to his mobile while driving.
Button got that 6th from no were, i guess trulli stuffed the last stint up badly.

And it goes to show much better Webber is, when hes car can actually finish races!
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :IMO comparing Kubica's crash @ Canada and Heki's today is like comparing football to rugby.

Kubica got off very lightly because of the way the car never made a solid connection with the very hard wall he was going into, even the glancing blow was enough to rip the car apart and leave him traveling very fast and exposed, the car simply wasn't built to withstand that kind of a crash. Hekki's car stopped exactly like it was designed to do so from a considerably lower speed in a car length or so, the tires clearly took the impact like they were meant to and the various parts breaking off meant that the impact was absorbed over a distance of about a car length or so, the majority of Kubica's impact was absorbed by the car, not the wall, in the second impact, had the first impact been more solid contact he wouldn't be here.
For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's Burti's crash from Spa 2001.
Quote from Mustafur :Button got that 6th from no were, i guess trulli stuffed the last stint up badly.

And it goes to show much better Webber is, when hes car can actually finish races!

Toyota called Trulli in instead of Glock by mistake
Quote from amp88 :For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's Burti's crash from Spa 2001.

Just watched that scary accident again, and took a look one some other link, looks like he had more crashes in 2001, looks like pretty carefulness driver imo

anyways, apart from that crash, most boring race in a long long time...
Quote from Clownpaint :Heiki's crash reminded me of Schumacher at Silverstone in 99, I was quite worried at the time but it sounds like he's alright.

Or Olivier Panis in Montréal 1997:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=X2aC84_kWng
This is captured from an old VHS tape, so the quality is poor.

But he went 'under' the tyres at high speed and broke his two legs in this accident.
So yes, I was worried when I saw that Kovalainen went 'under' the tyres as well.
at first it reminded me of sennas crash
the way the car suddenly went straight at high speed
Kovalainen already left the hospital.
In addition to Kovalainen's crash, weird weekend...

First there were this flip in F.BMW support series in Barcelona:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9SM_80PMd4o

In the redneck series Dario Franchitti got t-boned and injured his leg:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=90_pDdvzS3Y

In Le Mans Series at Monza Jamie Campbell-Walter got airborne first and then crashed in similar way straight to the tyre barriers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnLBf6N3xPA

And that was like a sing for this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lNkySVNNpog

Ortelli suffered fractured ankle.
If anyone thinks this was boring, prepare for turkey last year it easily took the title for ''most boring race''.
Quote from Mustafur :If anyone thinks this was boring, prepare for turkey last year it easily took the title for ''most boring race''.

Your clearly too young to remember the Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungarori....

... sorry I feel asleep earlier whilst typing that.
Quote from Becky Rose :Your clearly too young to remember the Hungarian Grand Prix at the Hungarori....

... sorry I feel asleep earlier whilst typing that.

AFAIK there was a "race" here last year and there will be a GP this year too. But I agree with you, the Hungarian GP should be much more exciting to watch but they would have to build a new track for that .
The Hungarian GP is alright when it rains, but even when it doesn't at least they have the best looking girls at that race.
It says a lot about the nature of the Hungaroring that I can't remember that the damned place is still on the calendar.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG