The online racing simulator
Lepage wrecks half the field
(32 posts, started )
#2 - Gil07
/ban 999?
That really was an incredibly dumb and dangerous move. What a plonker.
Speechless, thats just...
Woah. Now that was the mother of all f-ups.
Damn, can't believe that to be honest. LMAO at the fact he tried to blame others also, dude always check the mirrors, if theres 30 odd cars doing 180mph behind you, merging up is NOT a good idea.

BTW out of interest, how is Franchitti being received by the NASCAR fans? Gutted that he'll be missing for a couple of weeks.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :
BTW out of interest, how is Franchitti being received by the NASCAR fans? Gutted that he'll be missing for a couple of weeks.

I'll be honest. NASCAR fans like Hornish better than Franchitti. But this is mainly because a good number of NASCAR fans are insecure about their own favorite racing discipline. Yes I said it and it's true.

There are those who welcome open wheel drivers like Franchitti and there are those who waited for their entire lives for a "foreign" driver to mess up in NASCAR and say "HA I TOLD YOU NASCAR ISN'T EASY IN YOUR FACE!!!"

These people are no better than the people who refuse to believe that racing ovals isn't as easy as it sounds.

but seriously, dont worry about it. Ignorant NASCAR fans are usually ignored despite them being the loudest of the NASCAR community. Just rest assured that if Franchitti does get into victory lane he likely wont be pelted with beer cars, because no matter what "hardcore" NASCAR fans will hate Gordon more

Personally, I like Franchitti but I'm a bit worried he might lose his ride.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Damn, can't believe that to be honest. LMAO at the fact he tried to blame others also, dude always check the mirrors, if theres 30 odd cars doing 180mph behind you, merging up is NOT a good idea.

It's funny how he said Edwards should get a new spotter when his own spotter told him not to merge when he did anyway...
Quote from lizardfolk :I'll be honest. NASCAR fans like Hornish better than Franchitti. But this is mainly because a good number of NASCAR fans are insecure about their own favorite racing discipline. Yes I said it and it's true.

There are those who welcome open wheel drivers like Franchitti and there are those who waited for their entire lives for a "foreign" driver to mess up in NASCAR and say "HA I TOLD YOU NASCAR ISN'T EASY IN YOUR FACE!!!"

These people are no better than the people who refuse to believe that racing ovals isn't as easy as it sounds.

but seriously, dont worry about it. Ignorant NASCAR fans are usually ignored despite them being the loudest of the NASCAR community. Just rest assured that if Franchitti does get into victory lane he likely wont be pelted with beer cars, because no matter what "hardcore" NASCAR fans will hate Gordon more

Personally, I like Franchitti but I'm a bit worried he might lose his ride.

Yeah pretty much thought that. To be fair he has struggled a lot more than Hornish but his results in the nationwide have been pretty decent, and his pace is starting to get better it's just a shame that he had that accident yesterday. The fella (Stremme) that they brought in to replace Dario did well, and was unlucky to be caught up in the wreck at the end, could have got a lot of valuuable points for the 40 car.

Anyway enjoyed the race today, despite the critisim of the new car, I thought it looked great and whats more a potential 'Big One' was somehow avoided. Roll on Richmond.
Franchitti has improved a lot in Nationwide. It's just a matter of time for him to roll into victory lane. In the Sprint, I personally think Hornish is doing better be cause he has a better car. Franchitti has proved from nationwide races that he also has great potential to do well. He just needs a bit more time and a better car.

I just wish Marcos Ambrose would get a chance at a reasonable ride for Sprint Cup.
Ya, that could have been avoided as well. But I still think the award for stupidest move goes to Lepage
Do they just let any old redneck with a driving license take part in Nascar or something? It looked like that 91 car was going twice as fast as the guys ahead of him, who saw the crash late. It was like a typical LFS style crash, someone just flooring it into a yellow flag zone. That guy needs to go watch Days of Thunder or something.
Quote from lizardfolk :"hardcore" NASCAR fans will hate Gordon more

It doesn't take a hardcore fan to hate Gordon.
Quote from MAGGOT : The Mother of all f-ups.

Couldnt agree more though.

It kinda was kinda avoidable but he came across after the line finished, though he could have actually looked and avoided it but in term he didnt do anything seriously wrong.
Oh, the commentators dont say anything like "he should have brake" or something like that, arent they allowed?
Wow, very stupid.

And Astro, if you watch the second video it says they were told that they had to go all the way till T2 before regaining the track. He went up in T1. So it was his fault.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Do they just let any old redneck with a driving license take part in Nascar or something? It looked like that 91 car was going twice as fast as the guys ahead of him, who saw the crash late. It was like a typical LFS style crash, someone just flooring it into a yellow flag zone. That guy needs to go watch Days of Thunder or something.

Gunselman was never a breaking guy . I still remember him from Sonoma when he was driving the 98 back in the Cup.

Quote from AstroBoy :Couldnt agree more though.

It kinda was kinda avoidable but he came across after the line finished, though he could have actually looked and avoided it but in term he didnt do anything seriously wrong.

Quote from evilpimp :Wow, very stupid.

And Astro, if you watch the second video it says they were told that they had to go all the way till T2 before regaining the track. He went up in T1. So it was his fault.

To add on to that on trackpass his spotter stated that there's a giant pack behind you and "dont merge yet". He apparently just ignored his spotter and merged anyway
dumb guy dumb guy.. im glad carl is ok.
#20 - SamH
Quote from lizardfolk :There are those who welcome open wheel drivers like Franchitti and there are those who waited for their entire lives for a "foreign" driver to mess up in NASCAR and say "HA I TOLD YOU NASCAR ISN'T EASY IN YOUR FACE!!!"

I agree with them. The "foreign" drivers should be encouraged to take NASCAR more seriously. They should definitely stop the foreign drivers drinking coffee and eating sandwiches during races.
Quote :Damn, can't believe that to be honest. LMAO at the fact he tried to blame others also, dude always check the mirrors, if theres 30 odd cars doing 180mph behind you, merging up is NOT a good idea.

Agreed, that was a REALLY stupid thing to do. However, it was even stupider for him to blame the rest of the pack when it was his fault. He wasn't going as fast as the other cars and then he just pulled into the middle instead of matching their speed and waiting for a gap.
There must be nearly, what, £200 worth of damage there! However, I have some leaf-springs, and some old side valves I could lend the teams if they want them, and could quite easily make Panhard rods to order.
vMax Alkanphel votes to ban Lepage [1/20]
pressed "1"

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG