The online racing simulator
Looking for MSG.EXE
(15 posts, started )
Looking for MSG.EXE
Hey all. As you may know, Vista Home (Basic and Premium) doesn't come with MSG.EXE, the replacement for Net Send in XP systems. However, I feel it's kind of necessary, and I need it for a couple of things...

Basically, could someone who's really nice and has Vista Ultimate/Business please get the MSG.EXE (C:/Windows/System32/MSG.EXE) and upload it? I've tried looking around teh internetz for it, but I haven't had any luck... It was quite pointless leaving it out of Home versions IMO, but that's MS for you

Cheers
#2 - arco
Here you go.
Attached files
msg.rar - 13.1 KB - 2249 views
Quote from arco :Here you go.

Thank you, much appreciated

EDIT: It isn't working for me, it's giving an error saying that it may not be the correct OS...have you 32 or 64 bit?
#4 - Lible
Guess they aren't that stupid.
I think it's for a 64 bit OS only...mine's 32 bit

Thanks anyway Could anybody really kind with a 32-bit Vista Ultimate/Business please upload their msg.exe
#6 - arco
Sorry, it was for 64-bit system. Here's the one for 32-bit.
Attached files
msg32.rar - 11.8 KB - 1230 views
Thanks a million, works now :lovies3d:
-
(YukiPat) DELETED by the_angry_angel
Quote from YukiPat :...

Nice bump

Anyways, i happened to try this yesterday since i was bored as hell. There is no way to use just cmd for sending messages thru lan. It was removed in Vista since it was not secure. People should/must use some other net send program. I happened to try "Net Send GUI", but both sides must have this and opened/working.

I googled about that and this is what i found out in microsoft forums, written my microsoft network manager or some guy.
i tried this in windows 7 64-bit and it gave an error message of {Message(): LoadString failed, Error 15105, (0x00003B01)}. Could anyone upload the one for windows 7 64-bit or give a link to it.
Quote from fman23 :i tried this in windows 7 64-bit and it gave an error message of {Message(): LoadString failed, Error 15105, (0x00003B01)}. Could anyone upload the one for windows 7 64-bit or give a link to it.

how about google?
i tried that with many different search terms but found nothing that worked
Thanks, but sent only sends messages to winsent, windows messenger service, and winpopup. None of those are on windows 7, and I dont want to have to install winsent on all of the computers. I just wanted the msg.exe that comes with windows 7 business 64-bit. Im downloading the retail version of windows 7 ultimate right now, and i will extract the program after it finishes and publish it here.
I found them, but i still get {Message(): LoadString failed, Error 15105, (0x00003B01)}.
Attached files
msg64.zip - 13.6 KB - 773 views
msg32.zip - 12.5 KB - 503 views

Looking for MSG.EXE
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG