The online racing simulator
Quote from bdshan :finally got the MPR small enough to upload.

There's not really an easy way to assign blame here. There's no single scapegoat. Once again it was our old friend the accordion effect, and you were the unfortunate victim.

The #15 left a slightly large gap to the car ahead coming to the green, then sped up to catch up. He then slowed down when he caught that car. The #26, behind him, also slowed down. The #16 behind him did not slow quickly enough and hit the #26. Both cars spun, and the #30 was collected by the #13 who also braked but not fast enough. This sent the #30 flying over the #14 who was well ahead, on his side, and through the barrier.

If there is one person most at fault, I would have to say it's the #16 driver, but really most everyone involved had a hand in it, either through action or (mostly inaction).

I have to judge this as a racing incident (though a very large one), similar to the restart mess at BL1.

I can only hope that drivers learn their lessons over time, give proper room, and maintain SC speed. It's the slowing down and speeding up that ultimately causes these accidents.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :There's not really an easy way to assign blame here. There's no single scapegoat. Once again it was our old friend the accordion effect, and you were the unfortunate victim.

The #15 left a slightly large gap to the car ahead coming to the green, then sped up to catch up. He then slowed down when he caught that car. The #26, behind him, also slowed down. The #16 behind him did not slow quickly enough and hit the #26. Both cars spun, and the #30 was collected by the #13 who also braked but not fast enough. This sent the #30 flying over the #14 who was well ahead, on his side, and through the barrier.

If there is one person most at fault, I would have to say it's the #16 driver, but really most everyone involved had a hand in it, either through action or (mostly inaction).

I have to judge this as a racing incident (though a very large one), similar to the restart mess at BL1.

I can only hope that drivers learn their lessons over time, give proper room, and maintain SC speed. It's the slowing down and speeding up that ultimately causes these accidents.

I'll let this die, but the rules state:
Quote :
2.5) A driver who spins during a SC period must rejoin the field at the end of the line. Any such incident will be investigated by the marshals. If the spin was not self-inflicted, it will result in a SG penalty for the offending car once racing resumes.

Somebody caused the spins.
Lol. they're never going to learn their lesson, because it goes unpunished and the 30 car becomes the victim.

But i see what you're saying.

MPR edit isn't working for the replay of the 14 hitting the 02 under SC.
Quote from srdsprinter :MPR edit isn't working for the replay of the 14 hitting the 02 under SC.

I'll go see if I can dig it up from another replay.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :There's not really an easy way to assign blame here. There's no single scapegoat. Once again it was our old friend the accordion effect, and you were the unfortunate victim.

I don't see what your saying other than you admins can't make a freaking fair decision. THIS WAS A DAMN SC PERIOD! We should have been ALLOWED to rejoin. Goddamn this has gotten old and I feel I'm done fukin around with this mess. 4Hr race take a bit more prep and practise and I don't like feeling like it is a waist due to poor decisions by others in charge.

Thank you for the effort but it's just not enough.
Quote from nmanley :I don't see what your saying other than you admins can't make a freaking fair decision. THIS WAS A DAMN SC PERIOD! We should have been ALLOWED to rejoin. Goddamn this has gotten old and I feel I'm done fukin around with this mess. 4Hr race take a bit more prep and practise and I don't like feeling like it is a waist due to poor decisions by others in charge.

Thank you for the effort but it's just not enough.

Tell me, then... who do you think should be penalized for this, and why?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Tell me, then... who do you think should be penalized for this, and why?

Well it for damn sure should NOT be the 30 car. What the hell is wrong with you guys telling the (MY) driver to spectate rather than rejoin. I mean GODDAMN that's some Shit there buddy.

We're screwed out of two weeks work cause of that crap. The hell with this stuff. I'm DONE with it. The 30 car will have a new team manager cause I'm freaking done.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'll go see if I can dig it up from another replay.

Though you didn't spin around from the contact, it was unnecessary regardless, and the #14 passed you and didn't give the position back. DT for #14 for rough driving & passing under yellow.
Quote from nmanley :Well it for damn sure should NOT be the 30 car. What the hell is wrong with you guys telling the (MY) driver to spectate rather than rejoin. I mean GODDAMN that's some Shit there buddy.

We're screwed out of two weeks work cause of that crap. The hell with this stuff. I'm DONE with it. The 30 car will have a new team manager cause I'm freaking done.

The rule as it stands is "If you flip, your race is over," not "if you flip, your race is over unless..."

We can't change the rules mid-race. It's a very unfortunate circumstance for your team and I'm sorry that it happened, but things like this happen in real life racing, too.
-
(niall09) DELETED by DeadWolfBones : Out of line.
Why was nr25 told to spectate?
We felt that your car's standard of driving was generally poor. There was a similar issue with #18.

We'll be getting to you post-race with a rundown of our concerns.

Sorry, but we did it in the best interest of the other cars on-track.

Thanks.
so I get driven off track by two cars which I give plenty of room for, then when crawling back to pit, being 2 turns or so away You feel I should be black flagged.

Im not happy with that judgement.
Quote from Dan Josefsen :so I get driven off track by two cars which I give plenty of room for, then when crawling back to pit, being 2 turns or so away You feel I should be black flagged.

Im not happy with that judgement.

This was with regard to the driving in your car throughout the event, not just one incident.
Lap 148 - Car behind 07 F.Sonne rammed our car, causing a spin-off. We went from 5. to 9. position.
Quote from MZWiZard :Lap 148 - Car behind 07 F.Sonne rammed our car, causing a spin-off. We went from 5. to 9. position.

#07 ran into the back of the #22, who bobbled a bit in the chicane. #22 spun and the #07 slowed a bit due to teh contact. The #29, following, ran into the back of the #07 with nowhere to go.

Racing incident, no penalty.
Lap 166 i think. R.Bessa brake tested me on the start finish line.
Lots of that going on, not very happy about it tbh.
Quote from niall09 :Lap 166 i think. R.Bessa brake tested me on the start finish line.

See the replay please...
Quote from Bessa74 :See the replay please...

Why did you brake suddenly when I was in your slipstream so?
Quote from niall09 :Why did you brake suddenly when I was in your slipstream so?

I have a car in my left, you att my back, i give you the race line, but you prefer to pass me by the rigt side, you have no room to pass me by that side and i just want to warn your that i was gonna to brake early to let you pass.
Unfortunely you was too close and we colide
Pls see the replay and tell me want do you thing that hapened
Btw, good race
#46 - SamH
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Need you to post a mpredited replay once Sam's stint is done.

There was simply no accomodation for my car being on the track at all. I don't think it was malicious, just poor. No victim here.
Quote from BenjiMC :
Penalties:
#16 Dynamic Racing: Spun #03 Adaptive Racing at start, gets SG penalty.

This incident cost my team a whole race and only an SG given? I expect you to do something more in order to avoid such incident from happening again in the future, probably from the same driver/team...
Quote from [GR]Evolution :This incident cost my team a whole race and only an SG given? I expect you to do something more in order to avoid such incident from happening again in the future, probably from the same driver/team...

Agree here, the severity of the pentalty could have been increased about 10 fold, and still been too little.

Fortunately for you guys though, the incident did not in fact cost you the race.

Cars weaving and speeding through the first SC period did in fact cost team #30 the race, as they got the shaft end of the stick when a wreck occured.

Driving like idiots under caution is plaguing this series, if you can't drive in proximity to others without crashing, get the hell off the track.

-------------------------

On lap 179 (leaders lap), the leader bumped the 02 off the track going into turn 1. The 02 was gaining rapidly on the 14th place car, and the 19 had over a lap advantage on the field.

It's understood it was a simple mistake, not malicious, but please do take care to leave room, especially when the lapped car is completely yielding the position.

-------------------------------

All others aside, I had a lot of fun today. Very fun track, good conditions, and it was great to see everyone interact with a lot more respect than I'm used to.

My hat is off to TDRT, who really put in some good clean racing there at the end.

----------------------------------

The Admin/Programmers/Marshalls did a very nice job, despite the challenges bestowed upon them. I believe the $SC bind worked as intended and may have helped out a lot.

The series learns and grows from every event, I believe this one is no different.

-----------------------------------------------

We've dealt with it time and time again. Kids not being in control of their cars under caution. This time it took a team out of the race, and it's bullshit. Right or wrong, people drop a lot of time and energy in this series. To compete, and to have fun. Now, we've lost at least one teamate, because, rightfully-so, he's not going to drop hours of his weekend, and time from his family, because some kids are too immature to handle this.

This series is built upon the basis of simulating real endurance racing under the LFS framework. Look at this not as a sim, but as a real incident. Several races in a row have had huge shammozles under SC, now it has claimed its first DNF.

Now is the time, I implore the admin staff, to take a long look at the behavior under the safety car and to take strong action both in rules and judgement. The current rules in combination with the maturity of some of the current drives Does Not Work.

A team was retired from the race because of 'drivers' unable to decently space themselves under caution. Imagine it was your team, and after a month of preperation, your day was done.

The Issues of drivers not behaving under the SC is a Daunting problem. After seeing the series evolve to this point, I am confident that a true resolution will be formed and implemeted moving forwards. Let's work together to make this right.

Thanks to all for racing,
|||Stu
S3Racing
Quote from nmanley :Well it for damn sure should NOT be the 30 car. What the hell is wrong with you guys telling the (MY) driver to spectate rather than rejoin. I mean GODDAMN that's some Shit there buddy.

Think I'm happy about losing 7/8 minutes due to lapped traffic bumping me off the road and they get a stop & go? Relative slap on the wrist. But, rules are rules. Hell, they even finished in front of us and essentially robbed of us a hard fought podium, just grinds salt into the wound.
Quote from rcpilot :Think I'm happy about losing 7/8 minutes due to lapped traffic bumping me off the road and they get a stop & go? Relative slap on the wrist. But, rules are rules. Hell, they even finished in front of us and essentially robbed of us a hard fought podium, just grinds salt into the wound.

1) You got to continue.

2) Your incident was under Green Flag Racing, not the safety of the Safety Car

3) Those responsible for the crash aren't being dealt with, at least there was some retribution for your incident.

4) There are "rules" in place about what will happen to drivers who are too immature to drive safely under caution, but untill they are sat out for a race or two, justice is not served.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG