The online racing simulator
Is this how people behave right now?
(22 posts, started )
today we had sunshine around here, after some rainy days. a great oportunity to grab my bike and ride a few km, to keep me fit

i enjoyed every minute of it, as i did 20km from here to the beach, but when i was coming back, i heard someone calling me. i turned my head and there was a black Seat Ibiza by my side, with 2 guys in it. at that moment i was suprised and lost my focus when the passenger just tried to spit on me, then speeding away.

Luckily his aim wasn't that great, but the rest of the trip i was just thinking about this, because it wasn't a 11 or 12 year old kid, it was someone around the 20s.

i don't understand how can someone do this and just don't respect others...
#2 - Gil07
He probably found it hilarious

Did he have a riced-up car? If yes, the "azeiteiro" image is complete
Quote from Gil07 :He probably found it hilarious

no, it wasn't. but black new ibiza's are very close to it, so...

edit: if you never saw an ibiza, it's this one, but it was in black

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wi ... biza_FR_silver_vl_EMS.jpg

and that kids, is how you save materials when building a car, use only half of the plastic for the bumper. the big 'holes' are pretty cool these days, don't you think?
Portugese Pikeys. Surprised they didn't stop and try nick your bike wheels before driving off and aiming their phlegm in your direction.

Seems that people do anything for kicks these days.
Unfortunately, yes, that´s the way people behave
I'm not saying you're one of these people. But on the other hand I do get frustrated often by bikers. Maybe you did something you didn't notice or something. Still, they don't need to do stuff like that.

Like recently I saw a biker going fast around a roundabout, I have right of way there, but he didn't stop. So I sounded my horn and he just flicked me the finger.. If I had hit him he'd probably never lift his finger again.
Quote from sgt.flippy :I'm not saying you're one of these people. But on the other hand I do get frustrated often by bikers. Maybe you did something you didn't notice or something. Still, they don't need to do stuff like that.

Like recently I saw a biker going fast around a roundabout, I have right of way there, but he didn't stop. So I sounded my horn and he just flicked me the finger.. If I had hit him he'd probably never lift his finger again.

no, i'm sure i didn't do anything wrong. but maybe it was because i did something right. around 100m back, i stopped in a red traffic light, here bikers must also respect them.

and btw, looks like the laws are different, because here, if you are about to enter a roundabout, everyone already driving around it have right of way, even bikers.
Quote from jonny__27 :and btw, looks like the laws are different, because also here, if you are about to enter a roundabout, everyone already driving around it have right of way, even bikers.

We have two types of roundabouts:
1. roundabouts with the bike path inside the roundabout, so as a part of it.
2. roundabouts with the bike path outside of it.

In case 1 the biker would have right of way, but in case 2, they don't.

I'm about to go study traffic technology or whatever I should call it, so I got my basics pretty right
Quote from sgt.flippy :We have two types of roundabouts:
1. roundabouts with the bike path inside the roundabout, so as a part of it.
2. roundabouts with the bike path outside of it.

In case 1 the biker would have right of way, but in case 2, they don't.

I'm about to go study traffic technology or whatever I should call it, so I got my basics pretty right

here we don't have roundabouts with a bike path in it. at least i never saw one. even from my driving lessons (a few weeks back) i don't remember hearing about anything like it.
There aren't even bike paths in most of Portugal...
You should have thrown them a hammer, but through the windshield... What a pity you didn't have one. I hate these idiots...
Quote from Gil07 :There aren't even bike paths in most of Portugal...

there are some. i even used one of them today, in Ovar (around 15Km from where i live) going from the city center to the beach i went, and btw there is a roundabout somewhere in the middle of it. ok, what happens: reaching that roundabout, the bike path ends, and you must take the road to go through the same roundabout. after it, the bike path starts again.

it's this (please ignore my crappy paint skills :razz
Attached images
12345.JPG
That's like the bike paths in Ireland. What almost every biker does is just merge with road traffic, and enter the roundabout normally, unless it's a particularly fast/dangerous roundabout...then just dismount and walk along the foot path
Quote from jonny__27 :there are some. i even used one of them today, in Ovar (around 15Km from where i live) going from the city center to the beach i went, and btw there is a roundabout somewhere in the middle of it. ok, what happens: reaching that roundabout, the bike path ends, and you must take the road to go through the same roundabout. after it, the bike path starts again.

it's this (please ignore my crappy paint skills :razz

Most of those bike paths seem to be located near the coast, I haven't heard of any of them more to the interior...
#17 - VoiD
Quote from jonny__27 :...around 100m back, i stopped in a red traffic light, here bikers must also respect them.

Speaking as a biker: You´re wrong Sir. They should respect them!

Speaking as a driver: Gimme a shot-gun!
Well.. typical.

I often drive on a main road, have a car drive up from the side road and give me a nice long horn for not stopping and respecting teh car drivers.
Quote from jonny__27 :there was a black Seat Ibiza by my side, with 2 guys in it. at that moment i was suprised and lost my focus when the passenger just tried to spit on me, then speeding away.

Luckily his aim wasn't that great, but the rest of the trip i was just thinking about this, because it wasn't a 11 or 12 year old kid, it was someone around the 20s.

i don't understand how can someone do this and just don't respect others...

I was going to say "Welcome to England" , then i realised where you are.
It's the same the world over then I'm afraid. Ignorant morons everywhere.
Quote from Gil07 :He probably found it hilarious

how do you know that word?... i'm surprised :o

ontopic: some people were born in a disrespectfull environment, thats what they know and what they do.
It really angers me how kids behave now.
On Friday I was walking back to school after some lunch and 3 guys were throwing ice cubes at a guy mowing grass. Then, some dipstick threw his whole drink down at the guy. I felt like throwing my drink at those kids but I knew I'd start a fight so I didn't do it.
Even the 8th graders are a bunch of dipsticks. It puts shame on the kids who don't do jack-assed things or who don't deserve it.

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG