The online racing simulator
LFS Review.
(69 posts, started )
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :Especially the name Nick Heidfeld.... which team provided the F1 Car officially in LFS and said that LFS is one of the most realistic race sims out there? Was it BMW or am i wrong?

What are you talking about? LFS (neither rFactor) having BMW F1s has nothing do with the BMW F1 team. LFS got it thanks to Intel Racing Tour and rFactor thanks to BMW Pit Lane Park (which is just for promotion/amusement use, not driver training). Altough LFS was clearly seen with some motion sim platform in one of BMW F1 team's commercials. Kubica and Heidfeld were driving it... but using it in a commercial is totally not the same thing as using it for real training. There was a thread about this commercial couple of weeks back.

Altough that Shamrock did list Lewis Hamilton too... I'd like to see proof of that, hard to think McLaren spent millions in their super duper top secret in-house simulator just to see Lewis using a video game that costs few dozen bucks
#53 - wien
Quote from AndroidXP :http://www.xkcd.com/386/

Heh, I meant to link to that.

And yeah I understand you all mean well. It's just that I doubt anyone would really take this guy and his "review" seriously anyway. It's quite obvious he's a muppet to anyone with half a brain, so stirring up the good ol' my-sim-of-choice feud does more harm than good I think.

Ah bollocks. Just ignore me. Bad day.
#55 - aoun
I've just realised something about his claim to have "mastered" the cars. Correct me if I'm wrong but in his review, (and subsequent replies) he says

a) he couldn't get on line to play multiplayer.
b) there was no FBM
c) he only drove the RWD car in the car park

Right?

Which means the only thing he was able to race against would have been the AIs using the XFG.

So he thinks that because he was able to start lapping the AIs in an XFG in 12 laps he had mastered the game??

I don't need to express an opinion about that do I??
The only problem with that post was the title; it's use of the word 'review'.

The word review to many implies an evaluation from some authority/professional/resepcted entity, and conclusively allows the reader to use it's content to arrive at a decision.

One would expect the author to be objecive, constructive, analytical, methodical and professional in his/her approach of a project to be published.

If Mr Sham had just stated initially that it is his opinion, then fine. Although later in his replies, that's what he does.

I was interested before I read that post, and was myself rather annoyed come the end. All because I was expecting a review, not some half-baked opinion.
Tygerwoody in that thread is my hero
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Tygerwoody in that thread is my hero

Yea, Tygerwoody is pretty studly. At least I think so

P.S. This is Tygerwoody. Roadhog linked me the thread. Hi all.
Quote from Sarlaiel_G :Yea, Tygerwoody is pretty studly. At least I think so

P.S. This is Tygerwoody. Roadhog linked me the thread. Hi all.

Hi Tiger!

Greetings from Fubarstan!
Theres no sence to hammer on a guy who has only NFS and rF as realistic driving sims therefor being ill-informed to compare to LFS. Pointless. He apparently needs to stick to the multi-million dollar budgeted gold tooth "simulators" as he doesn't have a clue to the difference.
Yep, after he said 'Demo' I knew that was coming.

You can't review a game based on its demo. watch when he'll change his mind when he played S2. But this REALLY made me laugh:

Quote :It says it's a full version, locked.

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

:bananadea
Damn i got angry when i read that post..
"I've seen NFS cars with better physics."
wtf? this man is a joke. Lets go and kick his ass
"comical but true. At least in NFS, I can slide AND spin it around in grass."
OMG!
#64 - halo
Quote from riptideist :....Oh and your left foot is ABS, and your right foot is TC, your mouth must then be burnet by you ignited bannana d*ck, wich you probably chew on every evening, dreaming of some hot mod for rFactor wich you will PWN so hard.

Just had to quote this
||
||
\ /
#66 - halo
Perfect signature ^
That guy might have failed epically at his so called review, but some of you guys aren't doing the LFS community's reputation any favour either. Beat/pwn/ridicule him as much as he deserves, but do it while maintaining a certain attitude please.
my favorite part.

Re: Live For Speed (Review)
You people who say rFactor is like a skating rink, and nothing comes close. I say YOU CAN'T drive!!! This is "suppose" to be a simulator, not an arcade game like NFS. I guess it might be "fun" for some. But it sucks as a sim.

GPL
GTR
GTR2
rFactor
GP4
ALL of these smoke LFS as far as reality factor is concerned.

I have given MANY real drivers names, who helped developed mods for rF. If that isn't proof enough that it's better. I'd take there word over your's anyday, and twice on sunday.

LFS Review.
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG