The online racing simulator
LFS Review.
(69 posts, started )
LFS Review.
Someone please post any video of any one doing donuts in the XRG on that forum. The review is ridiculous because the driver seems to have only played ISI games, as well as no real driving experience on the limits of traction.
OMG Haha!! I am sig'ing some of that! He even thinks you get fern bay in the demo!!
And he says you can't play online in the demo. He's basing his entire review on two incidents (when he spun with the XFG and when he couldn't do donuts with the XRG). Rule # 1 for reviews: make sure you test the product fully before opening your mouth.
oh my, I am so tempted to register and reply, but I should work :/
The reviewer (and the crowd) are wrong on so many places, it's aweful. I wouldn't mind if he simply said he didn't like LfS, but not liking it for completely bollocks reasons (no donuts in the XRG? No multiplayer in Demo? Fernbay instead of Blackwood? double-you tea eff?) really makes shamrock look like a moron. Thank god he's from kentucky and not a real irishman, or else I'd bet that a certain easily offended irishman in here would complain ^^
Sheer comedy value.
As the task I have to do is delayed because of unforseen reasons, I posted a lengthy reply.
Keep on raping that poor ba*tard!
#9 - ZanZi
just couldnt hold down my self...

funny thing was that i touth he was around 9-10 ish... then went to check his profile and was stunned. 37 yo man saying so much crap. He can only be american prolly sclerosis is knocking on his door. i dont want to guess.
Assuming he gave the right date of birth on registration...

EDIT: on a sidenote, your not actually helping our cause.
That guy gives away his, dumbassness, when he says that rFactor (think it was) has more tracks and so it's better, kinda shows he really shouldn't be writing reviews for any game. Also not finding the mulitplayer bit is also a worrying sign.

Like someone said in a reply, I have no problem that he doesn't like it but it would help if he got his facts right (there were so many errors) and at least had enough brains to find certain game functions.

All the replying in the world isn't going to change his mind or make any difference, except correcting the errors I guess.
Does anyone know how ha managed to slide a car without any form of correction for 1000 yards (based on the fact he saw a 300m board)? Or how he couldn't donut the XRG, especially as the most common complaint is too much oversteer and a tendency to donut at the slightest provocation. And how did he not find the name of the track, the other demo car, or the multiplayer option.

I suppose we have to respect his opinions (why?), because some people won't like LFS regardless of everything. But I would question his ability to perform reviews of any product based on that.

Besides, we don't need his type in this community. There are enough stupid people already
uh? i could have wrote a whole novel about the physics flaws but whats the point to talk to some one that dont know a thing about it?
a racing simulator review from a man who managed to fail to do a doughnut... I'd rather see a yeti presenting top gear....
Quote from ZanZi :uh? i could have wrote a whole novel about the physics flaws but whats the point to talk to some one that dont know a thing about it?

Nothing personal, your reply (Fr34k?) just reads somehow hastily written, which seems unfitting to portray our superiority over the lesser sim racers of ISI-products.

But I know you are good at heart
Just tried to lower the level of complication to what he could understand
Quote from ZanZi :uh? i could have wrote a whole novel about the physics flaws but whats the point to talk to some one that dont know a thing about it?

I think that would have been better. Now your reply wasn't too far off his rant, and like Coleus said, not helping anyone.
ah, now I understand. Still, I rather have my enemies confused and humiliated. Isn't there a saying like: "don't let an idiot drag you down to his level! he's more used to it and will beat you downright!"
Please discuss in more detail. I think I, and several others on this forum, are more than up to the task of discussing the physics are a relatively fundamental level, and some of us have race experience in similar cars to LFS's for comparison, not to mention a wide spread of road cars from Focus RSs, MX-5s, Evos, C6s and Caterhams. Some of us are qualified engineers, mathematicians or physicists, and some of us have experience as racing instructors on two and four wheels. I'm not entirely sure 'some one that dont know a thing about it' is a fair statement considering the above.

Do not for one moment think we can't keep up nor understand your points.

I look forward to more detail. Thanks.
I walk away from that review a happy man knowing that he will never pollute our online servers.
That was A proper reply there Jibber!
They need a "here come the fanboys" smiley
That guy makes me sad, I´m worried about him. Do you think he is enjoying his life?
I actually had to stop reading the posts after a few because the lack of facts was actually making me angry.
I'll accept that sometimes you miss details, but that entire article is flawed from the very start. He definitely fails as a journalist, because there's no neutrality in there. He's obviously an ISI fanboy.
Can someone who has allready done the effort to register show him these two clips.
(Quick youtube search on lfs and donut gave lots of hits)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoX0d0E3Ym8 (XRT)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeqDoEqF5ZI (XRG)

And maybe also point out that the insane understeer he feels with both the XFG and XRG is because he is using full lock ,causing the fronts to exceed their slipangle and thus causing massive understeer. Especially with a stock setup (maybe point him to inferno for oversteery sets?)

LFS Review.
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG