The online racing simulator
PitBoard!
(24 posts, started )
PitBoard!
FINAL VERSION!
Finally, it is done with all features.
Changes from 1.5.0.0

Added several configuration options:
-Show Gap Button (for you weirdos that want a pitboard with no gap)
-Show Button Opponent Laptime.
-Show Opponent Name Button.
-Update Gap on crossing of Splits.
-Update Opponent Laptime on Crossing of Splits.

Added a way to save your options, so you dont have to re-do them all over again.
Added a auto load of options on program start.
Added a way to set the insim port from the program: it will add to your autoexec.lfs file in data\scripts the line "/insim=XXXXX", where xxxxx will be the port in the textbox. it SHOULD not do anything if the file already has that line, though. (for security).
Fixed ALL crashes. If it crashes, tell me.

Now with 80% more humor!

Changes from 1.1.0.0:
-Configurable button position: Can be on the top or the bottom of the screen.
-Added Lap and Split time display for opponents (can be turned off, defaults ON).
-Added Admin Pass auto-detection. NOTE: This only works IF and only IF you unpack the files do \LFS\ - i.e the LFS directory.
-Major optimizations to the code.
-Fixed several crash bugs due to joining/exiting servers, 1 car in qualifying/practice, etc. Shouldn't crash anymore, ever.
-Fixed display of gap time when time was over 60secs (used to show up 1:08 as 68s) Now displays correct time (up to 99Minutes).

Left to do for 2.0 release
More positioning options for buttons (left/right?)
Add Qualify/practice support (show timediff from leader/guy in front of you)
Saving of program settings
Showing "+1lap" in gap time when opponent is 1lap ahead.

Changes from 1.0.1.0:
--Added a default value for insimport.
--Minor optimizations.

What does it do
Displays on the top of your screen the gap in seconds to the car ahead, and the car behind.
Updates whenever you cross the finishline / split time line.
Obviously, the gap behind only updates when the car behind crosses the same split time

It is still kinda primitive (no way to choose the insimport, no actual interface etc.) But will get there. The core stuff already works well.

Usage:
Unpack somewhere you choose.
Open program, choose thy settings (admin pass - insimport)
Enter LFS, do /insim=whateverPortYouChose
Return to the prog, hit connect.
Profit!

Pic:
http://shiva.no.sapo.pt/ex.JPG - Outdated, new version has an extra button on the left showing the laptime/splittime of the corresponding opponent.
Program Files:
http://shiva.no.sapo.pt/Pitboard.zip

Known Bugs
Program can get shocked and awed if you switch servers and then spectate someone on the new server - sometimes up to the point of a crash. FIXED
Crashes if you use it in practice/qualify and only 1 car is on-track (i.e. when the first car exits pits... BOOM.)FIXED
Odd output if you switch your view to another car - at least for about a split or so.Cant be fixed - untill the cars pass a split, anything goes
If you are the last car, you get a gap to someone else, with an odd number. Don't be last. Apparently Fixed, SOMETIMES bugs out.

Would love some bug-reports in this thread
After race restart, the first splittime is... odd sometimes.
Looks very very cool, useful for oval especially.

Can't wait for later versions.

EDIT: Works pretty good, just need messages for different situations, like if you're in last, or in first, maybe it shows both of the drivers times in front/behind you.
is it possible to change the position to the left/right?
very possible.
Though im a bit more inclined to put it at the bottom center, one on the left, the other on the right.
I can also very add the driver times - but might end up a tad too cluttered.
#5 - Vain
In what language did you program it? If you want to I can share the C++ code of my own pitboard.

Vain
Vain, He uses C#.

On a side note, Could I get the source to that pitspotter? Im taking on the scary language that is C++ and I need all the help I can get.
#7 - Vain
I've posted the sourcecode in the linked thread. It wasn't supposed to be read by anyone but me so don't come crying when your eyes start to bleed.

Vain
lol vain. It was c# - me first prog. (hence the odd bug and primitive form). Will keep updating it as a educational project - at college we learn mainly java with 6-month courses on other languages - but most are left for US to learn if we want (we had exactly 120mins of C - then on to do a 3000-line program with semaphores and shared memory)
So ill need this to keep learning. Eventually, Ill look at YOUR code (since I know what it is gonna do) to learn the basics of c++.
#9 - ReVoX
Is good for your first insim aplication
New version up! 1.0.1.0!

Changes:
Fixed the not quitting correctly bug.
Added easy to use GUI.
Added usage instructions in the program itself.
Fixed "admin password does not match" bug.

You can now set the insim port of your choice
You can now set the admin pass of your choice.
Thanks! I was looking for a mod with this function. Gonna try it on my friend's server.
New Version!
Changes from 1.1.0.0:
-Configurable button position: Can be on the top or the bottom of the screen.
-Added Lap and Split time display for opponents (can be turned off, defaults ON).
-Added Admin Pass auto-detection.
-Major optimizations to the code.
-Fixed several crash bugs due to joining/exiting servers, 1 car in qualifying/practice, etc. Shouldn't crash anymore, ever.
-Fixed display of gap time when time was over 60secs (used to show up 1:08 as 68s) Now displays correct time (up to 99Minutes).

Left to do for 2.0 release
More positioning options for buttons (left/right?)
Add Qualify/practice support (show timediff from leader/guy in front of you)
Saving of program settings
Showing "+1lap" in gap time when opponent is 1lap ahead.
many thanks for sharing!
FINAL VERSION!
Finally, it is done with all features.
Changes from 1.5.0.0

Added several configuration options:
-Show Gap Button (for you weirdos that want a pitboard with no gap)
-Show Button Opponent Laptime.
-Show Opponent Name Button.
-Update Gap on crossing of Splits.
-Update Opponent Laptime on Crossing of Splits.

Added a way to save your options, so you dont have to re-do them all over again.
Added a auto load of options on program start.
Added a way to set the insim port from the program: it will add to your autoexec.lfs file in data\scripts the line "/insim=XXXXX", where xxxxx will be the port in the textbox. it SHOULD not do anything if the file already has that line, though. (for security).
Fixed ALL crashes. If it crashes, tell me.

Now with 80% more humor!
should work, dont see why not.

Just unzip to your LFS directory.
Run the program, follow instructions.
works fine but show a wrong symbol (not an arrow up/down)

Do you use a special font or something like that? How can I fix that? Ideas what I can try?

I'm using a german windows xp with swiss german country settings (don't think this matter).

thanks
Attached images
wrong_symbol.JPG
hm here is another program/addon named Pit Board.That is LFSLapper addon.I thin creator of ir will se this post and you can discus about programs names
Its great man!!! THX!! ))))))))
Where's the pitboard???
Umm,sorry to be a pain....

i downloaded this pitboard insim an got it to connect fine via in-game & with dedicated host...

BUT all i get is the welcome & special thanks too makers message in chat....

i did a 5 lap race an got no pit board to show split times or anything for the complete race??? i even went through the pit lane just to see if that would get it to display & still nothing....

Am i missing something here??!! :o

Any help with this would be most welcome
hmmm, dont really get your problem, but try this:

- Extract all data from Zip-Folder directly to your LFS-Folder
- start LFS and type in chat "/insim 29999"
- start "Pitboard.exe"
- configure once the insim port in "Pitboard" (i.e.: 29999)
- click "Connect"

To configure your InSim Port in LFS go to:
"Multiplayer" > "Start new host"
set the IP-address to "127.0.0.1"
set the Port tp "29999"
(Leave the settings without creating the server)
It works fine now THX
Quote from Pasci :works fine but show a wrong symbol (not an arrow up/down)

Do you use a special font or something like that? How can I fix that? Ideas what I can try?
I'm using a german windows xp with swiss german country settings (don't think this matter).
thanks

same problem on my screen. no up/down and no plus/minus symbol
Quote from nixda-power :same problem on my screen. no up/down and no plus/minus symbol

Same "problem" for me

And thanks for this usefull app
Wow Its Awesome

PitBoard!
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG