The online racing simulator
Midtown Madness 2
(51 posts, started )
Midtown Madness 2
Was just in a server and MM2 was brought up, as we all said our Zone names, 2 of us knew each other from years ago which was wierd, so was wondering how many here played Midtown Madness 2 back in the day, and what was your zone name?

Mine was +zZenom and i'm now on LFS as Mason@DriftWorks
Errmm, you'll have to jog my memory. Midtown Madness 2, the original Xbox ? Paris and Washington ? bit of a crazy game, but fun.

If so, then yeah i was on Xbox Live all the time, although mainly with PGR 2 (think it was version 2 anyway) Then moved to Forza motorsports. Would meet up with a regular bunch of guys on there a few years back, we even formed a team. But i can't for the life of me remember the team name, or my Xbox Live id
ehrm... MM2, London and San Francisco.
Quote from chanoman315 :ehrm... MM2, London and San Francisco.

Yeah, just checked.

Paris and Washington were in Midtown Madness 3 on the Xbox, so, i guess i'm not as old as i thought
MM2 ahh the good old days. Nice to be a kid back then
Quote from -DrftMstr- :MM2 ahh the good old days

Amen to that. I remember that game. That's what a REAL cruise server should be like, lol.
Yea, the ability to take whichever turn you like, go to the SF bridge for a drag race and trying to get to Alcatraz with God Killer lol
Haha, I remember that thing... tonnes of fun was had in San Fran with the Mustang by yours truly... Ah the memories..
The xbox game was amazing. Its the reason I bought xbox
i had the xbox version. i dont remember much of it, only physics what i hated. but i kept playing it pecause it had open city and stunt cars if i remember right.
EDIT:now i remeber the game, damn i had nice moments with that game
physics were crap no oversteer at all but being able to explore the cities like that was really a new thing for a racing game.
I rember good old days set full traffic and go on highway with bus in reverse line MASS CRASHING FTW
I got badly addicted to MM2 all them years ago, was a good mod community around it as well IIRC, for some reason I distinctly remember driving an old Volvo around SF.
blimey i got mm2 with out first proper pc, we got it 3 days after xp came out, and it was part of a software pack(it was a packard bell before the days of either me or my dad knowing anything about pcs, the pc was good for its time, 1.6 p4 i think and cost over £1000)and i started playing mm2 then and loved it and played it on and of till about 3 year ago
MM2 is the game I have spent more hours of my life playing with!! It was my little Gran Turismo, with a lot of addons and about 80 high quality cars. I also tuned them to make the game as realistic as possible (but it was still 100% arcade XD). I also modified the sounds and so... lol
i never went online, would let me for some reason, and this was really in the days before i really knew much about modding games so didnt do that
I had 1 and 2 for the PC. Both very fun games, although GTA made them (along with a lot of games like Crazy Taxi and the like) absolutely redundant.

One thing both had that I really annoyed me was that wierd 'rocking' effect backards and forwards when you jammed on the brakes.
I played MM2 too.It was sooo fun back in the day.
#19 - mr_x
MM2 has been, and always will be, in my top 3 games EVER! (along with Worms 2 and Carmageddon 2).
Quote from mr_x :MM2 has been, and always will be, in my top 3 games EVER! (along with Worms 2 and Carmageddon 2).

Carmageddon 2 was rubbish :P

EDIT: So was 3.
I have that game, i was addicted to it. I loved the Panoz GTR-1, the Bus, the Aston Martin, and all the others. so many hours i spent on that game xD
Heh heh yeah great game. Carnage in the bus with full traffic was fun

My friends jokingly used to call it "No textures Madness"

I remember we used to think how sweet it would be If you could mix it with GTA1/2 and be able to get out of the car and run around in FULL 3D !!
Quote from Crashgate3 :Carmageddon 2 was rubbish :P

EDIT: So was 3.

I have to agree. C1 was very promising. C2 added bells and whistles like polygonal pedestrians who tried to limp away if you just hit them with a glancing blow. But the driving feel (although I hesitate to praise its physics) of the original was lost. I never tried C3.
I used to play under the name SFPatrol78, or something like that. It has been a long time since I have been on Zone, I think before that I was UnsungZeros. But I'd need to log in again to be sure.
How anyone can not enjoy the Carmageddon series I cannot understand. The original was fantastic, and the 2nd one just improved on it. Still have original discs for them somewhere, along with the "splat pack" addon for the 1st.

The 3rd one though..was shite, no other way to describe it.

Midtown Madness 2
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG