The online racing simulator
|proRace| Cruise Server (NEW)
(49 posts, started )
Hello All

I am proud to say, that after all the hard work, we have a BETA Version of "|proRace| Cruise Server!" up and running.

What is this Mod?
Like cruise servers, you earn money by driving, but the difference with our one, its a racing cruise server, so you have to race to earn the money.

You wont earn money just by driving, you will earn money by being in #1 Position and the whole time you are in #1 your money will go up, if you happen to get overtaken by the person in #2, you will stop earning the money, and the player in #1 will begin earning (only earn money if you are winning the race)
The goal is to earn enough money to buy all of the cars out there, starting off with the lowest and working your way up to the fastest, but dont worry! If you are in a UF1, and some players have FZR (you dont stand a chance of winning) this is ok, we have planned events for just the UF1/Slower cars so that you have the chance to earn your bit too.

Come along have fun, and please make me aware of any bugs you find while in the server. This is a BETA v1.0 and is the first version to go online

P.S Please read the welcome message when you come in for a list of commands, this saves you asking people in the server while they are racing, when you could have looked

Have Fun

|proRace| Fusion

|proRace| Cruise Mod Developer/Author.

#2 - Migz

Great Idea
Ill check it out later

Maybe this will shut up those anti cruisers who complain that cruising isnt racing
sounds great! will try later.
Quote from _EvoLuTioN_ :Hello All...

|proRace| hmmm Aren't you the lad who was on the [IRL] Bangers server asking me could you use the 'speed hack', then coming back and being abusive when I kicked you out?

Got your own server now to use it on, huh?
Quote from U4IK ST8 :|proRace| hmmm Aren't you the lad who was on the [IRL] Bangers server asking me could you use the 'speed hack', then coming back and being abusive when I kicked you out?

Got your own server now to use it on, huh?

No it wasnt FUSION it was FELIX, and he isnt in the team anymore!

Check ur replays, u will see.
I remember _Evolution_ bud so it was you, know how to use Ctrl+Shift?
Quote from U4IK ST8 :I remember _Evolution_ bud so it was you, know how to use Ctrl+Shift?

obviously u dont
Server appears to be down?
#9 - Ian.H
Must say... what an original idea! No.. really, congratulations on being unique!

Love the contradiction too.... a "racing cruise server". Please find me a racing driver who believes he "cruises" around the track during a race.. jesus christ, this forum gets more and more stupid by the day.

"BETA v1.0" is funny as fsck too

Is it just me, or are these idiots confusing InSim applications with the term 'cruise'!?

Regards,

Ian
Why doesn't somebody make...(wait for it) a server where you have to pay entry fees...and get prize money...and to repair your car...

Nah, it'd never work
Quote from _EvoLuTioN_ :obviously u dont

You obviously don't know what it does, haha. I saw your name, _Evolution_, when I pressed Ctrl+Shift so I know it was you.

Anyway, enjoy cheating on your own server.
Quote from Ian.H :Must say... what an original idea! No.. really, congratulations on being unique!

+1

If there's gonna be anymore cruise servers, they really need to start thinking of something original. I mean really original.

I think that nearly every possibility of LFS + insim has been explored to saturation point. Excluding AutoX football
Quote from JO53PHS :

[ snip ]

I think that nearly every possibility of LFS + insim has been explored to saturation point. Excluding AutoX football

Has someone made tetris yet with the buttons? That'd be original (and be more fun than LFS itself with it's current rigor mortis state)

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :Has someone made tetris yet with the buttons? That'd be original (and be more fun than LFS itself with it's current rigor mortis state)

Regards,

Ian

Ian, You need to see this
Quote from _EvoLuTioN_ :Hello All
too many words
[

I don't get it.....Whats wrong with the standard race format . Seems silly to me.

Quote from Migz :

Great Idea

Ill check it out later

Maybe this will shut up those anti cruisers who complain that cruising isnt racing

....it's not

Quote from JO53PHS :+1

If there's gonna be anymore cruise servers, they really need to start thinking of something original. I mean really original.

Football eh? I'm listening.....
Can someone design an inSim app to shut Ian up?
@DWB: Just slip Bob a $50 note?

I don't get what the popularity of InSim is all about personally.

IMHO a race without InSim is better, because it's driver skill
Quote from mcgas001 :Ian, You need to see this

ROFFLE! That's sweet! Now _there's_ some initiative!

I have nothing against a cruise server setup personally.. I think I spent about an hour on one some time ago when the idea was pretty new, but now, I think it's just some retarded method of trying to gain "virtual friends" (speaking of all the servers (and their admins) there are now, not the people actually using them). Seems the latest announcements of these types of servers are probably from people who get shunned / banned from racing servers, so this way, they can become some kind of "god" (in their own right) by having a server that may become popular. SPS (Small Penis Syndrome) I think is the correct terminology for this condition

Regards,

Ian
Quote from The Radness :

Football eh? I'm listening.....

Great fun . Use the UF1 as the ball and RB4s as the players. You will be ROFLing withing 5 minutes. So much so that you won't be able to drive your car properly.

You just need a football pitch AutoX layout and an insim to count the goals
Quote from JO53PHS :You just need a football pitch AutoX layout and an insim to count the goals

AHHHHHH! *Eats Eyeballs*
Quote from mcgas001 :AHHHHHH! *Eats Eyeballs*

You don't neccessarily need an insim. An referee will do just fine, but a insim helps if you don't have a responsible person adminning the race... I mean match
Quote from DieKolkrabe :@DWB: Just slip Bob a $50 note?

I don't get what the popularity of InSim is all about personally.

IMHO a race without InSim is better, because it's driver skill

InSim on its own is nothing (in regards to servers and races). It's the developed applications that are useful (or at least have the potential to be).

I've never used it, been on a server with it, nor like skidding about, but LFSLapper I'd say would be one InSim app that is potentially useful for some things to enhance the racing. Unfortunately, InSim is to LFS what JavaScript / Flash is to teh interwebz. It's main purpose is to enhance the user experience, unfortunately, too many pricks start dabbling and create a complete mess of things that it becomes more of an annoyance than an enhancement.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from JO53PHS :Great fun . Use the UF1 as the ball and RB4s as the players. You will be ROFLing withing 5 minutes. So much so that you won't be able to drive your car properly.

You just need a football pitch AutoX layout and an insim to count the goals

I love ROFLes, with maple syrup though. mmmmmm waffles and football.
Quote from JO53PHS :You don't neccessarily need an insim. An referee will do just fine, but a insim helps if you don't have a responsible person adminning the race... I mean match

No, You didnt get what I was saying. I was saying, You dont have an insim, Nor do you have insim. InSim is a protocol that uses packets to transfer data and report various info.

Quote from Ian.H : [ snip ]

I'd say LFS Lapper, And the CTRA X-System.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :and to repair your car...

Could insim actually do this? I actually think a setup where you have to pay to fix your car would make the racing a lot closer to real life. The racing style the top guys in LFS have (ie, arse out all over the place) is very different to the style most real life racing has, simply because you can take a very risky line due to not having to spend thousands of pounds on repairs.

(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG