The online racing simulator

Poll : Which GTR is most difficult to drive?

XRR
FZR
FXR
XRR if you don't know how to modulate throttle.
FZR if you don't know how to manage weight transfer.
FXR if you don't know how to control the rear end's momentum.
I voted for the XRR, I love driving the car and it's great to drive, but it's a damn pig to get right.

The FZR is just to easy to drive fast IMO, slow in fast out wipes the floor with the XRR, I can have both cars doing the same apex speed yet the FZR is 5 tenths quicker. Though, the FZR also has to be tamed, you only have to know where the limit is once to teach not to go so hard again.
we better can call it rwd
XRR, but that could be down to me not having given it a proper chance yet...
When S2 first arrived, i was like 'XRR YEAH BABY!'.

But it was back then when FZR brutally ass raped the other two cars so I jumped aboard the fail train.

When the balancing patches came, I went back to XRR and immediately developed a love/hate relationship with it. FZR feels like a content mother settling to her fate as she watches her kids grow up while the XRR is like white trash MILF beating her offspring like red headed stepchild if they do not behave.

Never got into the FXR as it doesnt own my imagination.
No matter what I do with the XRR, or any of the XR cars for that matter, they are drift cars for me. Nothing but 90 degree drifts in cornering with all 3.
XRR does like to hang the back end out, but i find it very progressive, controllable and fun, unlike the FZR, which has more of a snap oversteer that really punishes you if you aren't careful.

and of course the FXR you can drive with your eyes closed.
FZR here for me. I hate the feeling of understeering and oversteering at the same time. The car rotates easy enough but is very hard on the rears if you're not careful. I dislike everything about the FZR and I won't come within 10 foot of driving one if I don't have to.

The XRR when driven very hard ends up becoming a snowplow, especially on mid-corner for me. But for me understeering is much more controllable than an oversteer and I am happy to push wide if I come in too hot. The balance on the XRR is very good IMO, just need to get rid of the turbo lag...
anti-lag FTW
I picked the XRR because I have a lot of experience with it but have now switched to the FZR for the latest series.

With good setups, the FZR is a joy to drive. It handles very well and has tons of linear power. It will want to step out on you under power and it can be hard to catch once it does step out. However, throttle modulation works nicely and the car has a good range of settings that allow you to turn in nicely and still not have too much oversteer.

The XRR has the problem of turbo lag that makes it difficult to get the power down out of corners. The power kicks in just when you don't need it too and around you go.

The setup on it is difficult because of the lack of front end grip. The car can be setup well, but it is harder to do. You always have to compromise something in order to get what you need where with the FXR, you can usually remove bad habits without compromising too much. Part of this is because of the lack of front downforce on the XRR. You try and improve high speed handling by adding rear downforce, but then the front washes out, even at the maximum downforce setting. You have to lower rear downforce which then makes the car more squirrely in the corners. You compensate by upping the mechanical grip for the rear, but then you push like mad in the slow corners. It is a tough balance.
I test-drived both XRR and FZR after my last post, and came to the conclusion that FZR is harder for me. Probably for the same reason why Christopher Raemisch dislikes it.
Quote from Boris Lozac :
Anyway, have any off you noticed some different behavior with GTR's since patch Y? My friends are saying that GTR's now drives like cra*, because of the new tyres.. and i keep saying that tyres only changed in consumption/heat, but they feel the same in terms of car handle, right? (at least i can't notice the difference except in faster heat/consumption)..

Nothings changed other than the tires. All it needs is for the tires/camber to be setup correctly again and then it should feel exactly the same.

Quote from Boris Lozac :So every non-G25 user is a cheater? :rolleyes:
It was a sequential before, remember, until it was decided that it was "H-box" all off a sudden...
And let's be honest, these kind of cars are almost all sequntials IRL..

No but anybody who has a 3 pedal H-shifter setup who chooses not to use it is and a lot of G25 owners admit to using 2 pedals and paddle shift because it's faster.
Quote from ajp71 :
No but anybody who has a 3 pedal H-shifter setup who chooses not to use it is and a lot of G25 owners admit to using 2 pedals and paddle shift because it's faster.

I'm one of those guys who use left foot braking, sequential gearbox, and paddle shifting on my G25. And not only that, I also use custom cameras, virtual gauges (and virtual mirrors in all single seaters). I'm even lowering the degrees of rotation separately for each car until I'm both fast and conisntent and I rarely steer anything with more than 360 degrees (mostly 240 to 290).

The reason is simple: when I run LFS I mostly do it competing, and when you compete you want to be fast. Occasionally I cruise with Shift+F, H-shifter, clutch and right foot braking but it's not my norm. And usually I do it in rfactor.

Theres' nothing to "admit", I don't feel guilty for something so I must admit I did it (or confess it). It's not a guilty secret or anything. It's a rather intelligent choice when you compete.
Voted XRR but I'm kinda torn between the FZR and it as hardest. Have a decent amount of very competitive experience with both now, and they both have their ups and downs. The FZR can be hard as hell to enter some corners and manage over a race distance vs. the XRR, but at the same time it just eats curbs for breakfast/lunch/dinner and has very good throttle response. The XRR on the other hand handles absolutely beautifully when it's setup perfectly and can be easy as pie if the gearing's right for the corner, but then you basically can't be cornering at all when you curb hop and the throttle requires much more attention on most corners. (Spin up the turbo, turbo spun up, drop throttle, play with throttle, full throttle again, etc. all within the space of a couple seconds.)
Quote from rcpilot :... but then you basically can't be cornering at all when you curb hop and the throttle requires much more attention on most corners. (Spin up the turbo, turbo spun up, drop throttle, play with throttle, full throttle again, etc. all within the space of a couple seconds.)

I agree! The turbo is manageable and can be effective, but it takes someone with great throttle skills to keep that boost from bleeding off, but not enough throttle to apply too much power to the wheels on exit.
Isn't it cool that we can argue like this about virtual cars? I think it is a testament to the quality of LFS.
Imo, XRR, unless it's the only thing you drive out of the GTRs, it doesnt feel as stable as the FZR a nd FXR. I used to drive it(the xrr) alot, but without practise itts harder to drive for me.
Quote from Hallen :Isn't it cool that we can argue like this about virtual cars? I think it is a testament to the quality of LFS.

either that... or we have no lives... I vote for your statement
Hmmm, the XRR isn't as difficult to get the hang of, but it is VERY difficult to drive fast.

The FZR though is kinda twitchy at first and i found was a little hard to get used to, but once you do it's pretty easy to smash some lap times.

The FXR is just a joke, i'm not a big fan of people driving it, unless the whole race is a one-make.
Quote from der butz :snip

the Porrari-FZR is different. A fat pig in my eyes. It feels like a container ship in heavy storm.
Brake early (doNOT overuse gears), wait and let it roll through the corner completely, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait STOMP IT! Feels strange.

snip

You are doing it wrong.
Quote from scipy :That's what his gf tells him too.. prolly

well, shouldn't you know? bitch.
Quote from Jonesy_ :well, shouldn't you know? bitch.

I know nobody remembered it's your birthday today, but that doesn't mean you should deny yourself some buttseckz tonight.. U be nice to me or I'll be closed for buisness.
Surprise buttsecks, you never know when it'll happen!

So I'm not going to have you blackmailing me!
Somewhere, JTbo is crying on his keyboard.

Most difficult-to-drive GTR car?
(150 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG