The online racing simulator

Poll : Which GTR is most difficult to drive?

XRR
FZR
FXR
Hmm, it totally is on setup for me and track... I once had a really nice setup for westhill i think and FZR.. And i could push it for even long races, + i had a really good time and grew more confident thus really liked it.. In Y ive had bad experience with fzr...
FXR i like alot, in Y its even faster, so to say the safe one... But I think in long races tyres were too much... but that maybe me...
XRR emm, i cant imagine finishing a race in it xD so my vote goes to XRR,, altough, with patch Y , i feel the fzr has been ruined since in X, that was the gtr i was most confident in..
I don't really drive any of the three GTR's much now, but I've never really been that quick in FZR, it always felt far too twitchy. So that got my vote. I also have to agree with MAGGOT, it is a fairly ugly car.

I used to absolutely love racing the XRR, I'd say I was fairly confident in it back when I used to race, but now it doesn't feel the same. I may have to get some up-to-date setups for it and try again as all my setups are from old patches.

FXR is like the n00bs car if you like. It's pretty easy to relatively quick in as the added front wheel drive can pull you out of corners, but at the price of eating front tyres more.

XRR FTW, on looks and the way it drives.
Everyobody can go fast with these cars, but when you push them to the limit, I think the XRR is the most "playful". However, the FZR requires more footwork due to it H gearbox.
In short, if we are talking about the limits, the XRR is maybe the hardest, but if we are talking about driving techniques, the FZR.

I personally prefer the FZR, I bought my G25 for using the H shifter, not for using paddles or sequential
I find the XRR the most difficult one to drive, FXR and FZR are both pretty easy in my eyes.

I am also fascinated how many people can vote wrong in this thread
Why can't I vote both XRR and FZR?
Only GTR cars I can drive "safely" are UFR, XFR and FXR. Probably because I suck so much (Hey, at least I am honest. ).
I voted XRR, as it feels the most strange to drive...

Anyway, have any off you noticed some different behavior with GTR's since patch Y? My friends are saying that GTR's now drives like cra*, because of the new tyres.. and i keep saying that tyres only changed in consumption/heat, but they feel the same in terms of car handle, right? (at least i can't notice the difference except in faster heat/consumption)..
XRR is the harderst to drive fast. It's easily flippable on curbs, the turbo lag makes it impossible to catch NA cars out of corners, also the 627 Nm of torque just liquifies the tires at standing starts, the larger front to rear tire sizes make it quite a bit more oversteery, the weight distribution makes the braking difficult (even though it has wider front tires) and slow.
The XRR got my vote, the car is great looking in my opinion, but you have to push it really hard to get fast times with it
voted fzr.

Since s2 I've been fascinated by the gtrs and totally fell in love with the 924GTS lookalike XRR. I'm not quick in it, but got used to its bitchy behaviour easily.
Brake early, use gears to brake, keep the turbo spinnig during the corner, balance your way out of it.
Also it's a real beauty on the track, it looks much finer, more fat free than the other two.

the Porrari-FZR is different. A fat pig in my eyes. It feels like a container ship in heavy storm.
Brake early (doNOT overuse gears), wait and let it roll through the corner completely, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait STOMP IT! Feels strange.

I can't really say something about the FXR (what is this, a VW passat 4wd??), it's easy to drive but with unexperienced drivers it's just plain slow and eats tyres like gummibears.

greetz

der anti-moose-anti-dru-anti-reintjan-butz :-)
XRR! without having a good setup base, it is impossible to go fast with it , FXR is not so easy too, but no traction problem, even if the setup sucks, is a good advantage!
I can't say I like any of them. I find them all to handle like barges with no brakes, poor turn in grip (and grip in general) and so haven't driven any of them long enough to try and work around the way they drive.

I'd rather the UFR and XFR to be honest, (apart from the FOX and FBM of course).
XRR by far, the lack of weight over the rear coupled with the turbo lag make it a pain under throttle. Plus it's rubbish under braking with the rears dragging easily and bogging down the diff if you use anything other than a locked diff or a silly 400+ preload clutchpack. Also, it flips easily
#38 - TG44
FZR is cool to drive, but I like XRR the most And a baby could smoothly drive an FXR..
XRR, without a doubt for me.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Anyway, have any off you noticed some different behavior with GTR's since patch Y? My friends are saying that GTR's now drives like cra*, because of the new tyres.. and i keep saying that tyres only changed in consumption/heat, but they feel the same in terms of car handle, right? (at least i can't notice the difference except in faster heat/consumption)..

Mostly, yeah.

The real issue is that the tire heat cycle has changed in Y, and you now have to use R3s where you used to use R2s, R4s (*shudder*) where you used to use R3s, etc.

They now take longer to come up to temp and get a bit hotter than they used to, but once you adapt there's very little difference in feel.
XRR no doubt, with turbo lag and a much greater tendency to get unsettled under braking or worse, suddenly decide to change direction mid-corner at the slightest input. I think what makes it difficult is recognising that, unlike the FXR, it is a car that requires active fine inputs to keep it happy, not something easy to offer in a turbo charged car. It's a bit like driving a very fast canal barge, you've got to put the inputs in before the car does something, not react to it because with all that turbo lag the throttle response isn't instant.

The FZR is easier to drive because it won't change direction nearly as fast (longer wheelbase I think) with small inputs. Also being manual you have to heel and toe (if you don't cheat with autoclutch), which naturally means you're more in control and make slower gear changes and are less likely to get it unsettled banging down through the gears like in the XRR and being naturally aspirated it's much easier to give it fine throttle inputs.

The FXR is very easy to drive, there's nothing demanding about driving it fast, yes it takes some skill to drive it at the limit, but it's not as hard as the other GTRs and starts are a doodle. It's still very forgiving, you'll rarely spin unless you're trying, it can drive out of most gravel traps and it always wins when you use it as a battering ram against other GTRs, which is probably the reason I hate the thing most.
Quote from ajp71 :Also being manual you have to heel and toe (if you don't cheat with autoclutch)

So every non-G25 user is a cheater? :rolleyes:
It was a sequential before, remember, until it was decided that it was "H-box" all off a sudden...
And let's be honest, these kind of cars are almost all sequntials IRL..
The XRR is like a very sharp fine knife, its deadly if you find someone who can wield it properly, but if you're inexperienced a big sledgehammer that goes by the name of 'FZR' will come along and stomp you.

The FZR is defiantly the easier car to drive, it requires less input to keep it balanced in corner entry and little on exit.

I don't drive the FXR. :rolleyes:
Cool avatar, Rooble
FZR gets my vote, the tail end makes it difficult to control. Requires alot of footwork
Before patch Y I would have said the XRR but now the FZR is the hardest. The newest patch has made the XRR easier to drive I think.
For me, definitely FZR because of the inconsistency of the balance of grip. It pitches forward and back a lot more than the other 2 so I find it difficult to balance the car properly between entering a corner and exiting. With the XRR or FXR, I can easily throttle steer it out but with most setups that I've driven with the FZR is that it seems the idea is to go into the corners fast to maximise front end grip when its pitched forward and then wait patiently to put in throttle input.

Although, that said, there have been setups which defy this logic but only a bit, the car still pitches back and forth quite a lot but Jet's BL1 set (Patch X) is quite good.
I love the XRR, I hate the FZR and I kinda like the FXR. My vote goes to the FZR, since it reminds me of a heavy boat or something (which, oddly, once it snaps its tail you cant't really bring it back... and it snaps it quite easily imho)
I say XRR i think the way i need to push it is just not natural yto me i like FZR more its a blast to drive i think the FXR is a lil to grippy

Most difficult-to-drive GTR car?
(150 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG