The online racing simulator
pro race driver grid.
(18 posts, started )
pro race driver grid.
I like the graphics but I don't like the bloom and the dull brownish color because it looks overdone.
The damage looks really good from what I've seen from the video.
The physics are... pretty arcadey from the looks of it. Drifting looks too grippy and racing looks a bit slippery. It looks like the BMW race car in one of those videos almost always did a small slide and in drifting, the Silvia looked like it was still planted firmly on the road. Maybe the guy driving sucked but the physics look bad for people who want a sim racer (I think they are targetting a more general audience).
Oh and the sounds are good, but aren't either. Some are sharp and a bit realistic but the Silvia sounds like a leaf blower (maybe that's how they are supposed to sound like) and the BMW sounds almost the same, but its more violent. They probably made their own sound sample or something but whatever it is, it was probably based off of a leaf blower.
wow, i really like grqphics, awesome
It looked pretty and I thought it was pretty interesting, until I saw a couple of the other gameplay videos. To be honest it looks like a cross between NFS and LFS with it's race tracks and various side games, such as drift competitions
that trailer gave me interest but then at other vids...
?, when the driver steers the car goes sideways but i cant hear any tire burning or cant see any smoke unless it reaches angle 45
i think they pinched the engine sounds of trackmania nations, the sounds are rubbish
Nothing like the TOCA2 from 1998. Graphics are nice but physics seem to be crap
i've read about it in gameplay
looks nice
gona buy it
Will be awful. Anyone who's anyone who's played Dirt will stay well away from this.
Same old Codemasters crap.
Style over substance. Non existent physics engine.
Will probably sell millions.
Quote from pb32000 :Will be awful. Anyone who's anyone who's played Dirt will stay well away from this.

Dirt was good, only pecause it had hill climb and CORR. else of drit, sucks ass
Quote from batteryy :Dirt was good, only pecause it had hill climb and CORR. else of drit, sucks ass

Dirt was awful, because it had hill climb and CORR, which you would think could have been good, but were ruined by physics that basically meant you could just hold the throttle open 24/7 and occasionally steer.

What I DID like about Dirt, was the damage model. I though the chassis bending fairly realistically was good, but then again generally the only way it affected handling was to bend a wheel which wasn't hard to overcome.

I even put on the 30% less grip mod from BH Motorsports to try and make it a bit more fun, but as the mod didn't seem to apply to the AI, it made it impossible to progress in the game and unlock anything. Meh.
Was someone actually waiting for something else than arcade? This is so below even the GT5 level.
I've not written it off entirely yet, but the fact that it's trying to fit into both semi-sim and arcade means it'll probably be crap. I didn't like the Dirt physics and since it's the same engine I can't imagine it'll be that different.

What happened to my old GRiD thread?

[Edit:
I found it ]
One thing they've needed for years in the toca games and their spin-offs is simply an

arcade -------||------------------------ simulation

slider in the options for the physics engine. The amount of time they've put into the damage model shows they've got the commitment to be able to pull off decent physics. A simple option would please the proper petrol-heads without alienating people who just want to pick up a pad with their friends when they get back from the pub.
Quote from pb32000 :

I even put on the 30% less grip mod from BH Motorsports to try and make it a bit more fun, but as the mod didn't seem to apply to the AI, it made it impossible to progress in the game and unlock anything. Meh.

I put on some less grip mod too, i could see the difference and i spotted difference with AI too? They crashed much more, and really they drove quite bad with that mod...Turn 1 was like lfs demo server lol.

I actually like this game, I DO NOT expect sim, just a decent racing game with different modes/cars and offcourse good graphics, which this game has. AND much improved damage model (they are using dirt damage motor, but improved it).

When Im playing DiRT, i just sometimes literally stare at all those car graphics, so beautiful and when you start the race, they are still shiny and fresh!
Offcourse this is with maximum graphics, because thats the actual graphics setting that counts, when judging.
Doing crash tests with all those cars..mmmm....
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :I put on some less grip mod too, i could see the difference and i spotted difference with AI too? They crashed much more, and really they drove quite bad with that mod...Turn 1 was like lfs demo server lol.

I actually like this game, I DO NOT expect sim, just a decent racing game with different modes/cars and offcourse good graphics, which this game has. AND much improved damage model (they are using dirt damage motor, but improved it).

When Im playing DiRT, i just sometimes literally stare at all those car graphics, so beautiful and when you start the race, they are still shiny and fresh!
Offcourse this is with maximum graphics, because thats the actual graphics setting that counts, when judging.
Doing crash tests with all those cars..mmmm....

Ooooh interesting, maybe I was just being an uber-noob, which is more than likely tbh. I think though that when you did the normal stages where you have to beat a certain time to advance to the next level, the times were much lower than, at least I, could achieve with the grip mod.
Oh snap, right, havent tried stages actually. But in modes where there is AI visible, then there they really suck at first corners.

pro race driver grid.
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG