The online racing simulator
I kinda need help[website help]
(23 posts, started )
Hover effects can either be achieved with the onmouseover and onmouseout properties of the <a> tag (both of which take javascript as actions). But, much better, is to use CSS, and do something like:

a {/* style goes here*/}
a:hover {}
a:visited {}
a:active {}

Just to let you know, it doesn't show up correctly in Firefox for some reason. Maybe it's my version I don't know.
Looks a bit off in Opera as well. Screenshot attached.
Attached images
faulty.jpg
On my FF (actually, my parents FF) it looks like Dajmin's, but offset to the right instead of the left.
mines the same as dajmins... looks like it might be a res issue.

heres what i see in FF @ 1680x1050
Attached images
restless.JPG
Quote from franky500 :mines the same as dajmins... looks like it might be a res issue.

heres what i see in FF @ 1680x1050

Exactly the same in Opera for me @ 1680x1050
Yer tis a res issue. Niko (is it?!), you need to set your body background image to be central, at the moment it aligns to the left.

As James said, you'd be best off putting together a nice and simple small CSS file to style your page, which will be beneficial in the long run. You can learn a lot from www.w3schools.com
I get more or less the same thing when I view it. If I had to guess it's that the banner is an image set to centre in the column (which expands on wider resolutions) whereas the white part is a background in a column which tiles originating from the top left of the column. If you are using columns like this, give them a fixed width so everything stays where you want it.

[EDIT] Beaten.
Opera 9.2, offset to right.
Just testing again now I'm at home.

Works fine on a maximised FF at 1280*1024. Non-maximised makes it move in a silly way, and causes all sorts of problems. The top banner and the text are centralised to the window, whilst the white background is a fixed width from the left.

Always test websites on multiple browsers, at multiple resolutions, and at multiple browser window sizes. And ideally on other computers too
Exactly the same. Even after a Ctrl-F5.
same
Niko, you can't hava a div outside the body (nor can you center the body). What you need to do, is take a look at w3schools, and find the tag to position the packground image in the center.

There are a lot of things you can do to optimise that background image, but that can wait for now.
Another suggestion - don't never, ever, put anything flashing on your website. Never, The only (very bad) exception would be red text telling something very very very urgent.

And you can make it more proffesional by improving the border around the content part, it's vey ugly.

BTW it looks fine on this laptop on Opera 9.2.
All centred ok for me, apart from the text.

Using Firefox on Linux OS
Attached images
Niko'sWebby.jpg
Looks much better, but the background sort of repeats itself at the bottom. Maybe it's meant to do that though, idk...

Also, the page takes ages to load here. Might want to compress the images a bit more, they'll still look fine if done properly
Attached images
Untitled.jpg
Ouch #1: Server on a different planet?

Ouch #2: The background looks like a platform game.

Not that I know anything about coding.

EDIT: Removed attachments! Nothing to see here folks, move along!
What did you do to the "links" page that you didn't do to the others? The backgroung doesn't repeat itself there
Quote from LFSn00b :blame 110mb. It's überslow

Its not them atall, Its the .co.nr domain name.
Damn those slow .co.nr domains.
Quote from mcgas001 :Its not them atall, Its the .co.nr domain name.

No, get your facts straight.

The .co.nr essentially, is just a redirect to http://nikosrpg.110mb.com so Niko was infact right, when he said 110mb was slow.

-
(mcgas001) DELETED by mcgas001
The last .co.nr domain name I had, Was really slow at routing to my server. He also has cloaking on, That will make it even slower. Im sure that has _something_ to do with the .co.nr domain name.

I kinda need help[website help]
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG