The online racing simulator
He probably meant via email, Zach.
the idea of a clutch + sequential shifter seems odd to me.

quality-wise, is this wheel much better than the TM Ferrari GT 2 in 1 (force feedback version)?
I saw both in a store; the GT 2 in 1 is almost half the price and I don't know if I really need a clutch if it doesn't come with a H-shifter...
@ Darin. I'm the organiser of the Kyoto 250 (and the 500 in June)

If you'd like something on this, then we'd be happy to help. Just post here/PM me with what you need/want/whatever/interest and I'll see what we can do
Quote from Samor :the idea of a clutch + sequential shifter seems odd to me.

quality-wise, is this wheel much better than the TM Ferrari GT 2 in 1 (force feedback version)?
I saw both in a store; the GT 2 in 1 is almost half the price and I don't know if I really need a clutch if it doesn't come with a H-shifter...

Works perfectly fine as for me (even tho I don't have that wheel)
Not all race cars have H-pattern gearboxes but still need manual clutch work (on downshifts mainly) so its not odd at all
I see.... so much I still have to learn
Thanks

but, if anyone has used both... this, or the logitech momo?
Quote from DarinSRT :Oh no.... You follow me over here too.. STALKER !!!

You disappear for years, now you're everywhere.. Don't you have a track to build or sumthin...hehe

I can seeeee you!
Quote from J@tko :@ Darin. I'm the organiser of the Kyoto 250 (and the 500 in June)

If you'd like something on this, then we'd be happy to help. Just post here/PM me with what you need/want/whatever/interest and I'll see what we can do

why not just contact him directly?
Quote from J@tko :@ Darin. I'm the organiser of the Kyoto 250 (and the 500 in June)

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=315456

This sticky on SRT forums might give you some insight in what they need/would like to have for coverage
Just don't be put off by the fact its being organised by the No. 1 and 2 in the world for epic fails
Was this off topic ?? Confused by that statement

Quote from JO53PHS :Just don't be put off by the fact its being organised by the No. 1 and 2 in the world for epic fails

It was kinda an off topic joke

Look at mine and J@tko's sigs
ITS S2 humour
We mess stuff up on a regular basis

For example yesterday, I accidentaly pressed the power button on the multi plug with my foot, causing the computer to shut down
A rather strange question... but what aspect ratio does SRT use.

J@tko calculated it to be 11:6, using his high-tech ruler measurement method . Why 11:6 though.. why not something more... normal
720 x 480 and then a lot of time we have to crop to 16x9 which is very close

Quote from JO53PHS :A rather strange question... but what aspect ratio does SRT use.

J@tko calculated it to be 11:6, using his high-tech ruler measurement method . Why 11:6 though.. why not something more... normal

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Erm.

Might want to do some reading here: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/aspectratios.htm

Please forgive me... I'm a n00b . I didn't think of measuring with a ruler anyway

When i said 'what aspect ratio do you use', I meant more along the lines of 'What aspect ratio would you prefer this vid to be in?' So I suppose it will be ok if I make this vid in 16:9
Well, the guidelines post says to use 720x480 or greater, so I assumed you were confused as to how that'd be made to fit a normal aspect ratio (since it's 1:1.5).
Just my two cents on the Thrustmaster RGT + Clutch, as I feel they might be useful especially now that Logitech is trying to bleed us all dry again with the G27 *cue Logifanbois*...

Just got mine, it worked as soon as plugged but without the FF, which was quickly fixed with the provided drivers, despite my system being somewhat exotic (Win 2k Pro).The FF works quite well, despite being a tad slow, it's strong and quiet, which I appreciate, I hope I can make it faster through tweaking of driver settings. The feeling is quite good, it clamps well and doesn't seem too fragile, but as many said, the paddles don't seem very sturdy, yet there's no need to squeeze'em like mad, I strongly suspect they break less with a little anger management .

The pedal rack doesn't slide on my carpeting when pushed, which is a good point, but it is not stable when practicing heel and toe, as it would need to be extended quite further in front of the pedal axis, which will force me to change its position, as having it horizontal just can't work, I'll probably put a brick or two under the front part of the rack. At least they are close enough for correct heel and toe. The repositioning thingie seems like a gimmick, though.

I had to put two large rubber bands at the base of the knob in order to use it appropriately (heheh...), because it used to downshift just after the upshift if I released it carelessly and it rebounded, it was very annoying, but the problem's solved.

I had bought it hoping against all odds it would allow me to practice both analogic clutch AND handbrake. Of course, it won't, because the 5th analogic axis needed to do so is only available using the analogic paddle mode, which would force me to assign the clutch to an awkward paddle position. This is really infuriating for me, but I kinda expected it. I'm thinking about tweaking it some way to allow what I want, but it's certainly not gonna be easy.

Another problem I encountered is that there is a duplicate buttons problem. Instead of duplicating the digital paddles into the sequential shifter, which would have been quite logical, and would have avoided me the constant button remapping whenever I change from stick to paddle cars, they duplicated the two lower wheel buttons into the buttons found at the base of the shifter's knob, which effectively suppresses two very useful buttons, and I find that a real shame, as it's one of the wheel's strong points against the G25.

The little console-type D-pad is quite useful, but it seems the buttons cease working when squeezed too hard, which might be a problem on the long run.

I don't feel an anormous need for more degrees, as 270 are quite enough for me now, it's already an enormous change from my XboX pad, I tell ya... Of course, the precision is far greater, and I feel it's more a problem of having to fight the FF than an inherent lack of precision. Despite my being adaptive, I'm having a lot of trouble synching everything that needs to be done, so I suppose I'll just have to train some more. The bottom line is I'm a lot slower for the moment, and I suppose it's quite normal.

The other strong point is of course the price, it's a total bargain ! And the fact that despite its price, the G25 (and probably the G27) still has recurrent problems and fragilities doesn't encourage me to buy one. I would never fork out that amount of cash for anything less than flawless, so, sorry logitech, even the G27 won't be enough, and its ridiculous price won't help.

All in all, I'm quite happy about this purchase, and hope it'll stay that way I'd just like Thrustmaster to make an updated version, as it could be a huge success against the G27.

Thanks for reading, now let's go practice some more
I bought this wheel couple months ago and it was really great. Much better than DFP which i borrowed from my brother.
For drifting it was just superb. 270 degrees wasn't much realistic but got lot of fun with it.
But now wheel is broken...
First right paddle broken (not every time working) and then next thing...
Between 20deg left and 20deg right rotation wheel is completely imprecise.
I turn left about 5 degrees physically and in game it jumps to about 20 deg and than gets back to center...
I've got no guarantee so I won't do anything with it. I just left the very good pedals and play with them and steering with mouse.
So I don't recommend this wheel to anyone.
I heard the paddles could be repaired quite easily, but of course it's the main weak point, which is why I'm gentle with them. As for the imprecision, I think it's a problem you can solve in the options.

PS: I could easily make a wooden stand for the pedals and it works great, now, yay !
what are you on about. Legally you have warranty, just claim.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG