The online racing simulator
Has this mod been made? [block messages from an individual]
I'm getting sick and tired of mouthy little sh!ts in my server, moaning everytime there is a little crash, explaining time and time again that, "you was new once", just doesn't seem to sink in.

What is the reason for my post?

Is there a mod out there that you can mute players from talking e.g !mute username.

This would be handy to get rid of the "mouthy" people that dont diserve a kick, just a "not talk for a while"

Thanks for reading.
#2 - robt
although you cant mute certain users you can always use the block messages button (the "-" key next to the 0 on the keyboard )
Quote from robt :although you cant mute certain users you can always use the block messages button (the "-" key next to the 0 on the keyboard )

You can do this, but it doesnt stop him offending the other people on my server, making them leave... "noobs" -> probably dont know how to mute.
Can't do it as the InSim protocol (as it stands now v4) does not allow you to cancel a message sent by a player. You can see the contents but you can't change it or stop it from being received...
The only way i could think to get around this is to have a whole new chat box in a corner (or minimized), and make them block messages before they join th race, so, in an instance like you disgribed you could stop them talking through the chat box...
I actually have this chat box thing made for this reason in some of my on going projects
Great minds think alike . I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, im a lil nosey
Quote from _EvoLuTioN_ :You can do this, but it doesnt stop him offending the other people on my server, making them leave... "noobs" -> probably dont know how to mute.

hey i know how to mute

but serious...surely wouldnt hurt to have something like it
you could always make a little program that you !mute username, and then if that username speaks, kick . Multiple offenses while muted = ban?
Khm, you can block all messages, and make insim reading needed msgs (unblocked) and RCM'ing/MSG'ing them
I like your thinking (the creator of this thread) Some people that have been playing LFS for years forget that once theyy were noobs also.
Quote from Krammeh :you could always make a little program that you !mute username, and then if that username speaks, kick . Multiple offenses while muted = ban?

go thinking because. if you stop them talking i think they will just go crashuu everyone or leave.
no normal method, but if use proxy (server<->proxy<->internet) for server we may use some filter (if message from user going to server and from server to other users)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG