The online racing simulator
No Buildings = More FPS?
(21 posts, started )
No Buildings = More FPS?
Hey, just guessing, with the current improvement of SC Textures, you get worse FPS rate, like 30 alone, 10 with 20+ cars o grid. Is the huge amount of buildings an issue?
I mean, if i delete the dds of the buildings can i get more FPS?
If yes, which are the dds of the buildings?
EDIT; Or what i have to do to delete them?

Thanks in advance... im such a noob in this stuff
deleting the .dds files for the buildings will not make them disappear, they will just be white or grey blocks. I wouldn't suggest deleting anything
Quote from flymike91 :deleting the .dds files for the buildings will not make them disappear, they will just be white or grey blocks. I wouldn't suggest deleting anything

But then your computer would have less things to do when it wouldn`t have to show the complicated textures, only white/grey blocks.
#4 - Mrwei
I don't think so either...

The only way is to change your PC...

More powerful PC ..ha ha
Quote from Mrwei :I don't think so either...

The only way is to change your PC...

More powerful PC ..ha ha

But when your parents are like mine, you can only dream of one. I`m able to pay 3/4 of the price, but they don`t want to pay the 1/4 becouse they think it`s stupid to waste money on computer racing games.
Textures won't make any real difference unless you're using a graphics card that's older than time itself. It's more related to ploycount than just textures. The more your gfx card has to render, the less it can render in a second. Common sense, right?

The biggest issue LFS has relating to fps is the heavy reliance on CPU. It doesn't offload anything to the gfx card.
So the physics, the AI, all the calculations AND any graphical effects are done in the same place. It's more common now to unload physics to the gfx card, freeing up a load of CPU cycles for other things, but LFS doesn't do that yet. Likewise, a lot of newer cards have built-in effects to generate particles so there's minimal power used for that.

Eventually they'll update to Dx9, but that will come with it's own issues. People with newer gfx cards will get increased frame rates despite the better appearance. But people with older hardware will probably drop even further.
god, you must have a crappy pc, i get about 30 fps with 20 cars 16x AA and 16x AF
I am kinda having same problem, especially on South City with patch Y, because the new look of it, I don't have the best/good videocard at all also, but I sometimes get even 150 FPS, South City is the biggest problem for me, about 10 cars and my FPS starts to jump up and down, and you couldn't drive anymore normal... I wish somehow that I could get old South City textures to new patches, but seems I can't, that sucks, that's why I never race on South City really thou...
Quote from mickyc30 :god, you must have a crappy pc, i get about 30 fps with 20 cars 16x AA and 16x AF

real helpful there

as others have said no it wont help much... but i really dont understand why the only dynamic lod reduction lfs supports is on the cars instead of the track around you that you wont look at anyway when theres lots of cars around
Quote from mickyc30 :god, you must have a crappy pc, i get about 30 fps with 20 cars 16x AA and 16x AF

really, for me.. i prefer being fast, than having a great pc and slow...
Thanks all guys
Just put graphics on low and dont go on massively populated servers.
Or buy a new PC
I wouldent suggest deleting anything though, as A. The game will probably look crappy and B. You might knack up your game

Good luck
I've thought about doing that before, to FPS sake, but never actually tried.
PS, Nathan, nice avatar, looks like a pretty Les Paul, you own one?
~Bryan~
Quote from NathanRx-7 :Just put graphics on low and dont go on massively populated servers.
Or buy a new PC
I wouldent suggest deleting anything though, as A. The game will probably look crappy and B. You might knack up your game

Good luck

I have them the lowest i can. Buy a new PC, yes. im just trying to find a good deal for gfx
how about posting your current specs for this 'stoneage' computer and your settings in LFS. that way people could suggest things for you to do/buy
Quote from mattlikespeoples :how about posting your current specs for this 'stoneage' computer and your settings in LFS. that way people could suggest things for you to do/buy

well.. let's see

I have a 200M Ati Radeon 128MB. Crap
1GB Ram that work like 512. Crap
AMD Semprom. Crap
HDD 56GB, had some crashes of it.Crap
Laptop Compaq V2000. Crap
Overheats as hell, and i wont upgrade it.

New PC:
2GBRam. Geforce Motherboard. AMD procecor, Athlon X2 something like that. 320HDD 10k RPM Maxtor, and everything that i need for good pc... just need a good GFX, is the only thing i have to buy
would it be all right If i posted mine too? the max I can get is 40 fps all alone, and 6 on a populated server
Rofl, my 7 years old computers amazing specs:
160gb hard drive
ati radeon 9200 128mb
386mb pc133 ram
1ghz athlon

But hey, GTA SA works well, so does Half Life 2. LFS has quite a lag when there`s more than 2 cars in screen.
I used to have crappy fps too but the test patch solved it. just wait for the new patch and if that doesnt solve all of your problems only then buy a new pc
Quote from dropin_biking :I've thought about doing that before, to FPS sake, but never actually tried.
PS, Nathan, nice avatar, looks like a pretty Les Paul, you own one?
~Bryan~

Yep
Les paul standard '04.

On topic:
As I said before... If your computer can't run LFS on LOWEST settings, and you're having the resort to deleting part of the game to get it to work.. Then I think you should really get a new computer...
Just save up imo, I've noticed that LFS isn't demanding at all. In fact, I have an AMD 3000+ and a GeForce 6200 (both very budget) and I get at least 50 frames. (Less with a full grid of course.)

No Buildings = More FPS?
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG