The online racing simulator
Honda F1 Sign Up WIll Stevens!
(49 posts, started )
While I've got nothing against karts, it seems you - Alan - seem to take great personal pride in the achievements of others just because they take part in a similar hobby to you at the weekends.

When's your F1 test scheduled for BTW?
Intrepid, you sound slightly jealous. As far as I can see, a kart is nothing like a single seater, this kid showed talent at racing karts, maybe a good indicator that he knows what to do in a race, and can be quick, but moving to single seaters he proberly will need to learn alot on how an actual car handles, one with proper suspension, one with aero, one that can go round corners alot quicker. I think thats what Tristan was refering to in his first post. Karting points to raw talant for racing, that talant needs to be refined.
Quote from Intrepid :
Your JEALOUS.... karters get signed... while F1 teams IGNORE series like your because it clearly is ZERO measurement for driver talent... well done on your win in a 'proper car' btw lololol

Just like amateur karting club motor racing is open to anybody so there's a wide variety of talents. You know full well that amateur karting and motor racing both hold no prospects of getting signed. Amateur motor racing and karting operate as separate enthusiast entities, karting is not a prerequisite to going club racing, whereas for a professional racing driver karting is the route up based on the fact that go karts are a more suitable vehicle to let little kids race both on budgetary and safety grounds.

Quote :
And before you state you car accelerates faster than a kart blah blah blah... an Italian magazine tested a 125cc gearbox against a F3000 or F3 (can;t rememebr)... and well... the modern F3000/F3 got owned... mind you it was on a kart circuit... a LARGE one at that however. Maybe not the fairest of tests but highlights my point

The owner of my local rental kart track races a Jedi (note he is someone who has extensively raced karts over the years and recently moved up to cars and certainly doesn't regret it). He's tried taking his Jedi, which should be far more suited to racing on a kart track than a big single seater, around his track and can't get near to the 4 stroke rental kart lap record let alone the speeds he's done in his own karts. That's about as fair as saying that Tristan's car would leave your kart (or a 125 for that matter) standing round Snett, which isn't really fair because virtually the entire track would be taken at vmax for the kart.

Quote :
The Jedi looks more lively and the engine seems more alive. They are ugly as sin though.

Yeah bike engines are a lot more peaky and like little racing engines than standard production engines (compare FBM and FOX). Tristan's car is as fast as the Jedis though on laptimes and cornering speeds should be higher with more advanced suspension and aerodynamics.

Quote from andybarsblade :I +1 with everything he's said.

Yes people move on from karts but everyone has to start somwhere, Look at Valentino Rossi he did'nt jump on a 200bhp moto gp bike and say everything else is just shit.

I'm sure he would also say that Moto GP is the pinnacle of bike racing and that as fun as it may be 125s are their as part of the learning curve. Karts may be very offer good racing and be exciting but for most they would rather race cars if they could either afford to as club racers or get offered a drive as aspiring drivers.
Karting is easy to pass in too. It's a simple matter of Outbrake, divebomb, push the person you're passing out of the corner, and you're "OMG! AMAZING OVERTAKE" when in every other racing series known to man, you've just broken every bit of conduct for passing.
That picture is freaky, the way the two grown men look, the smiles on thier faces. The guy on the left is surly not a real person.
#32 - need
Look further back, you can make out the brown leather of his left foot, just the way he's standing.
That guy in the left is either a stick figure or completely photoshopped.
-
(xaotik) DELETED by xaotik : already mentioned
#36 - JCTK
Quote from aoun :Talented or not.. Senna like, even, or not..

But can a 16 year old young developing body handle a Formula 1 car? Or a full distance race?

What do you think?

I think its possible, but at the same time, i just don't think a kid can handle it.

who said he'll be racing for Honda anytime soon~?
Will Stevens is a spoiled little sh1t!
I've seen him throw some serious tantrums over the years!
He's too cocky aswell.

He is quick, but i think there are quicker drivers out there. He has just had all the right breaks (meaning deep pockets).
Quote from nikimere :Will Stevens is a spoiled little sh1t!
He's too cocky aswell.

He is quick, but i think there are quicker drivers out there. He has just had all the right breaks (meaning deep pockets).

Ah OK then - approved - he's got all the qualifications to be in f1 in 2-3 years.
Quote from xaotik :Ah OK then - approved - he's got all the qualifications to be in f1 in 2-3 years.

What ever happened to the idea of F1 being a gentlemen's sport? All these Hamilton's and Alonso's these days... Kimi is the only one who behaves himself http://youtube.com/watch?v=-VW2oAkjcJ4
that won't last long, just as Alonso's time is gone.
Hiding behind a new username doesn't make you look any less foolish. I don't think Niki is at all jealous, just stated it as he sees it. Ever thought that Honda might not have seen the tantrums (best behaviour in front of the suits).

Also, Niki never said he wasn't talented, just that he felt there were more talented (i.e. quicker) people out there that don't get the breaks because they're not as loaded.

You might be lucky and see Niki's acheivements - it's a reasonably long list. Probably vastly longer than yours.
Quote from nikimere :Will Stevens is a spoiled little sh1t!
He's too cocky aswell.

To get anywhere in motorsport you have to be minted!

anyway who do you think is quicker out of interest.. who isn't minted.
Quote from Mustafur :Anyone who is british is overated.

recently seen on Hamilton. If he'd be the uber driver he wouldnt have thrown away the World Championship
Quote from x.x :Everyone in motorsport has money or they wouldn't be racing, im not sure you can put it down to that, bit of a silly thing to say really wasn't it.

Tantrums?? Not sure u'v got the right person there, but oh well.

Anyway, your jealousy isn't going to change anything, so I suggest you concentrate on yourselves.

Have a nice day

I hope an admin can reveal this coward's real identity via IP tracking... I really doubt Niki would say anything like that if it wasn't first-hand experience, just like I doubt he's jealous in the way you describe it.
Of course there may be more talented drivers, but without actually naming anyone it's a worthless thing to say.

I agree that if your not minted you will struggle to get anywhere in motorsport. but when has motorsport been any different?
Quote from x.x :What are you on about?? U obviously have never even seen or met Will because you have no idea what you are talking about. Honda obviously saw more talent in Will than they did in you otherwise they would have signed you, wouldn't they.. I suggest you keep your jealous opinions to yourself.

Yeah hes had all the right breaks but people wouldn't waste their time helping him if he wasn't talented. Please do tell us what your achievements are we would love to hear............Clearly the only thing your good as is being jealous.

lol!

Quote from Intrepid :To get anywhere in motorsport you have to be minted!

anyway who do you think is quicker out of interest.. who isn't minted.

Personally i think Oliver Rowland is a serious driver. (to name one)
I remember watching him in Rowrah (sp?) last year. Rowland had to win the final race of the season and Harvey had to finish 3rd or lower for Rowland to win the championship.
Rowland actually slowed down to bunch up the top 5 or 6 karts to give other people a chance at passing Harvey. When he did Rowland drove on an and pulled away from everyone again. Unfortunately it didnt' work out the way it should have for him, but he tried. He did everything he could, and more.
I just thought that was extremely clever driving, especially for a 13/14 year old!
Also his outright pace on a second rate chassis is also something worth noting.
Although i don't particularly like him either as a person i still think he is an extremely talented driver.

Quote from Intrepid :Of course there may be more talented drivers, but without actually naming anyone it's a worthless thing to say.

I didnt' name anyone because i didn't think i had to justify my opinions...
Quote from nikimere :

Rowland actually slowed down to bunch up the top 5 or 6 karts to give other people a chance at passing Harvey. When he did Rowland drove on an and pulled away from everyone again. Unfortunately it didnt' work out the way it should have for him, but he tried. He did everything he could, and more.
I just thought that was extremely clever driving, especially for a 13/14 year old!
Also his outright pace on a second rate chassis is also something worth noting.
Although i don't particularly like him either as a person i still think he is an extremely talented driver.

lol well I totally agree. I made a video of him a while back - http://www.revver.com/video/178405/oliver-rowland-karting/ a

and yes you do have to justify your opinions.
Intrepid,
are you:
a)Will Stevens?
b)fan of Will Stevens?
c) balls licker of Will Stevens?

Honda F1 Sign Up WIll Stevens!
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG