The online racing simulator
Honda F1 Sign Up WIll Stevens!
(49 posts, started )
Not a big surprise if your in the know

http://www.willstevens.co.uk/n ... ng-signs-will-stevens.php

again F1 teams looking straight to karting to source out talent... goddam won't they just leave us alone lol

good driver, very quick, can handle pressure... interesting to watch how he does.
next hamilton?
he should better drive some enter formula series.

My prognose is he is overrated a bit
Quote from baSh0r :he should better drive some enter formula series.

And what would you base that on?
he will be torn in pieces with no formula experience.

he should better start with GP2 like Rosberg, Hamilton and all those guys and learn to drive a fast formula car.
Umm hes not going to be driving for them in the next season you know. Honda are signing up to support him through the entry level formulas. Taking a 16 year old karting champ and sticking him straight into an f1 car? that would be madness.

PS. Is i just me or is the second picture down on that front page really creepy (click on it)
#7 - aoun
Talented or not.. Senna like, even, or not..

But can a 16 year old young developing body handle a Formula 1 car? Or a full distance race?

What do you think?

I think its possible, but at the same time, i just don't think a kid can handle it.
Quote from baSh0r :he should better drive some enter formula series.

Anyone who is british is overated.
Having shown a bit of talent at karts, Honda want to fund him in the next process - forgetting the pointless stuff from karting, and learning how to drive proper cars.
Quote from tristancliffe :Having shown a bit of talent at karts, Honda want to fund him in the next process - forgetting the pointless stuff from karting, and learning how to drive proper cars.

Is anyone else dying to know what Tristan will be like when he's 60?
lol Tristan youn drove a TKM very badly and now your an expert.

Your JEALOUS.... karters get signed... while F1 teams IGNORE series like your because it clearly is ZERO measurement for driver talent... well done on your win in a 'proper car' btw lololol

WHo did you beat... some history teacher, and accountant?
#12 - aoun
Quote from Intrepid :lol Tristan youn drove a TKM very badly and now your an expert.

Your JEALOUS.... karters get signed... while F1 teams IGNORE series like your because it clearly is ZERO measurement for driver talent... well done on your win in a 'proper car' btw lololol

WHo did you beat... some history teacher, and accountant?

No offense buddy, you sound like a school girl.
I'm not racing to get spotted. Are you?

P.S. I knew karting was barely relevent to formula motorsport LONG before I drove a TKM (badly or otherwise - did you see the wreck of a chassis Will lent me?).
Quote from aoun :No offense buddy, you sound like a school girl.

that's slightly hypocritical?... that;s exactly the kind of thing a school girl would say!
Quote from tristancliffe :I'm not racing to get spotted. Are you?

P.S. I knew karting was barely relevent to formula motorsport LONG before I drove a TKM (badly or otherwise - did you see the wreck of a chassis Will lent me?).

Yep he asked to mech him the race before in which he drove fast enough. The kart was a bit old but not as bad as you make out... no where near! We managed to get it on a decent pace, you just complained complained excuses excuses... couldn't handle the fact the pushing one a throttle was so tricky
Riiiiggghhhttt... Of course. Do you routinely hold the rear part of chassis together with tie wraps - you are obviously very bad at 'mech'ing.
Quote from tristancliffe :Riiiiggghhhttt... Of course. Do you routinely hold the rear part of chassis together with tie wraps - you are obviously very bad at 'mech'ing.

hey... you alway connect the rear bumper to the chassis with cable ties, even on new karts... you don't want that thing flying off in the event of contact... Even an amatuer can figure that one out... I did the best I could with what we had... I admit it wasn't in the best of conditions

However, that kart was in good enough working order to go at a pace that wouldn't be embaressing. Will could do it... why couldn't you? A kart is only for 7 year olds according to you... and you couldn't handle it...just a little TKM .. what does that make you?
I am pretty sure if I drove your car and wasn;t fast I would be MAN enough to admit it was my own failings... but I guess that's the difference between car drivers, and kart drivers.. we don't make excuses.lol well some karters, OK a FEW karters...
I've not said it wasn't my failings. I've just said I didn't think I was that bad at controlling oversteer. I personally think it was both. Will agreed with me at the time, especially when he showed me where the load bearing parts of the chassis had cracked right through it.

Don't hold your breath about driving a racing car. I don't think you'll ever get that pleasure
lol... watching your onboard shots it looks about as much fun as watching paint dry.. racing 12 other cars... no thankyou.. i prefer grids of 30+

Though I wouild give a Jedi a go.. those things are just stupid
No wonder 99.99999% of gokarts are required to not only drive F3 cars, but also to win in them before being considered for F3000/GP2 let along F1. You'd wonder why, because karting is so amazing at teaching people everything there is to know about racing...

You've not watched much Jedi racing have you? How interested would you be to know that my lap times are comparible - often quicker - than Jedis? In what way is it boring? Too slow? Too low acclerations?
Quote from tristancliffe :No wonder 99.99999% of gokarts are required to not only drive F3 cars, but also to win in them before being considered for F3000/GP2 let along F1. You'd wonder why, because karting is so amazing at teaching people everything there is to know about racing...

You've not watched much Jedi racing have you? How interested would you be to know that my lap times are comparible - often quicker - than Jedis? In what way is it boring? Too slow? Too low acclerations?

Just looks boring... relative speed just looks slow... actual speed is irrelevant. You would agree older F1 cars are far more demanding and exciting to watch, and probably for the driver.

And before you state you car accelerates faster than a kart blah blah blah... an Italian magazine tested a 125cc gearbox against a F3000 or F3 (can;t rememebr)... and well... the modern F3000/F3 got owned... mind you it was on a kart circuit... a LARGE one at that however. Maybe not the fairest of tests but highlights my point

The Jedi looks more lively and the engine seems more alive. They are ugly as sin though.

Maybe I'll let you test one of my karts, and you can let me test your car. Brave enough... lol thought not!
Relative speed to what?

Older F1 cars have rather a lot more power, so not entirely fair.

The engine in a Jedi revs higher, but makes less power. They are ever so slightly undertyred compared to an F3 car, and have a slightly shorter wheelbase (although their polar moment is actually about the same, so they respond at about the same speed). Some are ugly, but there are a few modifications people do to improve looks and performance, although they aren't necessarily mandated in Formula Jedi.
Quote from Intrepid :Major snip

I +1 with everything he's said.

Yes people move on from karts but everyone has to start somwhere, Look at Valentino Rossi he did'nt jump on a 200bhp moto gp bike and say everything else is just shit.
Quote from tristancliffe :Relative speed to what?

Older F1 cars have rather a lot more power, so not entirely fair.

The engine in a Jedi revs higher, but makes less power. They are ever so slightly undertyred compared to an F3 car, and have a slightly shorter wheelbase (although their polar moment is actually about the same, so they respond at about the same speed). Some are ugly, but there are a few modifications people do to improve looks and performance, although they aren't necessarily mandated in Formula Jedi.

I just like the look of them. Maybe the shorter wheel base makes them look more alive and twitchy.

I am a high rev fan... predictably... I like engines to rev high... it's a perception thing... but when I drove a low revving motor it just doesn't feel very fast, when in fact it may be.

(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG