The online racing simulator
Speed hack in Patch Y
(46 posts, closed, started )
Edit: I should read before posting!
Quote from AndroidXP :Because the FO8 WR is 36.76? Now think about how impossibly well established the times are on the oval, and then someone comes and beats it by more than 5 seconds...

Lol.
Going back to Oval ......... Mabe he just made a right turn
#32 - 5haz
Maybe he hit a red and white barrier, once I hit one just right on an autocross track and ended up getting a lap time 20+ seconds faster than the record as I was catapaulted down the straight!

Joking Although speed hacks can be fun offline sometimes, however a lot of people cant' seem to be trusted with them sadly.
Quote from mcintyrej :Am I the only one who doesn't see this as a big problem? As soon as a speed hacker is on a server, surely they just get banned by vote/admin? I don't see why admins would sit and watch a speed hacker, just ban them. Once their banned from so many servers in a week or something they get a perm ban, afaik.

But what about when their times get recorded on LFSworld?
Quote from Stang70Fastback :We're not all complete @$$holes here who claim something is impossible just because it is slightly faster. Though I have not personally raced with that combo, I'm fairly certain that if people say it's impossible, than it most likely ISN'T with that car/track combo!

Well done matie boy, thats your free one right there.

I did not say anything about ****s. Nor that anyone is (or isnt)* one. I asked a simply question, as id not check anything out.

Regardless.

* With a responce like that, jumping down from that horse of yours, there are exceptions. Perhaps you are one.
Quote from BrandonAGr :But what about when their times get recorded on LFSworld?

They they just get deleted.

It would be pretty easy with the current system just to impliment a warning when a laprecord is broken by a noteable difference, then it just sends the replay to a mod/dev/someone-who-checks-laps and they check it for hacks?

Anyway - don't hacked replays give an error when you watch them anyway? OOS Error?
Quote from mcintyrej :Am I the only one who doesn't see this as a big problem? As soon as a speed hacker is on a server, surely they just get banned by vote/admin? I don't see why admins would sit and watch a speed hacker, just ban them. Once their banned from so many servers in a week or something they get a perm ban, afaik.

Not all servers have admins on them. Nor do many have the vote enabled. It would be quite off-putting in the US time zone when CTRA is running a combo you don't like and the only 2 other servers with anyone on doesn't have vote or admin, yet has a cheater on it.
Quote from CELTIC100 :Going back to Oval ......... Mabe he just made a right turn

[url removed]
[forum abuse removed, and also the quoted link. What's the point in constantly reporting a post having an offensive link and quoting the same damn link in your OWN post!?]
If u know where the hacks are coming from report them to the devs.
Quote from mcgas001 :Oi, That is ****ing discusting your ****. Wtf is funny about a ****ing baby in the microwave. Go ****ing die you stupid ****.

*Runs*
Quote from mcgas001 :Oi, That is ****ing discusting your ****. Wtf is funny about a ****ing baby in the microwave. Go ****ing die you stupid ****.

To be honest I think that post is worse than a few photoshopped pictures.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :To be honest I think that post is worse than a few photoshopped pictures.

You would be like that too, if your brother has just had a kid and then you see something ****ed up like that.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Well done matie boy, thats your free one right there.

I did not say anything about ****s. Nor that anyone is (or isnt)* one. I asked a simply question, as id not check anything out.

Regardless.

* With a responce like that, jumping down from that horse of yours, there are exceptions. Perhaps you are one.

I didn't mean it in that sort of tone. In fact, it wasn't against you at all. I was just trying to make the point that if people say it's impossible, it's most likely not because they're closed-minded people who cannot possible imagine that someone might get a faster lap than them. I did come across as harsh, but that's my horrible word choice as usual... The first sentence was more meant to be read with a sort of sarcastic-ish tone. The kind of tone that doesn't work well on a forum, lol.
Quote from mcgas001 :You would be like that too, if your brother has just had a kid and then you see something ****ed up like that.

No I wouldn't, I don't overreact to pictures on the internet, no matter what my situation is. Sure you would question a parent who would do that just to get a picture, but its not like they shut the door and had roast baby for dinner is it. You wishing death on someone for posting a link to a slideshow is a bit extreme, especially when they didn't make the slideshow in the first place. Call me old fashioned, I just see that as worse than a picture.
What was more disturbing was a picture of racers, who suffered maining injuries from accidents beyond their control. A puppy with a cross bow bolt in its head. None of those victims on that slide show were "owned"..... Thats not being "owned"....

"Owning" or being "Owned" is when you suffer a public humiliation for an act of blatant stupidity - not an accident.

Personally I find that post - irrelevant to the discussion, and sick - It should be removed.

The response to the post was a little over stated - but I agree with the sentiment entirely.
useful thread this...

we know about the speed hack, so this thread can surely be closed now.
This thread is closed

Speed hack in Patch Y
(46 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG