The online racing simulator
The Ex Momo Owner
(15 posts, started )
The Ex Momo Owner
Hi,

I made that movie a couple of days ago. I was given a Driving Force Pro and was practicing when I accidentally made a 90 degree drift. The video isn't really exceptional to my eyes but I was asked to post it in here so I did.

LFS Video

Comments welcome. Don't mention the FPS I already know that.
I really enjoyed that... Although the video lacked FPS, the choice of camera views was very good. Once you get that FPS problem fixed you'll be fine. BTW nice 90!

LOL, didn't read that about FPS but to late.
nice drifting, bad music, bad fps (i know). get a better pc plz.
Quote from Stefani24 :nice drifting, bad music, bad fps (i know). get a better pc plz.

I doubt I need a 'better PC' nor a better graphics card. I already have 4gb of RAM and a Dual Core @ 2.4GHz, which is more than enough to make movie. The FPS problems doesn't really have to do with my 'crappy GFX' neighter. When you want smooth action, you should record at 0.5 or 0.25 which I didn't. I recorded at full speed with FPS locked at 30 hence the little FPS lack. I'm sorry but your post just sounds offending and not constructive in any way.

Thanks Nolan. <

Edit: Coming from a 13yo with a girlie name, I'll take your post with a bit of salt.
FPS sucks.

The 90 was kick arse though, and like Nolan said, the camera's worked quite well.

Make some more vids.
Hah nice drifting all around the track really but that 90 was awesome!

I liked the video as in the camera angles and even the music was fine imo.

And you know what the only problem was :P
Quote from Riders Motion :I doubt I need a 'better PC' nor a better graphics card. I already have 4gb of RAM and a Dual Core @ 2.4GHz, which is more than enough to make movie.

Judging by your movie's FPS - it's not
Quote from squidhead :Judging by your movie's FPS - it's not

Thats what happens when you record at 1.0. His computer works fine, better than most as a matter of fact. You can tell AA and AF are both turned up really high.
Quote from BigTime :Thats what happens when you record at 1.0. His computer works fine, better than most as a matter of fact. You can tell AA and AF are both turned up really high.

even so, he restricted the FPS to 30, and it didn't work. I'd imagine a system as powerful as his would easily give you 30 FPS even with fraps active
But LFS only uses 1 2.4ghz instead of the 4.0 its sopose to have with both since its Dual Core.
Quote from evilpimp :But LFS only uses 1 2.4ghz instead of the 4.0 its sopose to have with both since its Dual Core.

LFS uses one core, FRAPS uses others (version >2.8.2) His PC might be powerful, but thats probably AA that shoots it down.
Oh yes, I play LFS with 16x AF and 8xS AA, this might be a bit overkill for movies though is it? Anyway when I record at 0.5 or 0.25 is works fine.
i dont know but my computer can only record at 1.000 otherwise its laggy as hell any advice? soz for OT

On Topic

Not bad movie,but its a bit low fps
^: How about setting the affinities of LFS and FRAPS on different cores? Open up task manager and instead of having them use all cores, set LFS to 1 or 2 cores and Fraps to the other 1 or 2 cores. I think that might work for dual core/quad core users.

On Topic: Nice drift. I wish I could do that with my DFP but all I get is a bunch of spin outs or I snap back in the wrong direction from countersteering too quickly .
Quote from Scatter :^: How about setting the affinities of LFS and FRAPS on different cores? Open up task manager and instead of having them use all cores, set LFS to 1 or 2 cores and Fraps to the other 1 or 2 cores. I think that might work for dual core/quad core users.

as far as I know, Fraps of version higher than 2.8.2 does that by itself. I can record vids with full grids of cars in SO with stable 30fps just fine, but for some weird reason whenever I try to record with fraps from LFS with AA fps locks at 10 fps for a weird reason, and its not hardware, fraps ain't taking 110 of fps surely too...

sorry for off-topic

The Ex Momo Owner
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG