The online racing simulator
Tristancliffe's day out!
(124 posts, started )
I think I should also point out that personally I think anybody club racing who has a fancy helmet is a stupid berk who I automatically don't like, especially when they start moaning about money Wink
#77 - JTbo
Quote from deggis :Clearly fake! I don't see the superhero green cloak in the pics.

But you can see clearly from overtaking pic that his head is not leaning into corner like opponent, he drives like a robot or STIG, he is STIG :jawdrop:
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Who are those guys on the 2nd pic?Smile

That is Alex (ajp) and his father (who was in a Morgan race earlier in the day).

The helmet will stay white until I have a spare £300 that I cannot think of what to spend it on that could possibly make me go quicker. That won't be happening any time soon, because it's hard enough to find a spare £300, let alone have nothing worthwhile to spend it on!

As for the ears, I already have some suction-cupped dog ears that I used at an LFS Karting meet a couple of years back. They supposedly stay on helmets even at high speeds, but I'm not sure they be allowed in a race environment. I still use them whilst karting though Big grin
Tristan, I still think you should put a glittery sticker on your helmet (or car) for every win you get. Similar to some hockey goalie (Eddie Cheever I think) who drew a scar on his mask for every time he got hit in the head, to denote the scar that would be there if he hadn't worn a mask.
Well done T!

What sort of a disadvantage do you have over the newer models on paper? Seems you're not afraid to push it, recalling the dorifto video some months ago..

Smile
Quote from Stang70Fastback :No - actually - that's why it's white. If it were any other color, it would absorb more light, which means that over the course of the race, the total weight of his helmet would increase, leading to slower lap times.

It wont' get heavier actually. But a black helmet will make him faster. The photons energy will be more or less absorbed by a black helmet while a lot more photons will bounce off the white one. That will decrease the speed of the helmet (all the energy of the photon times 2 goes into stopping the helmet) which will decrease the speed of Trsiatn which will decrease the speed of the car. So a black helmet is a must!!! Razz
Tristancliffe, how much would it cost to buy a sponsor to your car (Or to your helmet so it won't be completely white)? Smile
Congrats Tristan, well done!
Quote from Gekkibi :Tristancliffe, how much would it cost to buy a sponsor to your car (Or to your helmet so it won't be completely white)? Smile

We should start a community Cockman sponsorship fund
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :Well done T!

What sort of a disadvantage do you have over the newer models on paper? Seems you're not afraid to push it, recalling the dorifto video some months ago..

Smile

I have no idea really. The modern stuff is a LOT stiffer (chassis and suspension, a lot more advanced aerodynamically, and simply more refined in every area. They have a wider track (reduced load transfer), and probably more advanced suspension geometries (better camber control in bump, heave and roll etc). But they do have stepped floors (with a central 'plank' section), whereas I have a fully flat floor. That means that, in theory, I can get slightly more underbody downforce than they can. But the high ride height nullifies most of that advantage.

Until I drive, and get used to, a modern Dallara I can't quantify it. For all I know my car should be a second faster but I'm a crap driver, or I should be 3 seconds slower and I was doing okay.

Quote from Gekkibi :Tristancliffe, how much would it cost to buy a sponsor to your car (Or to your helmet so it won't be completely white)? Smile

I'll take anything, within reason Big grin
#86 - halo
Congrats Tristan & good luck on next round (Silverston?)
that Timms guy really looks like a Bum LOL
I believe he used to get paid to drive in Formula Renault, so he's not entirely without talent. And he's a really nice chap too (albeit quite shy). I think they hold the record for biggest transporter in Mono - 4 cars inside, plus living accomodation...
So they're like running a pseudo-race team in a club championship?

Sounds like a good time
#90 - DeMS
Congratulations! :]

Just keep on trying next races, something good may happen, who knows :]

Oh, and scrap that idea of painting the helmet until someone wants to sponsor you (then you ask them for some fashionable painting/stickers/new helmet), and use that money to upgrade the car or perform proper maintenance.

Also, white on red looks cool, remembers me the color scheme of Ferrari when Marlboro was their main sponsor.

Keep on going :]
Quote from DeMS :
Also, white on red looks cool, remembers me the color scheme of Ferrari when Marlboro was their main sponsor.

What? It's isn't their main sponsor any more? This proves that I haven't watched F1 for ages (Hint: Senna FTW)...
Quote from tristancliffe :I believe he used to get paid to drive in Formula Renault, so he's not entirely without talent. And he's a really nice chap too (albeit quite shy). I think they hold the record for biggest transporter in Mono - 4 cars inside, plus living accomodation...

Bigger than Comtec by the time you take into account their bikes and support cars? Schwitz
Tristian ask the devs if they want to sponcer you. Or if they want you to plaster an lfs logo on your car and helmet. that would be a good idea ask the devs if you can put big lfs logo's on your car. Then it will go faster
Quote from Luke.S :Tristian ask the devs if they want to sponcer you. Or if they want you to plaster an lfs logo on your car and helmet. that would be a good idea ask the devs if you can put big lfs logo's on your car. Then it will go faster

It won't go faster because the stickers will weigh it down Big grin

Duh Uh-hu
Quote from Luke.S :Tristian ask the devs if they want to sponcer you. Or if they want you to plaster an lfs logo on your car and helmet. that would be a good idea ask the devs if you can put big lfs logo's on your car. Then it will go faster

Although it would be cool, if you put them stickers on the car those special tyres they run wouldn't be lasting quite as long with all that oversteer LFS would bring.....Tilt
In what way would the devs be sponsoring him though? Would the be willing to offer him virtual training meaning adding his car to LFS? lol

A sponsor does something to earn himself a sticker usually :P But would be good to promote LFS although I doupt he would do it :P
I somehow doubt the few spectators that most club meetings attract can really see the stickers anyway, and if they did would they really bother to check up what "Live For Speed" means? I don't think Scavierge would gain anything from exposure at a race meeting, and my learning in LFS was shot down in this forum anyway (apparently it's not real enough to be of any use, although I think the opposite).

I could put Live For Speed across the back of the rear wing, because regardless of what it represents it is a rather nifty (if somewhat sad when not on a computer game) racing phrase.

I made a little Youtube compilation of the weekend, but the sound appears to be broken, so I'll try reuploading again today then post the linky here.
Quote from Gekkibi :What? It's isn't their main sponsor any more? This proves that I haven't watched F1 for ages (Hint: Senna FTW)...

tobbaco sponsorship in general was banned yonks ago, thats what put the jordon team out
Ferrari are still sponsored by Marlboro. It wasn't 'banned' in quite such definite terms, but its use was heavily restricted.
By the way Tristian, your result got your name in the national section of Autosport!

"A flat out drive from Tristian Cliffe earned the Reynard man the laurels in race two"

It may not be much, but to get a mention in probrably the UK's biggest motorsport magazine is certainly something.

Tristancliffe's day out!
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG