The online racing simulator
Making cars for LFS
(8 posts, started )
Making cars for LFS
Hey guys,

it's been a while since I was on this site. I'm playing some other games like GP4 and rFactor, mostly because it's quite easy to update them with new cars. I've heard this should be also possible in LFS soon but I'm not sure if that's true. I'm also shaping my own models for Gp4, so it would be very nice to see them in this game, too. Here's one of my works, my friend is already working on the mapping part:

Please help me with that because it's such a great game and I want to update it with some of my cars. It should be no problem if I'd release this car as inofficial update, as people also do with modifications for rFactor (I hope that's right )
Would be also nice if anyone of the game creators could answer me

Greetings from
David
There are no plans to open LFS up to modding at any time in the near future. That 3d looks excellent, though.
It is widely rumoured that the dev tool-kit will be released with/after S3, but it has yet to be officially confirmed...
Do you think it's possible to ask any of the game developers for this? If yes, who would be the right person?
The devs are not interested in taking in third party content, for the most part (the odd acception does exist, but never in the form of a full car) and are not giving the tools to do it yourself to anyone at this time.

For now you'll just have to wait patiently and see if the tools are released after S3 Final.
I think the devs should post be a sticky thread on the front page about third-party content. I know, noone would actually read it, but at least people could then just post a link to it instead of repeating the standard "devs aren't interested" response ad infinitum ... it must get tiring
#7 - Jakg
It's possible to put it in, but afaik you will have to manually create car by editing vertexs etc. It's not easy, and if you had the skill to do it you wouldn't need to ask how (no offence, but only Chuck Norris, Kegetys and some Czech can do it).

Basically, keep working on your model for rFactor. When it's finished, drop the devs a line saying "you can have it if you want". Probably will get a "thanks but no thanks", though.
However, I will continue doing my cars for Gp4 (and maybe some for rFactor, too). If there will ever be such a tool-kit I'll also do my works for this game

Making cars for LFS
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG