The online racing simulator
Why a there no wet track in lfs ??
Hallo all racers

I think off a thing why a there no wet trackes in lfs
it will make it more fun to drive in and its harder.
Then we get more able to get more pro drivers on the track

Can you tell me why we dont got that ?

thanks.
kenneth.
Because weather isn't really simulated at the moment.
there are rumours that Live For Speed Stage 3 (S3) will have a graphics update and weather!
But remember this is just a rumour
Quote from needforspeeyy :Can you tell me why we dont got that?

Because time is frozen and not even the clouds dare move in fear that someone will vote to restart.
That Note6 is weird, there is "Mud" and LFS has it "No" there, but Blackwood rally track is mud, atleast it's said in training.
And keep in mind that simulating water isn't as simple as simply uniformly reducing grip levels. Grip while it is wet is a function of your tires, the depth of the water (which in turn depends on where it pools in puddles), and how fast you're going (because you may hydroplane). Just having grip cut in half when it starts to rain wouldn't entirely cut it, though it would be interesting.

This is different from something like ice where depth and your speed don't matter, it is simply slippery everywhere. Also, ice tends to not appear suddenly in the middle of a race, unlike water.

Basically, implementing water on the track is HARD. Harder still would be having puddles and things show so they looked good (or even showed up at all) and didn't massively increase the system requirements.
And not to forget the need of tires made for the rain instead of slick's for GTR's and SS.
Quote from xaotik :Because time is frozen and not even the clouds dare move in fear that someone will vote to restart.

LOL Scawen spends 3 months developing variable weather and then after 2 weeks of release no server will have it set as active, I can see it
In GT4 the have wet tracks its relly funny to driv on (:
Weather isn't exactly needed, but it would interesting.. Why not just make 'after rain' effect so that the road is shinier, slippier and the sky is dark? That would do me already. It will be interesting how you can drift with wet conditions.
Quote from only.one.RydeR :Why not just make 'after rain' effect so that the road is shinier, slippier and the sky is dark? That would do me already. It will be interesting how you can drift with wet conditions.

Because we are playing a game that tries to simulate everything as well as it can.

Doing something sloppy that would be redone anyway just slows down the ultimate process.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG