The online racing simulator
Question about Track and car inspiration
Hello

Exist Blackwood in real ?? or inspirate of what ?

and cars ?
None of the tracks are real.

Real cars are:
RaceAbout
MRT5
Formula BMW
BMW Sauber F1
I know South City was inspired by some streets in London.
Isn't Fern Bay from Jamaica, or something similar to it ?
And also the Kyoto Ring is from Japan right?
Quote from Kristjan.J :Isn't Fern Bay from Jamaica, or something similar to it ?

The scenery is supposed to reflect that yes, but IIRC South City's config's can be closely related to some real intersections in london =)
There's a real oval track in Kyoto. Altough it's mainly for horses. Use Google if you don't believe.
Quote from deggis :There's a real oval track in Kyoto. Altough it's mainly for horses. Use Google if you don't believe.

Oval for horses? Oh my, you should check camber of horseshoes...
Yes, my horse can't use the oval. Terrible torque steer, ya know?
Quote from Kristjan.J :Isn't Fern Bay from Jamaica, or something similar to it ?

And all the others are from England. That doesn't make them real tracks
I guess the problem is not that there wouldn't be racing tracks that would like to give details for free, the problem is that developers don't have time to make the tracks. And then again, I think 6 different tracks are enough.
It would probably take more time to make a real life track because you would need to get all the detail right, otherwise people will complain. Real tracks would probably encourage modding too, people would want to port the tracks to crappy simulations like GTR, so they would work out a way to do it.

As for the cars, well you can search for the threads that tell you what cars the devs based their designs on.
Theres one of the cars (XRG iirc) where the center consle/vents are pics of a Cavalier/VectraA dash
The XRG/XRT dashboard is from Eric´s Mitsu 3000GT

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG