The online racing simulator
Quote from fragile_dog :JTbo, try telling that to the head of security where I work, 6'5 built like a brickshit house, and a pretty mean bastard. And yes he's gay.

It won't change my opinion whatever muscle/brains ratio he might have, also it won't change fact that here people still are going to beat crap out of him if he says he is gay. It is not accepted in here, maybe in our capital, but not much elsewhere and god I hope it staying that way for next 50 years or so.
Quote from JTbo :Luckily in here gays are still beated up regularily

You are talking about the skinheads and neo-nazis, not too far away from the KKK. Just to be sure about the terminology and remarks
Quote from JTbo :It won't change my opinion whatever muscle/brains ratio he might have, also it won't change fact that here people still are going to beat crap out of him if he says he is gay. It is not accepted in here, maybe in our capital, but not much elsewhere and god I hope it staying that way for next 50 years or so.

Why? What exactly is so bad about it? Are they trying to convert you? Are you scared you are one? Whats is with this irrational hatred/phobia of gay people? Is it to do with relegion?

I truly do wonder.
Quote from JTbo :It won't change my opinion whatever muscle/brains ratio he might have, also it won't change fact that here people still are going to beat crap out of him if he says he is gay. It is not accepted in here, maybe in our capital, but not much elsewhere and god I hope it staying that way for next 50 years or so.

So let me get this right, In Finland they beat the crap out of people because they are born different? Disabled people? Coloured People?..where do you draw the line?

There was me thinking Finland was a great place to live. I must talk to my Finnish teammates about this...
Words. I have none.
Quote from The Moose :So let me get this right, In Finland they beat the crap out of people because they are born different? Disabled people? Coloured People?..where do you draw the line?

There was me thinking Finland was a great place to live. I must talk to my Finnish teammates about this...

I think you draw the line between us and Jtbo
Quote from Hyperactive :I think you draw the line between us and Jtbo

Hehe, i didn't really think that Finland was full of ignorant gits like Jtbo.
Hey JT look at it like this -

Being Gay is not normal, but a pecentage of gay people within a group/population is.

There is some part of their Genes that they/we/I/you have no control over it is simply a genetic variation, and is normally harmless to everyone.
You have no right to persecute them simply because they get their jollies in a slightly different way to you and me.

For you (and nature), the upside is that these people cannot have children, so in theory - if I am correct they will become less in number as time goes by (but you need a little patience) because thay cannot pass the homosexual Gene to their offspring.

Theoretically homosexuality should dissapear altogether, but it is a fact of life that it has always existed and for you and me always will, accept that and move on.
Would you break someones legs if they liked Brown Bread over White?

Just 'cause a guy likes another guy as a pose to a woman does that mean you should beat him up?
How long until having sex with young boys is ok? There is not much of difference really, maybe soon drugs are good thing, what is wrong with it some may like it, so it have to be acceptable?

In army and school group has always guided individuals to path of generally accepted ways and it has happened with violence and it still continues to happen, no matter how bluffy soft world you think you are living in.
Quote from JTbo :How long until having sex with young boys is ok? There is not much of difference really.......

You've completely lost the plot now. Best stop now if i were you, before you are forever stuck in that massive hole you're digging yourself.
Quote from JTbo :How long until having sex with young boys is ok? There is not much of difference really, maybe soon drugs are good thing, what is wrong with it some may like it, so it have to be acceptable?

OK...Another hole you have dug for yourself...
WTF has the more relaxed attitude of society towards gays EVER made it morally OK to abuse young boys???

Even STRAIGHT paedophilia is a BIG no-no...

If there were no gays allowed to live my record collection would be seriously depleted....What would life be like without a good blast of Bohemian Rhapsody now and then...or how could they POSSIBLY have a hit TV series called Life On Mars if Bowie had his arms and legs chopped off at birth?? (OK, Bowie is Bi, but thats besides the point!)
The point is, JTbo has got a SERIOUS social problem.

Not the sort of thing I condone.
At least have the ability to "live and let live".
Zoo's would be a good place for intolerant animals.
Is that all??? Its is if you read down the first lines!
Quote from JTbo :How long until having sex with young boys is ok? There is not much of difference really,Of course there is a difference between two consenting adults and the abuse of a minor, whether by a homosexual or normally orientated person maybe soon drugs are good thing, what is wrong with it some may like it, so it have to be acceptable?
So what is wrong with drugs?. So you won't be knocking a few beers back tonight with your butch friends will you - drugs is drugs after all.

In army and school group has always guided individuals to path of generally accepted ways and it has happened with violence and it still continues to happen, no matter how bluffy soft world you think you are living in.

I think you are living in a bubble with your "mates" and your outdated attitudes.
Quote from JTbo :There is not much of difference really

Better stop all those damn heterosexuals while we're ahead then. Before you know it sleeping with young girls will be acceptable.
I'm either imagining things or has JTbo made a massive tit of himself?
I don't see homosexuality as being a huge problem in either religion or society. true, the bible states very clearly and specifically that homosexuality is a sin, but there are only around 15 verses that are in reference to it. There are over 2000 verses concerning love for our fellow man another few thousand about following the commandments. The ratio makes homosexuality seem a little unimportant in the bible.

I'm thinking of a big change in how marriage works: the government can bind two (2) people for the money/taxes/etc. shit while it is the job of whatever church to marry those two people
flymike91: isn't that how marriages work now? you can either opt for a religious cermony or a civil one, at least in the uk you can. Civil = no religious stuff.
yea you're right. The problem is that the separation of church and state is a joke and many more conservative states consider the term marriage to be defined by the bible which means gays cannot legally bind themselves. That is why i believe the government should consider all couples to be domestic partners. The church can call them what they will.

Another problem is that homosexuals want orthodox christian marriages which to me seems kinda rude (on the part of homosexuals) and a slap in the face to the church for them to expect a christian marriage when it is obviously against their beliefs.
Quote from flymike91 :I don't see homosexuality as being a huge problem in either religion or society. true, the bible states very clearly and specifically that homosexuality is a sin,

That's within the same bits that contain Jewish dietary regulations. I wouldn't be surprised Westborough Baptist Church consume ham and cheese sandwiches during their blatant homophobia ...
Ahhh thanks for reminding me duke_toaster, been planning on watching that episode of Louis Theroux again, always funny. He has a way of showing people for what they are whilst still looking innocent :P

Flymike: I agree on the gays not being married in church, forcing the churchs to do that would be well forcing someone to do something, which is never good. But marriage in a civil ceremony should be allowed.
Quote from duke_toaster :That's within the same bits that contain Jewish dietary regulations.

Historically, the one usually referred to is 1st Corinthians 6:9 (NT epistle) http://www.blueletterbible.org ... verse=9&version=kjv#9

Apparently, in 17th century English it was translated as "effeminate," but I don't know what the Greek word means, and probably few do.

edit: and for the record, Acts (christian book) condones the eating of previously "unclean" meats.
I'm not defending anyone, but it's best to be accurate/informed.
I was referring to the mentions in Leviticus (probably a spelling mistake there), but there are more in the Old Testement. Whoever wrote the new testemant laid of the homophobia, though.
Sorry guys.. I couldn't take it any longer.. I've edited the typo out of the thread title!!
Quote from duke_toaster :I'm either imagining things or has JTbo made a massive tit of himself?

By saying I will not accept gays, not matter what you all are saying?

For me it looks here is only gays, not even single man that would have opinions of own.

I was ready to agree that gays have rights to their lifes, but no they started to demand more so because they have so much trouble of accepting situation that there are people that don't like them I'm forced to refine my view:

I hate gays and I'm proud of it, certainly I won't be any relationship in community full of them.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG