The online racing simulator
Should US allow polygamy for Islam & Mormonism?
polygyny is traditions of these religion, it is disrespect for them to ban polygyny.

For example, China is using Monogamy, but also allow polygyny for minority groups which are Muslim
#2 - JTbo
Well, not because religion, but other than that, what is logical reason behind banning it? Also if it is allowed, it should be allowed to all.

I think it is between those individuals who like to live in such family, can't see what there would be wrong or why it should be illegal in first place.

Must be some old religion based law to ban it in first place?
#3 - JTbo
Quote from U.S. Racer :There are reasons it's banned, and good reasons. Just recently 217 women and children were taken out of a Texas polygamist camp because the camp was abusing girls as young as 16.

How having several wifes is causing young girls being abused?

That is just absurd, imo.

Certainly there has been something else wrong...
Quote from JTbo :How having several wifes is causing young girls being abused?

That is just absurd, imo.

Certainly there has been something else wrong...

there were all evacuated i think, iirc. The guys where the ones making abuse, they didnt left the camp for their entire life (16yo girls etc) iiirc again, thats what i heard on the news.
And they were evacuated or taken off because one girl reported the abuse.
#5 - JTbo
Quote from chanoman315 :there were all evacuated i think, iirc. The guys where the ones making abuse, they didnt left the camp for their entire life (16yo girls etc) iiirc again, thats what i heard on the news.
And they were evacuated or taken off because one girl reported the abuse.

Yes, I know the story, still it has nothing to do with having several wifes, that is just brought up so some religious instances can say how bad it is to have several wifes.
Quote from JTbo :Yes, I know the story, still it has nothing to do with having several wifes, that is just brought up so some religious instances can say how bad it is to have several wifes.

oh wifes..... welll i cant have/want 2 wives..... it messes all up imo... tough i dont think i can love the same the two
Exactly, you can't but its your choice. Some would want 2 wives but why not let them have those 2 wives?
I am a muslim and I think having two wives is wrong. I don't mean any herecy to my religion but my ethics makes me think twice about that. In conclusion, no U.S shouldn't. I am a forward thinking 21st century individual and not a person living in the dark ages
Multi-marriages aren't intrinsically wrong imho, as long as everyone's a consenting adult - not my problem if a handful of halfwits want to dilute the gene pool or spend the rest of their lives wondering "does he/she love me more than the others?". What's wrong is when certain groups get special treatment and exemptions from the law for religious reasons. Everyone in a nation should follow the same laws and be penalised in the same way for breaking them.

So, either no polygyny for anybody for any reason, or: everyone gets to do it, regardless of religious beliefs, and every wife has to be of legal age, entering into it by choice. These Fundy Mormons in the states with their 15-year old wives make me sick.

Quote from anik360 :I am a forward thinking 21st century individual and not a person living in the dark ages

Obviously, going by your avatar
that gun scares the shit out of me
Your avatar's breasts scare me - they bounce any higher she'll give herself concussion
Quote from Hankstar :What's wrong is when certain groups get special treatment and exemptions from the law for religious reasons.

That's my objection to a law change. If there is a change and Polygyny becomes legal, it should be for everyone.

Heh.. this reminds me of an episode of Penn & Teller: Bullshit about love, and states that monogamy is actually nearly unique to the human race; only one other creature on Earth is monogamous, and that creature is going extinct.
Quote from JTbo :Well, not because religion, but other than that, what is logical reason behind banning it? Also if it is allowed, it should be allowed to all.

hm did you know most suicide bombers are perpetually single? i suppose having a few guys take all women off the market makes having 72 virgins all that more tempting
Hmm. How long can I bite my tongue about the Mormons?

Agh I've got too much work to do to screw this thread up. See you all tomorrow.
Quote from U.S. Racer :Just recently 217 women and children were taken out of a Texas polygamist camp because the camp was abusing girls as young as 16.

If I'm not mistaken, I think the latest number was over 400 children...
Quote from Stang70Fastback :If I'm not mistaken, I think the latest number was over 400 children...

yes they were 400... first there were like 200... then 400
Definition of the perfect man -

A man who earns more than his wife can spend.

Definition of the perfect woman -

A woman who can find such a man.

Personally I find frequently one woman is more than enough, we already live 10 years less, how much would polygymy reduce this by ???

I don't have any personal issues but I can think of several things I'd much rather legalise first. :bandit:
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hmm. How long can I bite my tongue about the Mormons?

Agh I've got too much work to do to screw this thread up. See you all tomorrow.

Both barrels Kev, don't be shy.
Quote from Racer X NZ :Definition of the perfect man -

A man who earns more than his wife can spend.

Definition of the perfect woman -

A woman who can find such a man.

Personally I find frequently one woman is more than enough, we already live 10 years less, how much would polygymy reduce this by ???

I don't have any personal issues but I can think of several things I'd much rather legalise first. :bandit:

+1 to that

One of the things that this polygamist sect was doing was rigging up their paperwork and committing welfare fraud. I think THAT was the main reason for the crackdown. I mean c'mon this is America. An abused teenager? please... take a number. but scamming money from the Gov't???? They'll act on that real quick.
The really sad thing about the authorities yanking those kids from that compound is that they're going to separate them from their parents (mothers too) and put them in foster care. I don't know what foster care is like elsewhere, but here in the US, it's mostly a bad thing. They were probably better off at the psycho ranch than what they're going to be now.
You know I don't really understand why the "spiritual leader" moved from the towns he originally had. I mean he controlled a vast region. when he moved, he was just a property owner. a crazy property owner, but still just a property owner.

I had a girlfriend whose brother got charged with bigamy. Apparently the rocket scientist forgot to get a divorce from the first wife when he married the second one. He didn't get jail time, but was hit with a pretty big fine and he had to pay civil damages to his ex.
Quote from Racer X NZ :

Yes, and then there's also the matter of one fresh pair of in-laws for each new wife you get. How much does that reduce your lifespan? One mother-in-law is enough for me, thank you very much :eek::scared:
In the US, polygamy has caused too many problems to keep around. Most polygamists have historically lived in communes or compounds in utah or oregon and have had problems with forcing minors to marry and have sex. It's like communism, seems fine on paper but nobody does it right.
Islam polygamy is simple their old cultural habits, legalised and justified by their made-up religion.
Quote from flymike91 :In the US, polygamy has caused too many problems to keep around. Most polygamists have historically lived in communes or compounds in utah or oregon and have had problems with forcing minors to marry and have sex. It's like communism, seems fine on paper but nobody does it right.

:monkey::uglyhamme:something

Oh man... you really are one of the best things on this forum... almost every post from you gets me rotfl really hard!
AFAIK the Mormons and the Muslims don't allow polyandry (= 1 wife, multiple husbands).
Or polygynandry (= one big loving family; far out, man! :hippy.

As long they don't wanna hear about that, they should shut up about polygyny.

Quote from hrtburnout :Islam polygamy is simple their old cultural habits, legalised and justified by their made-up religion.

... whereas monogamy isn't just a cultural habit but is ordained by our religion, which is not made up but is rock-solid, scientifically ...
Oh, never mind.
Sorry for OT

Anik360 - I want your avatar!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG