The online racing simulator
Serious Proposition
(15 posts, started )
#1 - Ilpav
Serious Proposition
I know these have been mentioned many times before but this is actually serious and the devs should ACTUALLY consider it. For S3, there should be more cars (10 more would be acceptable) and most of them should have bigger engines. There is a huge lack of big engines in road cars in LFS. There are too much 4-cylinders. I want to see more 6-cylinders, V8s, V10s, V/W12s and why not a V/W16 (Veyron )?

There are only two road cars with 6-cylinder engines currently (FZ50, LX6) and there should be more with even bigger engines and with more cylinders.

Agree?
It has been mentioned many times before and, from what I saw, everyone pretty much agreed with it all those other times too. More cars with more cylinders ... I doubt you'd get any objections around here
To be honest, a few smaller engined cars wouldnt go a-miss either

More UF1/XFG/XRG type cars, for those who arn't really bothered by the GTR's ?

Equinox

EDIT: Maybe some more along the lines of the FXO aswell, a turbocharged V6 saloon series, along with the V8's ?
I would rather see more cars in the low-medium end of the power spectrum...A couple more high powered cars would be nice, but the best races to be had are in the TBO class IMO...
We just need v8 supercars.... then everything will be alright, world peace etc.
sure there has to be more cars in S3, but i think the cars that will be added to s3, must look like real racers. touring cars ( 4 cilinders ) LMP ( v8/v10 ) one or two GTR's ( v6/v8 or v10 ) stockcars ( v8 ) and also some offroad like rally and CORR trucks/buggy

no more formula cars in my opinion! we have plenty of them now.
Hahahahaha, you like Veyrons. I can't take anyone seriously who likes them. Hahahahahaha

P.S. I want more cars, and more tracks too. And they will come. But I'm not so silly as to just ask for bigger engines or more power, because the most powerful car in LFS is the worst to race with.
#9 - Ilpav
Quote from tristancliffe :because the most powerful car in LFS is the worst to race with.

Yeah... if you can't handle the power.
#10 - SamH
Hmm.. just a pointer, for future reference.. "Serious Proposition" suggests that you have a serious proposition. Unless you have the rights to a car, such as you're suggesting, and are proposing to offer rights to the devs to use it, it's only a request for big-engined cars, not a proposition. Detail maybe, but important nonetheless
Quote from Ilpav :Yeah... if you can't handle the power.

I don't think that's got anything to do with it. Even the best drivers in the world struggle to actually race in it. I don't see how spotty kids on a PC are going to be much better at it.
Bah, Veyron. It was never meant as a race car, or even a serious road car.

It's a gigantic, expensive wank.

It's the 21st century - of course a 400+ kmh car is possible. Of course you can go really effing fast with a quad-turbo W16. After all, twin-turbo V8s go like a shower of shit - why not multiply that by two? The 400 km/h barrier wasn't a problem that needed to be solved, it was a point that someone wanted to prove. Where in the world has enough room for you to actually go 400 km/h? An enormous test track with only the barest hint of a corner. Anywhere else, the Veyron is a colossal, gimmicky, really bloody expensive DICK to wave around that doesn't even handle all that well. There are probably hundreds of sports cars one-tenth the price that can beat it around your average circuit. Hell, I'd race it around Mallala in my friend's tweaked S15 - if he hadn't already backed it into an embankment on a club cruise. Damned fool. I told him not to hang around with those ricer bogans.

It's not that I don't like pointless exercises done for the sheer hell of it, but the Veyron isn't a race car, was never intended to be one and doesn't belong in a race sim. Most of them will end up in private collections or auto museums and spend eternity being looked at. The Veyron is a museum piece. A million-pound paper-weight.
Quote from Ilpav :Yeah... if you can't handle the power.

Why do you think they bring back power and engine size in formula 1? why do you think they use restrictorplates in nascar? because otherwise these cars will be dangerously fast! do you realy think you can handle a 1000HP car? yes maybe 3 laps and then yr tires will hot as hell and handling in gone!

If this was a serious proposition.. why don't you ask for serious cars where u serious can race with?
The veryon was built just to say "Look at us, we made the fastest road legal car!" It's handeling characteristics suck so badly, I woulden't be caught driving it if you payed me.

The thing was made to go in a line, turning isn't even considered in a car that can do 400km/h.

Show me a video of one beating something other than a ricer around a track. Then I'll change my mind.
I didn't ask for a Veyron. I just asked for something like a Veyron with a big engine. I think it will be quite fun to drive a Veyron-like car in LFS because it will be fast and easy with it's 4WD. Anyway my "proposition" is for the devs to include bigger-engined street cars.

Serious Proposition
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG