The online racing simulator
My Blender Blend :) (Help)
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Migz
Here this is my first proper render. I had a few before this but that was just messing about with blender(although this one was still just messing about) and i know its not amazing compared to some of the stuff on this forum but meh. Im new to rendering.

Or Click http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8254/grainyyyaw1.jpg

It took so long rendering this that i fell asleep

But if you look at it closely its very grainy, why is this? Is there anyway to fix this?

And whats the best way to get the absolute best quality you can?

C&C Appreciated

Migz
it would of been OK but now it sux, you know why? Cos of those damn patches xD But yeah, if not for those patches it would of been pretty nice.
#3 - Migz
Quote from DevilDare :it would of been OK but now it sux, you know why? Cos of those damn patches xD But yeah, if not for those patches it would of been pretty nice.

Hmm what do you mean?
what have the patches done?

Edit: LMAO, sorry i thought you meant patches as in lfs patches xd. Like patch y ect. Didnt notice you meant the white bits.
If you want to keep the specular shading (the white patches) move the sun light orientation. I've put a special sun in the fourth layer because I've known this camera position screws up the render because of specular shading reflecting on the car's body. Nobody used it...

Now if the white patches are annoying remove the specular shading generation from the sun light or tweak the materials settings or ultimately set a better lightning configuration. Almost nobody done that too...

Quote :But if you look at it closely its very grainy, why is this? Is there anyway to fix this?

The grains are caused by ambient occlusion you've turned on probably accidentally. Go to the World menu and depress the "Ambient occlusion" button.
#5 - Migz
Ahah, yeah i didnt want the white patches all i wanted was some sort of nice reflection to show off the skin.
And yeah i just pressed alot of button so i probably did press that grain button

Ill try fixing it now

Btw thanks for making your ready to blend kit

Edit: Im just wondering but where is the wolrd menu?
Im rendering it anyway, becuase i didnt press lots of buttons this time so it shouldnt do it

Also your the blender expert? What settings should i set the render menu bit to to get highest quality? Or should i just set it to HD and that makes it as high as it can go?

Second Edit:

Heres my second try I stuffed up a bit though, i moved the floor further down, so theres a huge gap betwen the car and the reflection, and that white patch is still there :@ grrr!

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG