The online racing simulator
What I like about LFS in 6 seconds..
There are things that need improving, but there are also things that make LFS the only sim that I can connect to. Being a bit over the top doesn't scare me too much. I tried some F3 and GP2 Rfactor action and I just can't attack; there is little feel near the limit for whatever reason. With LFS I just 'do it' and stay alive.. Of course my laptime sucks after a moment but I can explore the 'limit region' a lot better than with any sim!

Vid attatched.. Can anyone do that 9 out of 10 times in RF? Is it just me or do we all agree?
Attached files
catch_lfs_slide_256kbs.zip - 246.3 KB - 329 views
#2 - ajp71
Not looked at the replay yet but remember alot of it can be to do with the setup, just look at the LXs some people just can't drive them, it's a mixture of learning the cars and tracks but also adjusting the setups to your liking, personally I always prefer understeer in RWD cars, much less dramatic and unlike a big slide understeer doesn't slow you very much just pushes you off line until you take action, the Redline GTP cars are lovely with a nice understeery set and although they were easy to drive IRL they are just so satisfying to drive and you either remain in control letting the car do what it wants or cock it up totally and have a big off. I can't stand this constant agressive countering of everything the car does and it isn't fast either.
I had once one almost 50 degree powerslide in westhill in F08 with 200kph and managed to "take it back". It happened with cold tires and in a race, didn't even hit anyone. It was certainly a frightening experience but it just shows that in real simulation you can do it Maybe I'll try to find the replay, but... if it wasn't a 50 degree @ 200kph you won't hear anything from me
Yeah i love LFS for this very reason. Cars like the FO8 are pretty twitchy at the limit, and being able to do that is very good. I cant even hold a slide in R Factor, but i can hold one in the FO8 at 180mph on the oval.

I dont know how the devs have done it, but its one of the few games ive ever played that actually give a proper feel to a game, you even know before the back end starts to slide its going to happen. With a game like LFS, that gives such a good experince, you dont give a suff about the sounds, or the bugs or anything, it all goes out the window. Every game ive played, even GTR feels arcade and dull compared to LFS.

LFS really is going to be the daddy when its complete as long as they dont fiddle it too much.
It's the least gamey race sim i've ever played, i'm prolly gonna get called a fanboy or something like that but it still gets me every time i run it. nothing else comes close. bollocks to rFactor et al
The opposite of this is that you can also drift the F08... which leads to the tyre grip problem.
#7 - Goop
I had my LFS epiphany while playing GTL tonite - I just can't feel it. I can't feel the engine, I can't feel how much grip there is... I can't hear what the engine is doing - I just can't feel the car. Maybe my failing but in LFS I can.

:woohoo: for LFS :up:
Quote from Goop :I had my LFS epiphany while playing GTL tonite - I just can't feel it. I can't feel the engine, I can't feel how much grip there is... I can't hear what the engine is doing - I just can't feel the car. Maybe my failing but in LFS I can.

:woohoo: for LFS :up:

if only the nordschelife would make it to lfs...i only play gtl cuz of that
Quote from Barroso :if only the nordschelife would make it to lfs...i only play gtl cuz of that

If only indeed sir. I still play GTR for that very reason, the nordschleife. I wish the guys at LFS would allow just one custom track tp be worked on by the community and added to the game. It would add an amazing new dimension to the sim as the skill and maturity levels of the LFS community would allow for some of the best multiplayer experiences available on the ring.

Check this out Barroso - http://www.bmw.com/generic/com ... pdf/bmwm_nordschleife.pdf
Quote from Bramski :It would add an amazing new dimension to the sim as the skill and maturity levels of the LFS community would allow for some of the best multiplayer experiences available on the ring.

Only in closed leagues, buddy, only in closed leagues.
#11 - Vain
It was often discussed that the community would make a head-stand and sacrifice virgins in the name of the devs if the Ring would ever come to LFS. But I think it's good to remember them .

Vain
Quote from spankmeyer :Only in closed leagues, buddy, only in closed leagues.

Indeed. Can you imagine the chorus of votes to restart, just as you get to Flugplatz or so?
#13 - Vain
Oh my holyness! I wanted to write a completely different reply but then I thought of endurance races in LFS on the Ring and I'm stunned in awe!
We definitely need the 24h of Nürburg!
I shouldn't forget to breathe...

Vain
Quote from Barroso :if only the nordschelife would make it to lfs...i only play gtl cuz of that

Only problem with that is if you get the nordschelife there will be hundreds of Aussies screaming for Bathurst! Bathurst is a religion here
I'm a man of compromise.. Nurby and Bathurst both then?
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :I'm a man of compromise.. Nurby and Bathurst both then?

If you get Bathurst and the 'ring I want Mosport and Mexico from GPL!
Oh how I would love Mosport. Home track

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG