The online racing simulator
disable reset
(12 posts, started )
disable reset
I've played a little online, but at the moment I am concentrating and enjoying racing every track with every car offline.

However, it would be more enjoyable/interesting if resets could be disabled, so if I or the AI mash the wall we have to go the pits for repairs, rather than be reset facing the right way. Especially as it seems the AI have the ability to reset before they are stationary too.

Can this be fixed in the next patch?
it would be nice to have this option for leagues.
Yes, please. Too often I've had someone reset himself right in front of me on the racing line -- when you're at first place fighting off number two and three behind you in a reasonably long race, it isn't something you wish for.
This would be helpfull, too many bans given out for "wreckers" who were just people that crashed and hit the reset button.
OR, maybe the reset could simply take you to the pits, rather then straight back onto the track?
Quote from TravisS :OR, maybe the reset could simply take you to the pits, rather then straight back onto the track?

because the devs havent quite figured out how to get the time continuum time travel coding to work .. yet .... (old RSC joke)
In arcade games you are reseted being a phantom, you are transparent for the other cars, maybe it can be helpfull
#8 - ekze
I think better just add option to disable reset car on server. No phantoms in lfs, please...
I also agree that if you are not able to get to the pits on your own, race is over.
Resetting the car seems quite out of place in LSF. Also, the Wreckers would have a harder time if they would drop out of race after the first unfriendly bump.
Quote from ekze :I think better just add option to disable reset car on server. No phantoms in lfs, please...

Yes I agree with you, no doubt. Only is an idea, something for be improved...

Quote from ColeusRattus :I also agree that if you are not able to get to the pits on your own, race is over.

Agree with you too, but we can not forget that it is a game, and this kind of reality just will give us some frustation often. I think that if the reset is only able 20 sec after the crash, people will no use like a fast system to reset the car after a "parking" in the grass
Quote from ColeusRattus :the Wreckers would have a harder time if they would drop out of race after the first unfriendly bump.

Seems fair to me, with all the damage fixable in the pitstops it's not as harsh as some sims.
Would all those who agree with disabling the reset then surely your also for disabling the ability to go directly to the pits during league races.

If so then please add your support to the following thread http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=434

Thanks

disable reset
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG