The online racing simulator
Mad Dash... "The Battle"
(21 posts, started )
Mad Dash... "The Battle"
Okay quick background, this is my second ever video, so let me know what you think... Its a single lap around South City with three racers battling it out neck and neck, while we were practicing for the Head-to-Head events next weekend. I did not win, but I consider the three of us winners for the battle we all endured!

You-Tube (Hi)
You-Tube (Lo)
nice vid, awesome racing
LOL, calling this "The Battle," is putting it lightly. What a race.
Great.
too bad that the actual action was the only thing good in this movie, and you didn't even bother to show it better
Quote from squidhead :too bad that the actual action was the only thing good in this movie, and you didn't even bother to show it better

Do you have an issue? Do you think you're god, and no one else can make videos? At least if you give critisism, make sure it's constructive.

P.S. That looked like a pretty intense race.
Heh was there watching the race. Great race :P and Kenneth got lucky there :P If there was just an extra 10m he probably would have lost.

Tbh, I liked the movie aswell. Good job.
Quote from squidhead :too bad that the actual action was the only thing good in this movie, and you didn't even bother to show it better

Ouch! That's a bit of a harsh one there... What exactly did you find bad about this video? (this is blackbird's second video btw)
#9 - kaynd
Squid is allergic to standard (game's default) cameras. (helicopter cam, car following cam , drivers eye cam etc)

Well the shots might not be great but they are enough to transfer the tense of the battle.
Nice action
TBH, I liked the heli cam he used and such. I think the main point was to show the close race
The helicam was not bad in generall. It could be better having more zoom to the action and being better controlled by hand, not just following a car.
The same applies to any default camera.

Just to clarify that, camera decisions weren’t completely wrong, the video could be better with some more effort.

FIRST - Its my second video ever like I stated, I feel there are some minor issues but I don't really see any huge issues in comparison to my first video and I felt I displayed the action how I wanted to...

Second. How would you propose I could have shown the action better? I had a reason for almost every camera shot I chose and felt that it displayed the action of the replay... On turn 1 there is a very slight bump, and I wanted to hide it a bit. So I chose that camera angle that had the trees in front so nobody would notice the tiny bump between the racers, yet it still captures the moment. There are plenty of other action shots as well, like the driver being pressured and checking his mirror as the other made a move on him. What action did you miss, I can think of two spots were I could have shown a better camera angle, although one of them was just because I had the "blimp" cam put on the wrong car and the other cars were at the edge of the screen, I can't say there was real action going on here since the cars were just following each other. The one that I could have fixed, and really thought about fixing was the chase cam coming out of the chicane. This is the one spot where it missed the action on the other two cars and I didn't realize that until I was editing all the captured videos. As for the other action, there is a spot I hid again, not for any particular reason besides I really enjoyed the camera twisting and it gave a magical feel; after the mirror shot it jumps into the blimp which twists around the turn with the cars, and as the cars go under the bridge their positions change drastically. Yet it was only a split second, so its like the rabbit came from thin air!

Third. Here is the replay, make it better yourself and capture "more" action. I know it can be done so I am expecting top notch stuff here because you have made FAR more movies than I have... At the very least come back with something better than show more action, from my desk right now I am screaming at my monitor, "HOW DO I SHOW MORE ACTION!" I can see, like I said, some minor adjustments that would show "more action" but I don't think it killed the video... anyway there you go
Attached files
TheBattle.mpr - 102.6 KB - 171 views
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Ouch! That's a bit of a harsh one there... What exactly did you find bad about this video? (this is blackbird's second video btw)

I don't think it's harsh, since this vid is way off the "Look at this great battle" theme.
The sound levels are very off, so I actually turned the sound off. but the main problem is the camera work

The action is tight and I actually would rather see it from a chasecam of the last vehicle in the race (well, the last one crashed in this race, so the next last one). What we got is "some cars driving and having a battle over there, behind that fence, so far away that you can see dots" mixed with regular LFS camera positions. and that's my main beef with this movie, If he has shown us that he CAN give us custom camera positions, why didn't he actually use that ability to show the action better? And then there's a special effect in the end... well... two actually.

The movie could be VERY GOOD to watch if the author would spend more time with it, but he didn't.
I try to see what the movie is supposed to be like before making a verdict, and this one is still a puzzle to me.
It's not a good frapsed replay with great action
It's not a nicely edited video by looking at which you get eyecandy
It's definetly not a masterpiece with great editing AND great action

there is another category in my mind that this movie actually fits, and sadly enough, it's "bad movies"

Quote from DaveWS :Do you have an issue? Do you think you're god, and no one else can make videos? At least if you give critisism, make sure it's constructive.

why does every tit think "If I shout at Squid telling him to "shut up" it will make my penis grow" lately?

Let me just answer in 3 easy to understand answers, since you don't actually look like you are informed...

1. No I don't have an issue, I say what I think, and if I think something is shite, I say it's shite. I don't sugarcoat it like if we were living in a yoghurt commercial.

2. No I am not god, and No I am not the only one who can make good movies, and there are people who can make better movies than me. If you actually tried to read and to pay at least some atention to this forum you would find that I actually do make positive comments on movies, the problem is there are NOT ENOUGH GOOD MOVIES which leads to MORE BAD COMMENTS THAN GOOD.

3. When I start making lists of mistakes people get offended even more since if I say "SHITE" it's only one word, if I make a list of 10 mistakes, it's a whole essay, which somehow offends people even more.

Quote from blackbird04217 :FIRST - Its my second video ever like I stated

Fair enough, It's decent for a second vid

Quote from blackbird04217 :Second. How would you propose I could have shown the action better?

Depends on what you try to show, if you want people to see the battle - you give the replay or you fraps the replay. If you want people to be entertained, you add dramatic camera angles, extreme close ups of tight situations and so on.

Quote from blackbird04217 :Third. Here is the replay, make it better yourself and capture "more" action. I am screaming at my monitor, "HOW DO I SHOW MORE ACTION!"

You don't show "more action" you "show the action better"
if you insist - I will make this replay into a movie
Whether you want to make the replay into a movie is up to you, your free time and totally your choice. I put it there so you could. I would watch it and hopefully learn a thing or two about showing the action better. Maybe I got caught up with the camera on the bridge I just couldn't help it since it gave me the feeling of being a kid, throwing something off the side of a bridge into the water, than running to the other side to keep watching it. And it wouldn't have made sense to do it much different, also there wasn't the best of all action during the first stretch, sure the cars got into their initial line ups going into T1, and in T1 it mixed up a bit due to a slight bump and three people racing so close...

My main point was I wanted more info on why it is included in the "Bad Movie" category. I didn't want to over do the effects which I felt I added the right amount of spice without going overboard... Most of my cameras were placed by me, a few weren't chase cam, two in boards and the two blimps... But I guess I will work on that for when I do make another video...
WOW! :eye-poppi
What a race! :eye-poppi
(That's all I can say, really..)
Quote from squidhead :why does every tit think "If I shout at Squid telling him to "shut up" it will make my penis grow" lately?

What? Putting words in my mouth? I'm happy with my penis as it is thanks.

Quote :Let me just answer in 3 easy to understand answers, since you don't actually look like you are informed...

1. No I don't have an issue, I say what I think, and if I think something is shite, I say it's shite. I don't sugarcoat it like if we were living in a yoghurt commercial.

2. No I am not god, and No I am not the only one who can make good movies, and there are people who can make better movies than me. If you actually tried to read and to pay at least some atention to this forum you would find that I actually do make positive comments on movies, the problem is there are NOT ENOUGH GOOD MOVIES which leads to MORE BAD COMMENTS THAN GOOD.

3. When I start making lists of mistakes people get offended even more since if I say "SHITE" it's only one word, if I make a list of 10 mistakes, it's a whole essay, which somehow offends people even more.

1. Unfortunately hurling abuse at people just because you "think something is shite" isn't going to make you popular with anyone on this planet.

2/3. Either make constructive critisism or simply don't comment at all. Unless of course putting other people's down work inflates your ego, and makes you feel better that is.
Quote from DaveWS :1. Unfortunately hurling abuse at people just because you "think something is shite" isn't going to make you popular with anyone on this planet

I'm not here for popularity, i'm here to tell you what's shite
First...the action is ok and if it's really your second video, it looks very good and i see you tryed to use diferent POV's.

Second, i must agree with Squidhead that some diferent camera choices would be better to show or even increase the action theme.

Last but not least, as i said before in other words, Squidhead is like....you know...like the name of that movie...." Necessary evil " ... is the guy that when we do a movie always tell's you the truth....and sometimes.... like a big actor once said.... " You can't handle the truth ", or in this case, we.
What i mean is, when we put our work for other to see and talk about, as we just finished doing something that involves some sort of creation or artistic work, we are almost every time very ansious, proud and sensible about opinions and criticism.
Squidhead is not always the smoothness on his reply's , but it's one of the best tip guy on the block... and.....the non barbie world, cut to the chase reply's of his just makes me laugh!!
We got alot of great guys that support and easly enjoy our work, and one that just tell you like it is.....no editing or effects.
I promisse you that when you put your 10th ,15th and soo on video here, one of the replys you will be looking for, will be his.
Keep them coming.

Btw....thanks to this treath i had a really great idea!! ...coming soon.
Lol, I would like to know your great idea and I actually encourage people to pick things apart as long as they give reasoning, and ideas on how it can be fixed in the future... The only thing I am complaining about was squids first post saying nothing except the action was in the race but not the video . . . There was no reason behind this until his second post which enlightened me, and will be a thought I put into in the next video if/when I get to it.
That race was incredible
Quote from FOX 1977 :
What i mean is, when we put our work for other to see and talk about, as we just finished doing something that involves some sort of creation or artistic work, we are almost every time very ansious, proud and sensible about opinions and criticism.

Squidhead is not always the smoothness on his reply's

+1

Mad Dash... "The Battle"
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG