The online racing simulator
Will system restore get rid of a keylogger virus?
Well its all in the name realy, I got a keylogger a while ago and had no luck getting rid of it with any antivirus (AVG|SPYBOT|AD-AWARE|COMMODO Firewall scanner) Im just interested will system restoring well before when i got it fix this?
If not is there anything i can do? :/
I had the same thing and tried to restore. It partially worked but now they all come back! Give it a go, it just can't be worse.
sytem restore restores only the system core, drivers and registry IIRC, so other data like a virus while still be there, even if inactive
Best thing to do - Format...
Quote from mcgas001 :Best thing to do - Format...

Im begining to realise this may be my only option, but by format how is it ment? just reinstall windows? format my windows drive (programs an all?) then reinstall. Or just format both drives and reinstall windows and start from scratch?
Quote from jimaxx :Im begining to realise this may be my only option, but by format how is it ment? just reinstall windows? format my windows drive (programs an all?) then reinstall. Or just format both drives and reinstall windows and start from scratch?

If you feel over carefull 2nd option, If possible you can still backup your data to a spare hdd and put that back on the pc after it is rebuild and firewall (if any) and anti virus are installed and updated and spare drive checked for the annoying stuff.
Quote from three_jump :If you feel over carefull 2nd option, If possible you can still backup your data to a spare hdd and put that back on the pc after it is rebuild and firewall (if any) and anti virus are installed and updated and spare drive checked for the annoying stuff.

Ok thanks Ill look up on google how to do this while i have my xp disc handy, can i just ask does anyone know: What is the chance of me still having the keylogger after this? a
WEll I had mgrs.exe spoolvs.exe and many more virii! I used RegRun Reanimator to delete the virus (all you need to know is the virus' name!!)
#9 - arco

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG