The online racing simulator
Custom RC Buggy
(54 posts, started )
Using a valve to close the exhaust off removes a lot of the advantages a two stroke has of simplicity and and lightness and may well become the limiting factor in how highly it can rev. It seems completely pointless to me and not an alternative to a better engine. Possibly a very well designed supercharged 4 stroke that was very light and able to rev very highly might be able to get close to the current two strokes, but it would require very precise and well thought out engineering to get it there, on a level which no small capacity high output engines are currently designed and built and would be complete overkill.

Quote from harjun :
How does 2 engines help more than 1 engine, obviously there will be more overall bhp, and torque (?)...

Nice to see Daddy's got his check book out again. Two engines will be a hindrance unless you can synchronize them together properly, which I'd suggest requires to much patience, testing and intelligence for you.
Quote from ajp71 :
Nice to see Daddy's got his check book out again. Two engines will be a hindrance unless you can synchronize them together properly, which I'd suggest requires to much patience, testing and intelligence for you.

for future reference of teasing me, it's Cheque book, not check book...

As for two engines, i've seen the pictures, the manifold is turned to the other side, and the clutch is on the central diff...so you have two engines turning the diff...i'm sure its not hard, if you have a twin engine supportive chassis....its not hard.
YAY, another Harjun thread.
Quote from The General Lee :YAY, another Harjun thread.

Just get out ok...no one wants you here, you know nothing about this...

Guys, i think i'm gonna go for the force engine, its just that i got no money lol, although it is my birthday at the end of may
Quote from Hyperactive :I'd guess that the supercharger won't add much boost, the air going into the carb isn't probably much more dense that it already is without it. It will work, or at least run with a charger kit but you get a lot more power by buying a better engine. Put a .32 or bigger engine instead of buying charger kits. Putting two engines will probably require lot of building of which I'm almost sure you are uncapable of, harjun. And more power will just break more things .

Imho, any of these qould be better option: http://www.jespares.com/radio- ... ines/.30-.32-engines.html

I'd probably go with STS or Axial but don't take my word for it

Thanks for the website, it's good

But which is the best engine, i see force engine is the cheapest, which i need, and is very good...people told me force is the best
get a turbo jet engine. with after burner
Quote from Luke.S :get a turbo jet engine. with after burner

hey, you're really not helping, how the hell is it gonna accellerate?
it will go super sonic.
Quote from harjun :how the hell is it gonna accellerate?

Well Concorde didn't seem to have too much of a problem accelerating with it's turbojet engines...
Quote from STROBE :Well Concorde didn't seem to have too much of a problem accelerating with it's turbojet engines...

yeh, there's a difference having 4 HUGE turbo jet engines...then one little engine on a 4Kg buggy
and rc (model) engine with supercharger? never seen that before.. (been in the rc [car] hobby for 8 years now..)
Quote from harjun :yeh, there's a difference having 4 HUGE turbo jet engines...then one little engine on a 4Kg buggy

i ment get a real turbo jet for it.
Tbh, harjun, there are dozens of good rc sites amd forums which are specialized on this kind of stuff. They have actual experience on these matters. Googling will find you a lot of sites too. Unless this is another harjuned thread...?

And if money is no problem, just write a list and send daddy to do some shopping for you...
Quote from harjun :
As for two engines, i've seen the pictures, the manifold is turned to the other side, and the clutch is on the central diff...so you have two engines turning the diff...i'm sure its not hard, if you have a twin engine supportive chassis....its not hard.

If they don't run at the same speed they'll be detrimental because the energy from one engine will be spent accelerating the other and creating extra torsion in your prop shaft.

Quote from harjun :hey, you're really not helping, how the hell is it gonna accellerate?

For future reference when your trying to be smart (which your not), you should start a sentence with a capital letter. It is also accelerate, not accelllllllllllllllerate...
Harjun...

Just stick a JATO on it. If it doesn't accelerate then...you KNOW something's ****ed up
Quote from ajp71 :For future reference when your trying to be smart (which your not), you should start a sentence with a capital letter. It is also accelerate, not accelllllllllllllllerate...

It's also you're :P
Quote from harjun :what has rc buggys got to do with licking bricks...? wierdo.

It has nothing to do with RC buggies. It has to do with replying to Shotglass, hence the reason I quoted him....
Harjun, if you still have the XT2, i would recomend modifying that. I have got the same one, and have had it since last christmas. Its a great model. I done a little modding after running the engine in, that was taking two shims of the top of the engine block, which improves performance a fair bit, and i also modified the exhaust a little too.

I would'nt reccomend putting on two engines and superchargers mate, its a waste of money, and with the added weight, things like off roading and jumps wont be as fun as they used to be. I would reccomend either buying a new air filter, exhaust and fuel lines for the XT2, or just get a better air filter and exhaust. Also making sure you have the mixture right (dependent on your fuel) is essential too.

I cant check EXACTLY what mixture it is as im away from home until monday, but after i used the running in fuel, i stuck in racing fuel. I believe the mixture is something like 25% nitro and 10% oil. Its quite expensive, but well worth it. I was amazed by the difference .

On the running in fuel, it was very unresponsive, smoky and slow. Now, on the racing fuel and after tweaking the air/fuel mixture, everytime i floor it, the back squats down, and the front wheels wheelspin .

Theres also no more smoke, and its alot more responsive.

Instead of building your own buggy harjun, i would recomend buying another pre-built model, and just buying little bits and bobs for it, or buy another XT2 and modify that. It will save buying suspension parts as the XT2 already has adjustable rebound/damping/gears/LSD/Anti roll bars/tyres/camber/brake discs/ and much more!

Oh well, PM me or send me a mail if you need any more help or info.

Good luck with it all!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :

Shouldn't there always be just a little bit of smoke? Not as much that you'll notice the engine running rich, but no smoke at all means it's running rather lean, which shouldn't be all that great for your engine.
Quote from Hyperactive :Tbh, harjun, there are dozens of good rc sites amd forums which are specialized on this kind of stuff. They have actual experience on these matters. Googling will find you a lot of sites too. Unless this is another harjuned thread...?

And if money is no problem, just write a list and send daddy to do some shopping for you...

i see what you mean, i can't even afford to buy the £100 Force .32 engine, but it is my birthday coming up at the end of May, where relatives give a bit of cash, and it adds up, so maybe i can have 2 force engines!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Harjun, if you still have the XT2, i would recomend modifying that. I have got the same one, and have had it since last christmas. Its a great model. I done a little modding after running the engine in, that was taking two shims of the top of the engine block, which improves performance a fair bit, and i also modified the exhaust a little too.

I would'nt reccomend putting on two engines and superchargers mate, its a waste of money, and with the added weight, things like off roading and jumps wont be as fun as they used to be. I would reccomend either buying a new air filter, exhaust and fuel lines for the XT2, or just get a better air filter and exhaust. Also making sure you have the mixture right (dependent on your fuel) is essential too.

I cant check EXACTLY what mixture it is as im away from home until monday, but after i used the running in fuel, i stuck in racing fuel. I believe the mixture is something like 25% nitro and 10% oil. Its quite expensive, but well worth it. I was amazed by the difference .

On the running in fuel, it was very unresponsive, smoky and slow. Now, on the racing fuel and after tweaking the air/fuel mixture, everytime i floor it, the back squats down, and the front wheels wheelspin .

Instead of building your own buggy harjun, i would recomend buying another pre-built model, and just buying little bits and bobs for it, or buy another XT2 and modify that. It will save buying suspension parts as the XT2 already has adjustable rebound/damping/gears/LSD/Anti roll bars/tyres/camber/brake discs/ and much more!

Oh well, PM me or send me a mail if you need any more help or info.

Good luck with it all!

hmm, yes...cool to see someone has the same model, i have done a few mods, bought new servos, more responsive...got a new racing exhaust, and air filter, but i'm really after that force .32 engine, don't you think its alright for the xtm?
By the way, your running it too lean, there should be a little bit of blue smoke, actualy, quite a lot. Just see this link, VERY VERY great vid,
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l0XIdH0qtDc
RC is one of the more expensive hobbies you can have. You won't be good with just buying two engines... there'll be a lot more to spend money on. But hey, who cares anyway...
Quote from jibber :RC is one of the more expensive hobbies you can have. You won't be good with just buying two engines... there'll be a lot more to spend money on. But hey, who cares anyway...

Tell me about it lol well into the thousands i spent on my kyosho 1/8th just one spares but worth it

Custom RC Buggy
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG