The online racing simulator
Slow at Aston National
(7 posts, started )
Slow at Aston National
I have been racing at Aston National on the [CD] servers and I just cant seem to keep up with most of the other drivers. I believe that I am driving a good line and have a fairly decent setup but I still am stuck in the 1:47:00 and 1:48:00 range which isnt very good. Heres a replay of a few laps that I did at Aston National any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Attached files
BaDfiSH07_AS3_FZR_14701.spr - 144.7 KB - 137 views
I'm unable to see the replay now (at work) but how experienced are you with the GTR-class cars? The filename suggests you're driving the FZR.

When I started out racing on CD-1 I also started with the FZR, which was a mistake.... try the FXR first and once comfortable with the FXR move on to the FZR. The FZR is undoubtly the fastest GTR car in LFS on most combo's, but it's quite difficult to drive. The FXR, being 4WD, is easier to drive and a good allrounder to start with.
U are going too slow on corners..
I'll take a vid of my driving, it isn't so good but its better than that..
Imo, ur setup sucks ass

Hotlapping.spr
Attached files
Hotlapping.spr - 68 KB - 389 views
Quote from Dimitry Gerards :I'm unable to see the replay now (at work) but how experienced are you with the GTR-class cars? The filename suggests you're driving the FZR.

When I started out racing on CD-1 I also started with the FZR, which was a mistake.... try the FXR first and once comfortable with the FXR move on to the FZR. The FZR is undoubtly the fastest GTR car in LFS on most combo's, but it's quite difficult to drive. The FXR, being 4WD, is easier to drive and a good allrounder to start with.

First off, thanks for the replies guys! As far as experience goes im fairly new to S2 but I feel that I have decent control over the FZR. I have tried the XRR and FXR but I like the FZR alot more, plus im a big porsche fan . Anyway let me know what you think Dimitry when you get a chance to view the video.

Quote from Tomba(Fin) :U are going too slow on corners..
I'll take a vid of my driving, it isn't so good but its better than that..
Imo, ur setup sucks ass

Attachment 52874

Thanks for the vid I see now that I am slow in the corners. I'm currently working on a better setup as well but thanks for the reply Tomba(Fin) .
Hi!

I would like to correct some points that you guys made. IMO you are going at a good speed in the corners. Atleast in a higher speed then Tomba in his replay, if i'd had to guess your setups problem it would be you have too much downforce. That track is mainly straight so you don't need the downforce, if you compare these two replays you can see that you are clearly losing in straight speeds. In the main straight about 20km/h and in the uphill section 15km/h and that is hurting your time. Your braking point for the first corner is also later then the usual braking point. Cornering was fine so the problem is straights.
Thanks Jouman I noticed this as well some of the guys pull away from me on the straights. I'm in the process of making a new setup so I will keep the downforce in my thanks for the advice .
Go here for set up's :

http://www.setupgrid.net/

They are all current patch Y sets and are capable of getting pretty close to WR times, start with the Endurance sets as they may be more forgiving

All the best and I'll see you on track soon

Slow at Aston National
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG