The online racing simulator
Marine Throws himself on grenade to save mates
Pesky commandos - now the Taleban won't want any more of my quality grenades. And since he jumped on it, he won't have even been able to see the word "Bang!" unfurl. That just ruins the whole effect.
whoa, hero
wow....
Unbeliveable
He deserved that honor mark for that.
But considering he's from Birmingham, he may ahve being doing that since he was a nipper.

*runs and hides*
5 kg of ceramic plates in the armor vest - seal of approval.
#8 - 5haz
Awww cmon, he didnt know it was going to leave him with only a bloody nose did he? Wether the grenade would have killed him or not, it shows that he was willing to give his life to save others.

Mackie, lmao
I bet the booby-trap IED was in a can of lager and he was simply thirsty from all the chips back in base earlier.

'Oi chaps say is that a can of lager? ME FIRST!'
I think he just tripled over

And spanky's joke does not work anyway... why would he had:
Quote :...jumped on to the device to absorb the force of the explosion with his backpack

if it was a can of lager?
Yeah yeah, joke all you want, but i know i'd never do anything like that.

This guys a chuffin hero..

.. or suicidal

Quote from Hyperactive :I think he just tripled over

And spanky's joke does not work anyway... why would he had:

if it was a can of lager?

What if he was fighting back the rest of his squadmates and fell over?
Quote from Mazz4200 :Yeah yeah, joke all you want, but i know i'd never do anything like that.

This guys a chuffin hero..

.. or suicidal

If you have ever worked with commando's or Marines it's usually the latter Won't find a closer knit or better bunch of people though and if I was in their situations they would be the ones to have next to me, thats for sure =)
What? No youtube video?
well, apart from the guy being fearless... or maybe plain suicidal...I don't know...

HOW PATHETIC WAS THAT GRENADE?
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :If you have ever worked with commando's or Marines it's usually the latter Won't find a closer knit or better bunch of people though and if I was in their situations they would be the ones to have next to me, thats for sure =)

Personally I'd rather have a bunch of extremely fat people next to me. For blast absorption, and because they run slower.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Personally I'd rather have a bunch of extremely fat people next to me. For blast absorption, and because they run slower.

lol that works too =)
I'm guessing he's not getting the Victoria Cross just for jumping on a nade, but who knows. I mean much respect to him, but compared to what others did to get the VC, that was easy.

One example:
Quote :
Chavasse was first awarded the VC for his actions on August 9, 1916, at Guillemont, France when he attended to the wounded all day under heavy fire, frequently in view of the enemy; during the night, he continued searching for wounded in front of the enemy's lines. Next day, under heavy shell fire, he and a stretcher bearer carried an urgent case 500 yards to safety, being wounded himself during the journey. The same night, with 20 volunteers, he rescued three wounded men from a shell-hole 36 yards from enemy trenches, buried the bodies of two officers and collected many identity discs. Altogether he saved the lives of some 20 wounded men.

Quote from kurent :I'm guessing he's not getting the Victoria Cross just for jumping on a nade, but who knows. I mean much respect to him, but compared to what others did to get the VC, that was easy.

The times have changed, people went soft, I wouldn't be surprised if an American would get a medal for valor for bravely marching 8 meters to his fridge to get a beer, and returning safely to his chair in front of TV while dying of exhaustion...
It's much more heroic than what they do on their "bring democracy to countries rich with oir resources" missions
Quote from kurent :I'm guessing he's not getting the Victoria Cross just for jumping on a nade, but who knows. I mean much respect to him, but compared to what others did to get the VC, that was easy.

One example:

The guy in your example just over did it If he just wanted the medal he could have stopped after the first guy he rescued after being wounded!

No youtube video.. They videotape every fart they let over there, but when something exciting happens noooo..
Quote from squidhead :(...)
It's much more heroic than what they do on their "bring democracy to countries rich with oir resources" missions

Don't confuse politics with the state of the army. If there is one thing you can't say to the USA is that they have a "soft" army. Even with all the information warfare and air support they still need tough grunts on the ground and they certantly have them especially in special forces. What kind of an army do you think you get if you pump >200 billion dollars per year into it??

And the difference between american special forces and alot of other countries special forces is that the american ones aren't psychos, well, the majority aren't. (russian spetnaz anyone? their tactic: shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more then grab a beer)
I can't believe they're even discussing whether the guy deserves the medal or not. It takes some massive melon-sized balls of depleted uranium to jump on a grenade without thinking about the consequences. Seriously, how many people do you know whose first reaction would be to run towards the thing?

When it's not your time, it's really not your time.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG