The online racing simulator
Looking for the name of a movie........
(18 posts, started )
The basic story starts off that a guy wakes up and he's the only person around. the city is empty. slowly he runs into 1 or 2 more people and they seem to be the only people remaining.

eventually we find out that "mad scientists" did some sort of experiment that sent some sort of energy wave across the earth and the only people who remained on the planet (or the copy of the planet in this alternate dimension) were the ones that died at the exact moment this wave happened.

if i remember correctly, one of the survivors was being drowned in a river by someone else.

does ANYONE have ANY clue what the name of this movie is?

Thanks all,

speedfreak227
-
(Thunderhead) DELETED by Thunderhead : lol
#2 - kirmy
sounds a bit like 28 days later maybe?
I'd like to know the name too, sounds interesting!
Quote from kirmy :sounds a bit like 28 days later maybe?

Nah that movie involved a highly infectious virus turning people into zombies....
#5 - Jakg
Quote from kirmy :sounds a bit like 28 days later maybe?

In 28 Days Later you don't find anyone until quite a way into the film at the same time you find a shedloada Zombies - plus no-one in 28 Days Later no-one drowns.

I don't know what this film is called, but could it be "Omega Man"? Theres another film like "I Am Legend" from the 70's, too, but I can't remember it.
it's not omega man. it's from the early 80's i think though. and "i am legend" is a complete copy of the omega man.

and there aren't zombies, there's NOBODY but these few people left.

keep trying, ask friends i need to know

speedfreak227
#7 - VoiD
Sounds like "Quit Earth" imo.. very good movie btw...

Quote from speedfreak227 :if i remember correctly, one of the survivors was being drowned in a river by someone else.

not sure about it... As I recall the movie I see a person in a nightie driving a bulldozer
Sound like the right movie, plot summary says died at the moment...
YES! QUIET EARTH!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!
#10 - VoiD
No problem m8
Interesting..."Quiet Earth" is the name of a cafe in my neighbourhood that does insanely good pizza Not sure they named themselves after a post-apocalyptic movie though.
#12 - VoiD
The movie plays in New Zealand (spelled correctly?) ...after the effect.
Although i didn't remember the name of it i did see this years and years ago. It's not a bad movie to be honest, not great, but not bad. The one thing i do remember is the guy nicks a bright red Corvette and blasts it round the city. Well, wouldn't you !

I'm quite into the post apocalyptic type of movie. And I've been meaning to see "I am Legend" but never got round to it, it must be better than the original Chuck Heston film !?!

Anyway, here a great little short from dailymotion. It's in HD and widescreen. Enjoy http://www.dailymotion.com/hd/ ... ent-city-in-hd_shortfilms
I thought it might have been I Am Legened...
#15 - Jakg
Quote from Mazz4200 :Anyway, here a great little short from dailymotion. It's in HD and widescreen. Enjoy http://www.dailymotion.com/hd/ ... ent-city-in-hd_shortfilms

Wow that is bloody good!

I totally expected that to be a trailer for a proper blockbuster, shame it's not

Click the picture to download the full 347 MB HiDef version. Go on.

This guy has made stuff like various ads for Canadian Milk, Thorntons etc.

Now getting The Quiet Earth - I'm really into post-apocolyptic stuff, I did get "I Am Legend" but was too scared to watch it (LOL).
Quote from Jakg : I did get "I Am Legend" but was too scared to watch it .

What...the...fcuk?

Ohh well...good thing you didn't watch it because it was bloody awful.

What the hell is it with the over use of crappy CGI these days?

....and the ending was shite.
Quote from Jakg :...I did get "I Am Legend" but was too scared to watch it (LOL).

DAMMIT FRONK!

Was Will Smith too scary?
Just watched this movie and didnt realise it was a New Zealand film until i saw the Marae over half way in to it Pretty good movie especially for one made in New Zealand. I found the first half a lot more interesting than the second.

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG